Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I don't really like wearing belts. This is why I'm so picky about how my pants fit, especially around the waist. If it's .25 inch too loose, I will have them taken in.

Admittedly, I just own about 4-5 belts from the Brooks Bros Outlet since I rarely wear them. I've been looking at buying higher quality belts, but I can't justify it as of yet.

I need a SF neighbor so we can take outfit pictures!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

3. adamadelaide

adamadelaide Member

My first order from Epaulet arrived today! I ordered the navy canvas rivet chinos (34), a brown belt, white cutaway oxford (L), and Rudy Cramertons (34).

This will be no surprise to anyone here, but the rivets are fantastic, the fabric, fit, construction are all great. I was concerned they'd be too snug in the thigh, but whilst they're pretty slim on me, they're far from skin-tight territory and I'm really happy with how they look.

You can't really say too much about a belt, but the leather is beautiful and the construction is great.

The shirt (a large) is again really well made, and the fabric is great, though slightly too big for me in the neck (measured as 16.75, I'm guessing measurements on site are to middle of buttonhole rather than edge) and not quite as slim in the waist as I would prefer. I would slim down to a medium, but I'm concerned that the chest will be too tight (I'm just over a 40inch chest).

The Rudy Cramertons are fantastic in fit and fabric, as was to be expected. I originally had a comment in here about them being slightly larger than advertised in the waist, which they are, but I needed to have them taken in anyway, and the discrepancy wasn't as bad on closer inspection than first thought.

I was originally planning to pre-order some pants in other fabrics in the Rudy cut, depending on how my first pair turned out. Can any Rudy 33/34 owners provide some feedback regarding measurements and fit, particularly in the wools?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

4. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

guys, don't sleep on this red/white/blue madras restock. i special ordered it in XS and recently it arrived in the mail. it's super light, breathable, and perfect for the summer. the pattern is really nice with some light blue and yellow mixed in for a little contrast. it's been usually cool in the bay area, otherwise i would wear it today.

my collection is up to 14 epaulet shirts. :)

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ no joke, have it, and the shirt is legit

6. xr4ti

xr4ti Senior member

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
    Yeah the pants are sick! I got really lucky and was talking to Mike about sizing on the pair of 32 he had (I wear a 33 Rudy) seeing if I could tailor them to fit. Then out of some crazy Epaulet magic he found a pair of 33 in the back. So lucky and very happy with the pants.

FYI I wear a 33 in the Rudy Trousers(own the Cramertons) and a 34 in the Rivet Chino. Seems to be a good size fit for me all around. The Rivet Chinos are a little slimmer than the Rudy Trousers even in the size difference from 33 to 34. Hope this helps.

7. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Yeah, I'm a 34 in the Rudy and I size up to 36 in the Rivet Chinos.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

+1 I'm the exact same size - 33 Rudy and 34 Rivet and the fit is spot on all around.

9. GBear

GBear Senior member

Haha, i'm the exact opposite, I need to be wearing a belt. Too bad, i'm an hour away lol!

10. meso

meso Senior member

How cute. Spring bromance?

11. jthan09

jthan09 Senior member

Finally ordered the rivet chino in gunmetal and khaki. So excited!

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I have the pine and windowpane linen Walts arriving tomorrow. Trying out the windowpane in 34 and 36. Wool Walts seem to be perfect in 34. had to have the sanded canvas let out after a wash, and they even felt tight right out of the shipping box. Not sure why that is. Supposed to be the same measurements.

Then based on my 34/36 findings, plan to order a pair of the cherry red Walts. Those sound like a little bit of fun.

13. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

^ are you normally inbetween sizes as well? I was planning on getting the 34 and 36 in the linen walts, too, so please chime in once you receive them!

14. xr4ti

xr4ti Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wearing the Madras today, fantastic shirt, IH Jeans and Alden Roy Boots. Damn dog keeps photo bombing me.

15. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Are cuffs getting even larger on SF? I recall when 1.75" was considered bold.

Nice pants though. Perhaps I should have gotten some.