Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for posting the pics, you guys look sharp. And congrats on the new car - it's dope!

Well, I may still do with the captoe, I haven't decided yet. I'm just sure that we're going to run a Simpson-last double monk in Color #8

Oh, it's definitely a blucher. It's going to be rad in the snuff suede.

I personally really love the Inca last. I think that it's pretty unique. I haven't encountered such a slim toe with a comfortable waist like the Inca before. But I wear my EG Westminster's in the 888 last quite a bit and I appreciate them in a different way. The Simpson last is fairly similar to the 888, it just has a less pronounced square toe at the front. I can see us easily offering both.

Thanks, and enjoy them!

Looking forward to the shots. They're going to be arse-kicking with the suspender buttons!

2. trig

trig Senior member

hey mike, will you guys be restocking the speckled cream chambrays at all? or one shot deal?

3. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I think I ordered the last Speckled Chambray in a Medium, it will be my first Epaulet shirt and if for whatever reason it doesn't fit I will gladly put it up for sale in this thread if anybody needs one.

Just checked my order status and it doesn't say shipped yet, ordered them yesterday morning, hopefully I snagged one... *crossing fingers*

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

4. trig

trig Senior member

dibs!

5. Epaulet

We have a little bit more fabric, but I believe that most of that's spoken for with special orders in XS. My apologies, that particular shirt went out like gangbusters.

It's been a while since I've posted a fit pic. Here's a recent shot from Rome. I'm a sucker for drinking out of their public fountains.

[​IMG]

Jacket: Arc'teryx Veilance (bought from B&S)
    Trousers: Epaulet Wool/Cashmere (special order in Rudy Fit)
    Socks: Comme Des Garcons
    Shoes: Carmina Salinger Saddle Shell Cordovan

6. nadav

nadav Senior member

Aw. I literally had a dream about wearing this shirt a few days ago but it was gone by the time I woke up!
    I'm coming up to NYC in May... starting to put aside money for visiting Epaulet now.

7. rotv

rotv Member

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but will the caramel colored duck chinos be restocked eventually or were they a one off?

8. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I MIGHT HAVE MY CARAMEL DUCKS TODAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

When you say a restock of Gunmetal, do you perchance mean the all time amazing Japanese Cotton Gunmetal? :drool:

10. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

That sounds good. We are coming in on Saturday, May 26 and leaving on Wednesday the 30th. We really have no major plans other then to eat, shop and take in the sights and sounds. I will send you a PM as we get closer (along with pre-ordering stuff\holding some stuff for me).

B.

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Mike, you are a brave, brave man.

French Blues today with the speckled chambray...chilly this AM so most of it was covered by the sweater:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Edit, wow sorry for the shitty pics...

12. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Dare I ask if any new Carmina styles are in the works?

I dare.

13. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

So, there was shrinkage discussion that ended with: don't dry 'em.

If I am going to (tumble) dry them anyway, what are the thoughts on the new twills? I'm not patient enough to air dry them, it's not going to happen. I'll buy Rudy's and let them shrink a bit If I need to(what I've done in some cases previously). However, my Cramertons, for example, didn't shrink appreciably in anyway other than length. My UK Stone (For sale, by the way) shrank to the point where I cannot wear them any longer. I have a bigger butt and thighs from crossfit, but can pull off a totally unshrunken Walt.

Should I wait for the Rudy special order? Or can I bank on these not really shrinking? Many thanks, all.

14. Epaulet

We'll get a small restock with the next delivery, about 16 units or so.

Ah no, it's the Gunmetal canvas that we've been running for the past year.

Very nice, let me know!

Those French Blue's look fantastic! Great fit overall.

And I know drinking out of a public fountain looks insane, but the Roman fountains have really clean spring water. It tastes great. I actually prefer it to the bottled stuff or the tap water there. That city is the freaking best.

He who dares, wins! These should be here in the next few weeks:

1. Salinger Double Monk in Snuff Suede
    2. Navy Suede plaintoe with metal eyelets, storm welt, and combo leather/dainite sole
    3. Punched Chocolate Calf captoe dress oxford
    4. Fitzgerald Shortwing in Graphite calfskin
    5. A mystery but unbelievably ass-kicking Epaulet exclusive style in Saddle Shell Cordovan
    6. Women's Grey Suede high heel captoe
    7. Women's Caramel calf high heel shortwing

There's also a Snuff Suede Austerity brogue. We ran off about 20 of these, and they were available by preorder only.

Definitely run the Women's styles by the ladies in your life after they arrive. If she likes the look of the shoes, then she'll never believe how comfortable they are. She will LOVE them. The style and design of women's shoes can be debated forever, but I've never seen a women's shoe that's as well constructed and as nicely finished as Carmina. They're nutzo gorgeous.

Most of our cotton trousers have minimal to no shrinkage, but the UK stone's were a bit of an odd duck in that department. For the Regimental Twills, I don't believe that they'll shrink at all in with a low heat drying session. But to be safe, run them through the wash once you get them - even before you wear them the first time. If you need to let them out in any way in the thighs, seat, or waist, you can still do it. I've only personally tested them with hang-drying, but the fabric is sold as pre-shrunk and treated, so I don't believe that it will change to any significant degree with a cold wash and low heat machine drying.

That said, to get the maximum life out of your good cotton garments and to preserve the color, I always recommend hang drying. Even if you don't get shrinkage, repeated machine drying of good cotton trousers will dull the color eventually. If you hang these out, they'll generally dry fully overnight. The fabric's not too thick.

15. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

are there any new Alden styles in the works?