• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do a forced savings from my pay to afford my addiction...and also B&S like mad to supplement it.

Speaking of which, I'm offering my burgundy Cardigan in Small for $150 now...c'mon guys, daddy needs a(nother) new pair of Walts

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Dear Styleforum,

Don't sleep on the Desert Ducks! Get them while you still can!

Sincerely,

A Concerned Citizen

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If that's the past couple of months you're doing really well on grocery/restaurant/coffee spending. Nothing at bars?
Yeah the Alden thread has people strategizing how to hide new pairs of shoes or how to tell their wives.

For the most part, I actually live very cheap. I've also sold a fair amount of stuff in that period so that's not really the whole story. But it's still definitely my largest single category of expense right now.

AML225

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question about the epaulet "slim walt" trousers. I see they only come as a 34" inseam. Typically I wear a 29" length, does epaulet offer alterations when you purchase? If not how difficult would these pants be to alter? I don't really know of any tailors in my area so traditionally I've modified my pants myself, but those are pants that cost (at most) half as much as these, naturally I'm hesitant. I'm looking for a good slim fit dress pant that I can wear to work. My current favorites are Calvin Klein "body fit" dress pants in size 32x29 (I'm almost positive these were mislabeled as the waist clearly measures to 34") but these are a little tight in the crotch/thigh, don't come in many colors, and generally I know I can do better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Threw my speckled chambray in the dryer for maybe 15 minutes on low heat, shrank perfectly. It now measures about the same as the listed size chart, whereas before it was a little larger.

nbernie

Reaction score

Hey guys, I have a question about the epaulet "slim walt" trousers. I see they only come as a 34" inseam. Typically I wear a 29" length, does epaulet offer alterations when you purchase? If not how difficult would these pants be to alter? I don't really know of any tailors in my area so traditionally I've modified my pants myself, but those are pants that cost (at most) half as much as these, naturally I'm hesitant. I'm looking for a good slim fit dress pant that I can wear to work. My current favorites are Calvin Klein "body fit" dress pants in size 32x29 (I'm almost positive these were mislabeled as the waist clearly measures to 34") but these are a little tight in the crotch/thigh, don't come in many colors, and generally I know I can do better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. 

1. walts are the best pants ever and exactly what you're looking for.
2. they are very easy to alter.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Whats in the bag daddy?"

"Only the good stuff, Epaulet Gear and Mazzolas bread for dinner tonight."

47b06b49.jpg

Navy Cavas Rivets

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that your house with the Christmas lights still up?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you haven't ha anything altered before it can be a bit intimidating. As for hemming pants, it's a very simple thing to do and most dry cleaners I know of offer this service. You just need to know how you want them and be firm when having them pinned for the alteration. Lots of people who work in these places think that pants that puddle at your feet is the right way to go. Know what you want and be firm.

AML225

Reaction score
If you haven't ha anything altered before it can be a bit intimidating.
As for hemming pants, it's a very simple thing to do and most dry cleaners I know of offer this service. You just need to know how you want them and be firm when having them pinned for the alteration. Lots of people who work in these places think that pants that puddle at your feet is the right way to go. Know what you want and be firm.

Thanks for the tip! I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a pair of their slim walt regiment twill trousers in cloud. I'm really hoping that they'll fit right (minus the length) out-of-the-box so to speak. I absolutely love the fact that these are made in the USA. Between discovering these and Allen Edmonds I'm stoked that it is possible to look good in American clothing. Really, really, hope these will work out.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Love the fact that this stuff is made here.

OK, question for you guys (and Mike & Matt): I grabbed the Blaze cotton twill. I freaking LOVE the color, but I'm looking for some ideas for what to pair it with it when the weather's not sweltering.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Love the fact that this stuff is made here.
OK, question for you guys (and Mike & Matt): I grabbed the Blaze cotton twill. I freaking LOVE the color, but I'm looking for some ideas for what to pair it with it when the weather's not sweltering.

Rob, those are dope! I think they're calling my name too. Any navy/blue/white-based shirt will look awesome. As well as burgundy (think about about a grapefruit). I personally think that lighter browns and forest green would look great. Throw on a navy blazer over pretty much any of these, and you're golden.

I have the tangerine linen from last year which are even brighter and less matte-looking and these are the things I usually pair them with.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rob, those are dope! I think they're calling my name too. Any navy/blue/white-based shirt will look awesome. As well as burgundy (think about about a grapefruit). I personally think that lighter browns and forest green would look great. Throw on a navy blazer over pretty much any of these, and you're golden.

I have the tangerine linen from last year which are even brighter and less matte-looking and these are the things I usually pair them with.

Navy gingham ftw...what I was thinking, thanks Matt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads