Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

send Mike or Matt a PM if you think you actually have an issue, they'll get back to you quickly and are always extremely helpful

2. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

There should be a forum sticky stating "COLD wash, HANG dry." The only thing that sees hot/warm water and the dryer are my socks and underwear.

3. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

Here is a question for other Epaulet fans from Canada. Have any of you ever been charged duty on your purchases? My order was delivered today and in addition to the usual taxes (HST), they wanted to collect for duty as well. I assume that since the Cramerton Walts are manufactured in the US, there should be a reduced rate of duty or no duty at all. Any comments and/or experiences with this situation would be greatly appreciated

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

4. Duppy

Duppy Well-Known Member

No, just taxes on the item. I've gotten shirts and pants from them, with only tax and a processing fees for customs.

5. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

I agree, cold wash on all my clothes and hang dry. may seem tedious, but will keep your clothes lookin fresh [​IMG]

6. althanis

althanis Senior member

If I do go ahead and get more trousers from Epaulet, I'll probably use a proxy.

Edit: Can you tell us the amount you got charged?

7. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

You can fix that by turning the legs inside out and ironing the seam tape while gently pulling the leg straight.

(I've brought this up before but I wouldn't be sad to see the tape disappear in favor of felled seams throughout, or at least felled outseams. But the the rivet chino fit on me is effin' perfect...)

8. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Looks good to me, too.

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

i don't even have a dryer.

10. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

This is the my first time having a shipment from Epaulet hit by duty. Of my 3 previous orders, 1 was delivered without any charges whatsoever, and 2 only had HST charged. The Cramerton Walts had duty of $15 added to the $18 HST and customs handling fee. A fairly negligible amount, but it adds up over time.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

This is why I dry clean all of my pants. My shirts, I wash at home and hang dry. The only things that go inside the dryer are under garments, and sleep clothes.

I don't think I have the patience to hang dry my pants and iron/steam them after. :embar:

Today is going to be a good day. 2 orders placed on different dates, but both are arriving today. 4 pair of pants waiting for me to go back to! :slayer:

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Also, I want to try a shirt out, but I'm not sure if I should get a small or medium.

I'm 5'10'', my neck size is 14.5'', chest is 37'', waist is about 31-32. My dress shirts are MTM, but I see some nice patterns from the Epaulet gang here that I wanna try.

I'm tempted to get a medium and shrink it a bit. Any opinions, gentlemen?

13. althanis

althanis Senior member

Thanks. Looks like I'll just skip the proxy then, since the taxes seem relatively low.

14. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

I'd like to know as well as your measurements are similar to mine although I usually go with a 15 neck. I was thinking of going with a small.

15. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

I don't think that I would bother with a proxy just to ship to Canada. As I said, this my fourth shipment from Epaulet and the only one to get charged duty. Even in this case, I believe that Canada Customs made an error in charging duty. Since the trousers are made in the US, they should qualify as exempt under NAFTA. I may dispute the charge and see if I can get a partial refund. Canada Customs has taken me for a fair amount of cash in the past several months.

To apply for a refund, it seems that I will need to provide information to satisfy the following:

(c) where the goods were classified incorrectly or the wrong tariff treatment was applied; proof of the
    origin of goods such as invoices or purchase orders that provide a complete description and origin of
    the goods;