Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Heads up -- a pair of size 31 French Blue chinos is on their way back to Mike and Adele...

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Yes. It seems as if I am. I'll definitely let you know what I decided. My guess is that it will end up being a decision based on how the thigh and seat fit in one vs the other.
    Great shirt. Have that one myself and wore in during our recent March heatwave. Looking forward to getting into it again. And in re. the dog. Must like you or something. That or looking for food.:)

3. xr4ti

xr4ti Senior member

Does anyone have the Loro Piana Navy Window Pane Trousers and would be willing to snap some pics as to what they look like in the daylight? I want to pre-order some on the Rudy order but the pics on the website are dark. Just want to get a true feel for the color before I order, no returns on the Rudy's makes it tough. Thanks in advance.

4. trig

trig Senior member

anyone need 34 navy canvas rivets before i return to epaulet? i'm going to go for the navy regimental twill walt instead, seems darker and softer :)

5. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I'm on the fence about the pre-order for these also. Ideally, a whole 3-piece suit it this fabric would magically make its way to the city by the bay.

6. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Hey Mike,

I think I mentioned previously that I'm going to return the gingham shirt that I bought but I was thinking about exchanging it for a pair of trousers or chinos. I'll probably order the Navy Windowpane Linen Walts but I'm also looking for a pair of summer trousers that might go with these green suede shoes I got recently and I was wondering if you (or anyone else) would be able to recommend something? I guess the French Blue or White would be great but any other suggestions, may be a bit more daring?

[​IMG]

Slightly better pic of the colour.

[​IMG]

Thanks

7. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Yea, that's about my only decision-making factor with these as well, thanks to their great ability for being let in or out in the waist. +1 for Epaulet's thoughtful design!

8. JanC

JanC Senior member

Can someone tell me how Epaulet shirts fit compared to Wolf v Goat Before Dinner shirts?

Thanks

9. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Thought I'd throw in a cramerton fit:

[​IMG]

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I wear a medium in Epaulet and for a BD medium in WvG, I could get the shirt on, but I was literally about to bust a seam in the arms. WvG shirt had higher armholes and slimmer arms and slimmer through the chest. In contrast the AD in medium didn't have darts, so the waist was loose, still relatively slim though. But if you asking about construction and overall quality, the epaulet shirt is on a different level.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

^^ Thanks Matt!
    And we'll have fit pics for both of these shirts tomorrow. Just wanted to give you guys first crack at them as they're brand new and available in every size. The "Sunset Madras" is the same cloth as the new Spring '12 Madras that we're running. It's beautiful.

Yup, they left Italy this week. If all goes well with customs, then we'll have them on-hand by next weekend. I'll keep you guys posted.

I don't believe that we have any more Caramel in-bound for the next few deliveries, but we'll have a freaking ton of chinos for the next run. The new Duck Canvas color is "Leaf," which is a really gorgeous green. Less bold than the racing green that we did.

And we'll have a Walt Regiment Twill in "Golden Brown," which will hit that Caramel feeling. Both should be here by the end of the month.

Very nice, we love this combo!

The show was at Webster Hall. Thank god we got drinks beforehand as hitting the bar there is a total PITA.

"Party Hard" is such a good tune. I'm an especially big fan of "You Will Remember Tonight" and "I Want to See You Go Wild" from his later albums too.

Blaze trousers and the gingham shirt look super-fresh. I love that bold color combo.

Dig those red socks too!

Stanley pretty much nailed it. As a rule I'm generally conservative with ordering wholly new fabrics, so we do have certain items which hit a nerve and sell out quickly. But our Spring shirting line as a whole still has most sizes available in most fabrics, which is where it should be at this point in the season.

For trousers and chinos, I changed around our production schedule a bit. It used to be that we got BIG shipments every 8-12 weeks. I'd cut 70 pairs of a single pant at once. The problem with this is that we're locked into a size scale. If 30's sell out, then too bad. If someone wants a Rudy in that fabric, then too bad. Our new setup is to do regular monthly deliveries. Certain colors and fabrics will come and go, but basic items are generally refreshed in all sizes and special orders - including Rudy trousers - can be easily accommodated.

I hear you though. I never want our business to feel like a sneakerhead boutique, where nothing is ever in stock and it's all hype and artificial product shortages. They'll always be fast-selling things like Speckle Chambray's and Ravello Brixton boots, but I always endeavor to carry a well-targeted quantity of stock on each item.

Very nice, hope that you had a great time!

Very sharp! I dig the belt-less look too.

If you're in the market for a new P&S camera, check out the Ricoh GR Digital IV. I love this camera. Having the Iphone 4S makes a lot of P&S cameras kind of pointless, as the Iphone takes such killer daytime shots. But the Ricoh has a special look that separates it from the pack, and it's really fun to use.

Thanks for all of the feedback, and glad that most of your order worked out. Drop me a quick PM with your name. 36" on the Cramertons definitely sounds oversized from where it should be. We'll get something sorted for you on those.

Thank you sir, enjoy them!

Yes, we'll actually shoot these tomorrow on Dylan. We didn't have the right shoes to do it last week, but we'll hook up some natural light fit pics on these and a few other trousers that don't have them shortly.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

12. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

couldnt wait for the fit pic to be up and kopped the linen stars with haste!

are there gonna be anymore upcoming release of shirtings in the next week or so?

13. JanC

JanC Senior member

Thanks. Was trying to figure how the two differed in fit. I'm thinking a small would work for me then. How did the M Epaulet compare to the M BD at the waist?

14. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Thanks for the response, Mike, but I'm looking for the Desert Ducks. I have some Caramel Ducks, already! :slayer: