1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Well-Known Member

^ Because Epaulet doesn't make size 35 pants. El Argentino, FWIW I also think that the pants look great on you, even if they are a tad tight in the seat. Letting the seat out might be a good option. Do they feel tight elsewhere? From your photos the seat appears to be the only issue. Letting out the waist and the seat would be simple for a good tailor.

2. Rincon

Rincon Well-Known Member

What protective process do you guys take when you first receive some suede shoes?

3. plato

plato Well-Known Member

I had similar issues with a pair of rivets in caramel. My tailor did some work with the seat, crotch, and thigh seams which seems to have improved things, taking it in in some places and letting it out in others. He did say for my next pair just to size up to a 36 and have the waist taken in instead of all the other stuff. With the way that the trousers are built, the legs don't let out that much, and, since I'm usually a rudy-fit guy, I'll size up mainly for that reason for my next pair and will have the tailor just double check the rest.

4. applky

applky Well-Known Member

^ That also seems pretty reasonable.

5. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Didn't know that.
    For what reason?

6. sharkminusbear

sharkminusbear Well-Known Member

It's probably the same reason they don't make a size 31 in the walts [​IMG]

7. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

meltonian water and stain protector

8. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

I received my order of the navy polo shirt yesterday and my gosh it is pretty much perfect. Pulling it out of the box at work I was worried the fabric was too see-through but once worn that concern was completely annihilated.
    Mike, any plans to get more colors in on this item? I really need more reasons to deplete my savings account.

9. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Well-Known Member

So, how long have the Marcello jackets been in the sale section?

My student eyes cannot handle lingering on the Navy Glen Plaid for too long. I'm dying on the inside.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I usually check the sale page pretty frequently, and I'm pretty sure those jackets just popped up late last night or early this morning.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Thanks NYR - having just moved back here I'm really unfamiliar with the area regarding trustworthy tailors. I would imagine there's someone, however I also believe that sizing up would be the best option. The overall fit through the thigh is not what I'd been hoping for, so I'll just do the exchange. Mike and Adele are more than helpful in those regards, it'll just take a bit of time.

Teh squatz have finally frustrated me in a purchase!

12. Renalan

Renalan Well-Known Member

How'd you size?

13. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

got a small. Will try to post a fit pic later

14. about11oclock

about11oclock Well-Known Member

not seeing this. sold out like that?!?

15. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

^ guess so, but when I looked earlier, there was only 1 size left anyways.

on another note.

WOOL RIVETS [​IMG]

16. Therendition

Therendition Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm not understanding, but what's the difference going to be between the wool Rivets and the Walts?

17. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

rivets are chinos and walts are trousers, so the cut and fit is completely different. maybe a slightly heavier wool too. hoping the price point is still sub 200.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  18. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member

Chino is "technically" a type of cloth, but it's often used synonymously with trouser. That said, the cut of the rivet chino and the Walt are different, as you say. For example, Walts have a significantly higher rise.

19. Therendition

Therendition Well-Known Member

I see. I think for trousers, I would want the higher rise. I don't think I'd really like a chino cut in a trouser fabric, if you know what I mean.

20. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

I know what you mean (I think), but there's a surprising--as in almost total--lack of quality wool pants in ANY other cut besides a trouser, which will always be a more "formal" look, even when dressed down. So, a pair of wool Rivet-cut pants would/will be an awesome option for cold weather wear, with boots, etc, that is also more casual in nature. However, the nature of the fabric will also make them "dress up" a little more than the cotton RCs, so pairing with a sportcoat will likely be a nice option that's a bit more low-key than a Walt/Rudy, but still a killer combo.

I too hope they are sub-$200, but I also hope they have 1/2 or 3/4 lining on the thighs, since raw wool pants on the interior are less than cozy.