Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ You guys are both probably right, it's only a matter of time...

Mack - I'm interested to hear about the shrinkage in the collar in the Large. Like Rob said, I would most likely be getting these shirts for casual wear, so I probably wouldn't need the shirt to fit my exact 15.5 neck, but if it shrank anywhere else - like in the chest - it might render the shirt unwearable. Either way, I think I'll probably try one soon to see how it fits out of the box.

2. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Is it safe to machine wash the linen trousers? Will they shrink? If anyone has tried this I'd be interested to hear what the result was.

3. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I don't think the large will be too loose in the waist. I wear a size large shirt, although I shrink mine in the dryer so that the neck won't be too big. After doing so I think the fit in the body is just right for me, and I have a 33" waist.

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Interested in the answer to this as well. I have washed linen shorts without shrinkage. I suppose the same would go for trousers. Of course, if you don't send them to the cleaners, you'd have to be pretty nifty with an iron or steamer to get them looking at all crisp.

5. konadog

konadog Senior member

i've washed my tangerine linen trousers twice already. washed them cold, hung em dry, and ironed them. no noticeable shrinkage. perhaps the shrunk 1/8" in length if anything. linen is a really strong fabric, you can iron it on the highest setting. i found it quite easy to get them crisp. of course, they quickly go back to being a little wrinkly, as that's what linen does.

6. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I didn't find the waist to be too billowy when I sized up to Large. The Medium shirts are fairly snug in the chest, and pretty form fitting on me around the waist, with basically zero billowing, so having an extra 2" (I think) around the waist didn't make them too billowy for me. If you need zero fabric sticking out in the back, I'm not sure if Large would do that, but I was happy with the fit around the waist. (for reference I wear size 32 Walts and 32 or 33 Rivets) I'm not sure if you're familiar with Brooks Brothers ESF shirts, but the Large billows less than a Medium ESF shirt for me. (both are acceptable to me)

In my experience, the neck maybe shrinks about 0.5". The rest of the shirt also seems to shrink a little bit, but the shrinkage rate depends on the fabric. I don't think it's anything major, perhaps something like 1/4" in most dimensions on the speckled chambray shirts (charcoal & cream) I got in Large.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  7. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Taking a shot in the dark on the shirt sizing the other day was made a lot easier knowing that if it doesn't work out then I just have an excuse to get another pair of Rivets on the exchange...

8. jeromecd

jeromecd Senior member

Just got my speckled chambray and plum rivets! So awesome.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Windowpane linen and pine Walts arrived today. Washing and drying the linen in 36 (which I guess means I'm keeping those), so see how they size up. Pine Walts are outstanding. Beautiful color and beautiful lightweight fabric. Well done.

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

thanks! this does help...but I guess I'll have to try one on first to see if even minimal shrinkage in the chest will spell disaster for me

11. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

Hi Matt,

I've dropped you a pm with regards to my order, please do get back to me once you have time.

Thanks!

12. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Let me know if that speckled chambray doesn't work out for you.

13. demizzle

demizzle Well-Known Member

Thinking about picking up a pair of epaulet chinos... not sure what size to get however. I'm typically about a 31 in other jeans/chinos. Should I go for the size 31s? Do I need to do any sizing down or take into account any stretching?

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Measure your pants -> compare with their chart -> buy. Don't do any weird sizing down.

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Not much stretch in the chinos...if anything, a wash (even cold) may bring a *touch* of a shrink.