1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Rob is going to come with "Thug Lyfe" tattoo'd on his stomach and expecting you to play some Biggie, Mike!

2. thebunk

thebunk Well-Known Member

Mickey Precious! I love it.

PS - pulled trigger on 3rd order in two weeks. Cannot wait for my 2 trousers to arrive for the second pre-order.

3. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

Got my chambray blue trousers in walt on Saturday and am in love. Need to be hemmed, but I wanted to wear them so bad that I wore them to work on Monday with the pants rolled up. Next, or in the next two weeks, I'm going to get some navy and charcoal walt trousers, plus maybe the carmina oxfords (might order from meermin instead for a cheaper shoe option). Oh man, thanks for sending me to the poor house.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Rob - how does the navy tweed compare to the navy marl lambswool from last F/W? I love the navy marls, but I'm debating if I actually need another pair of navy trousers.

:slayer: to Factory Finds getting delivered this weekend! And another :slayer: to new Bedford cords. I need to replace my pieces of crap from Banana Republic and I can't find anyone that makes a decent corduroy pant...well, I wasn't really looking that hard, basically just waiting on Mike to put some new ones into production. What colors are they going to come in?

5. mikeharo

mikeharo Well-Known Member

Thank - you for your help. Great service!

6. Racing Green

Racing Green Well-Known Member

Which just happens to be on my wants list for this winter. :slayer:

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I don't have the lambswool, but have the Donegal, and its a similar hue. The tweed is a lot heavier and lined. Corduroy Rivets i hear or are these Walts? Shit.

8. bob_loblaw

bob_loblaw Active Member

Hi Everyone,
    Are folks typically tailoring the hems on the Rivet Chinos, or just rolling them, or just personal preference? What's being recommended style wise?

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

The SFgroupthink crowd calls for a hem, but really its however you want as far as I'm concerned. I have some hemmed with a cuff and the taping removed, I have some hemmed plain, and some hemmed an inch and a half long so I can flip and show the taping. No real rules, just do it how you see fit.

10. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Are we talking about three different navy trousers? I think so: The navy shetland, navy donegal, and navy marl lambswool. The shetland is the heaviest, and I'd say the donegal and marl lambswool are equivalent, with perhaps marl lambswool being slightly heavier. The lambswool trouser wears differently, though, than a tweed. The colors on all three are variegated, but in different ways -- the donegal and shetland are both similar in their woven contrast patterns, whereas the lambswool is pretty different. I can't imagine not wearing tweed trousers in the colder months -- I'd pick one up for sure.

11. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

Not groupthink in my case, but having tried my rivet chinos flipped (actually following your example!), I decided that although I love the trousers, the taping was gimmicky (it's not as if it is selvedge) - especially with the particular brushed cotton fabric of the particular release I first bought, and that the slim cut of the trousers made hemming look better. I have no objection to how anyone else wears them but I don't think I would wear them any other way now.

12. Beatlegeuse

I think the Bedford cords follow the Rivet fit if I'm not mistaken....Mike would prob need to clarify.

Yup you got it right...I have the navy marl lambswool but not the navy donegal, and I was wondering if the navy shetland would be worth getting. I don't wear blue dress trousers all that much (the navy marls get worn maybe once every 2 weeks), so it might be overkill to have another navy pair. The cocoa (I think that was the other pair in Rob's pic) looks mighty tempting, but I'm moving to Florida next month, so I might not get much use out of any of the shetlands :cry: I need to check the weather to see how cold it can actually get there in winter so I can justify buying some tweed.

13. bearspoke

bearspoke Active Member

Question for the Epaulet crew or those with some experience with Carmina. I've been lusting over the Carmina releases as of late and pistolero's shot a few pages back was just irresistible. After wearing regular width shoes at a size well above my proper size for most of my life I've recently been sizing down on my shoes to what I believe is the correct size. Most recently I've purchased an 8E set of Alden's on the Barrie, and 8.5E set of AE Park Avenues and a 9d set of Rancourt chukkas. As the Epaulet stock of Carminas are available only in a D width, does anybody have any sense of which of the lasts might be more forgiving to a wide footed guy like myself? Are there any Carmina lasts that I should be steering clear of?

14. bob_loblaw

bob_loblaw Active Member

I see what you did there!
    Thanks.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Oh of course. If you're a white DJ in your mid 30's then I believe it's actually a New York City law that you're required to play "Juicy," all while sheepishly mouthing all of the lyrics. That goes without saying.

I think that it's all of the Billy Joel, Bad Manners, and R.Kelly that will catch them off guard.

We're going to have five Navy wool options this season (at least, I might always find some more)

Navy Super 120s - our classic dress pant
    Airforce Flannel - available via Factory Finds special orders. Greyish-blue color.
    Navy Flannel - similar to the trouser we ran last year. Soft, warm and a sold dark navy tone
    Navy Donegal - middle-weight tweed trouser with flecks of grey and navy, and a textured weave
    Navy Shetland - heaviest of all. Thick, tough, and freaking awesome.

Navy Flannel will arrive in about 3 weeks. Navy Donegal in about 5. Shetland will go live this week. 120s is already online. And Airforce will pop up for special orders about 4 weeks from now.

Thank you sir!

Yes, at the store we see every possible variant. I'd say that the majority of guys with an inseam of over 32" who plan to wear the chinos casually tend to just cuff them.

The Forest last in a wide fitting is most likely going to be the best fit for you. It's also the only last that's available in wide.

We don't stock wide sizes but (1) we offer them with our Epaulet x Carmina MTO projects and (2) we can take them as a special order on one of our normally replenished stock styles - like the Fitzgerald.

I'm sure that we'll put together some Forest Last MTO projects within the next few weeks. Given your sizing, I'd recommend a 7.5UK wide.

16. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mike! I'll give steaming the pants a shot. This is great to hear.

Hope you guys have a good time at the Epaulet pool party!

17. Beatlegeuse

woops, I think my original question got lost in the shuffle with all the navy pants talk....what colors will the Bedford cords come in? And that will follow the same cut as the Rivets, right?

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Oh yes, sorry. Bedford Cords are a Rivet Chino style. We released a moss color last year.

The new colors are bordeaux and a medium blue. I may give them jazzier names that that when they arrive. Bedford cords are awesome - it's kind of a simulated corduroy which has a much less pronounced nep and is tough as hell. It's actually a variant of "Jungle Cloth." It works perfectly with the Rivet Chino shape.

1 person likes this.
  19. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

Might we also see a re-up of some Moleskin trousers?

20. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

awesome... any date in mind? mid-september i'm guessing?