1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Since cuff was brought up. If one wants to install a 2" cuff, how much excess material do you need? 2" exact or a bit more? Thanks!

2. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

any word on when the new walt fabric swatches come out?

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm not Mike or an employee of the shop, but I would think the current batch of trousers would have to be finished first. (I'm assuming you mean the "one off" swatches that were posted several weeks back).

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

You'll need about 4 inches, unless your tailor can do a "faux cuff", which I had Frank do me once...didn't have the heft of a real one though.

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Damn, I didn't realize you needed a full 4" for a 2" cuff. It's easy to flip up my Rivets for a cuff, but I've never had real deal cuffs tailored on to any of my dress trousers, and I was hoping I could do that with the special orders that I placed on the last Factory Finds sale. Anybody remember what the inseam will be on those? Looks like I'm probably going to need close to 38" if I want to put a real 2" cuff on them.

6. DahveedNG

DahveedNG Active Member

FWIW, I'm just under 6'4", I get my Walts let out to a 35" inseam, and I find the current Rivet cut to be just long enough, with an inseam of 35.5." If you haven't tried them yet, it may be worth a shot.

And if you're undecided between waist sizes, keep in mind that with a larger size you'll also have an extra 1/4" of total length from the rise. Just make sure to cold wash and hang dry.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

That's what I thought, that you needed quite a bit more than 2". Thanks, Rob!

8. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Is there any chance of reviving EP's Denim? My pair are just a little too worn to wear to the office and I really don't want to look for a new brand. Epaulet's denim has seriously been my favorite pair in rotation.

Bring back EP's!

1 person likes this.
  9. Beatlegeuse

Got my most recent order today, less than 48 hours from the time I clicked Confirm Order until the time they arrived at my doorstep....unbelievably fast shipping from NYC to SC. Unfortunately, the Salinger double monks will be going back. I either need a half size smaller or a narrower width - they look and feel great when I'm standing still, but as soon as I take a step my heel comes almost completely out of the back of the shoe. For reference, I wear a 12B Barrie, 12.5C Leydon, and these were 11.5UK. Would an 11UK be too small? I guess it doesn't matter for now, this was the only big size left in the black Salinger.

But in better news, my experiment on sizing up with the oxford cloth rivets worked just as I'd hoped. The 36 is big in the waist as expected, but the thigh and seat fits just like my other size 34s....running them through a cold wash now and I'll take them to the tailor to have the waist taken in tomorrow. :D

10. applky

applky Senior member

^ Re your Carminas, I'm a 10.5D TTS, 10D in the Barrie, a 9.5UK in most Carminas, but took a 9UK for the double monks since I wear them with loafer socks/no socks. Some people do that -- it's up to personal preference.

Glad to hear your Oxford rivet sizing experiment worked out. Mine did wind up being cut slightly slimmer than my other new rivets (and I got my Oxford rivets a while ago). I think lighter fabrics just make up a big snugger, like the linen for Walts.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  11. Beatlegeuse

^ thanks for the info...yeah I'm thinking an extra half size down might do the trick for me. Unfortunately that's not in stock right now, and I don't really want to get in the habit of buying and returning shoe after shoe trying to get the perfect fit. Hopefully I can make it back up to NY sometime soon to try some on in-store.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Gunmetal chinos today. Also, saluting and blocking out the sun at the same damn time!

[​IMG]

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Asked this a few pages back but this this mean definitely no restock of the Oxford Blue Rivets? Bit confused as Mike said they might be coming a while back.

14. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I got excited when I saw the newest newsletter, until I saw that there were no new Italia shirts. When are those coming in from across the pond, Mike?

The skirts look nice, though -- might have to talk the lady into one.

15. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

That'll be easy, at least if my wife is any indication.

16. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I second this. Love my two Italian shirts.

17. forsan

forsan Senior member

Easily one of the most gorgeous raincoats I've ever set my eyes on. So tempting...especially since they have it in my size. Unfortunately, it's just outside the budget right now [​IMG]

18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Blue and orange once again. The blue is deeper than the DB I wore earlier in the week. The orange is also more vibrant than the linen. Orange Walt, and Saddle Shell Carmina:
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  19. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

Wis, is that the Caine SC? Looks like it. Either way, looking good.