• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, it's been asked before but what are you guys wearing with your green canvas chinos?

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, it's been asked before but what are you guys wearing with your green canvas chinos?

So I don't have those specific chinos, but a pair of olive ones. The other night I wore them with a simple white shirt and a classic blazer with a red knit tie. Got a ton of compliments on it. I would imagine a similar look would look great with the canvas ones.

I've also paired them with purple, blue, and red gingham and have been pleased with that.

On an unrelated note, just placed an order for the Koi shirt. Hell yes! Was worried they wouldn't last until I got paid today.:slayer:

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I don't have those specific chinos, but a pair of olive ones. The other night I wore them with a simple white shirt and a classic blazer with a red knit tie. Got a ton of compliments on it. I would imagine a similar look would look great with the canvas ones.
I've also paired them with purple, blue, and red gingham and have been pleased with that.
On an unrelated note, just placed an order for the Koi shirt. Hell yes! Was worried they wouldn't last until I got paid today.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

And you now have 666 posts.
devil.gif

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the washed red Walts in size 33 (now sold out) that Mike had on sale last week, I am selling the pair I just received. Must have put on too much winter weight. Brand new with tags and just looking to recoup what I paid ($115) with free US shipping. PM me if interested.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

I have always had to pay customs, and I think I have tried both. But I'd be interested if you've found a way around it.

I've never ordered from Epaulet before but I've found with other retailers that if you choose the slower option it often arrives just as quickly and more often than not I've managed to avoid customs. Often the more expensive option actually gets delivered by Parcelforce and I always end up having to stump up the taxes.

I never have - to Ireland - and I use the cheaper USPS option. I've nearly always got stung with UPS from other US retailers. Ordered from Epaulet last Tuesday (6 March) received this Tuesday (13 March).

Ah, I ordered back on 26 Feb. Absolutely convinced it with customs now. Gonna have to wait a little longer for my Carmina's and Caramel Duck's.

Thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Yes, I can't believe that I didn't post it before, but Adele and I are on vacation this week in beautiful Rome! It's a belated honeymoon from our wedding back in October. Things are beautiful here, and we've been eating like crazy and riding a rental scooter all over town.

If you have anything urgent or need tracking, drop a quick PM to Matt at leftofthedial. You can also feel free to call either of our stores during normal business hours.

Here's a shot on-site at St. Peter's. Oh, and I'm wearing a long-sleeve polo sample that we may be making at an incredible knitwear house in Southern Italy which we may put out in both short-sleeve and long-sleeve and which may possibly be the best freaking polo available anywhere and which has proven able to break me of my 17-year long addiction to Fred Perry shirts. These are going to kick some serious ass:

Mike-
When is the next delivery of dress shirts with point collars slated for?

I know that we just got some shirts in, although I'm not sure of the exact collars on them. The long-awaited white OCBD arrived though!

After looking at the awning stripes for the last 2 days, I decided to bite the bullet. Admittedly, I have no clue what to wear with them yet. :embar:
Also, just a PSA to the gents: Mike is on vacation until next week so the answers may not be answered in the mean time. Unless Mike goes beyond the call of duty and checks in while on vacation!

I am SO glad that you bought those. Thanks so much! Pair them with a cream solid shirt and those Saddle double monks and you're good to go.

does your model wear the same size gitman shirt as epaulet or a size smaller?

He wears a Medium in both Gitman and Epaulet.

The awning stripe trouser is something fierce. Makes me wonder how far off we are from:
Paul Pfeiffer x Epaulet

I nearly spit up my Acqua Minerale Frizzante looking at this pic

Yes, a cuff will help for the lighter-weight fabrics.
Does this mean you don't plan on carrying other seersuckers? I like seersucker but was hoping for some other colors than the grey stripe.

Ah sorry, that is the last seersucker on the horizon. We do have a seersucker shirt in-bound in the next few weeks though.

My apologies if this has already been answered, but are there any plans to do some full linen suits?

Not at the moment, unfortunately. We'll have some great lightweight jackets though.

Olive Service Pant today:

No need to ask, he's a Smooth Operator

Any chance the new linens will be offered in the Rudy cut?

As a special order, absolutely. We'll do a general call for Rudy special orders the first week of April, with delivery around the end of the month. I can deliver any of the linen colors in Rudy.

I have the rivet chinos and they're pretty damn slim. I'd ideally like them a little looser. That being said, wouldn't the Walt be very similar? Who buys these as dress pants? I feel like they'd be much too slim for dress pants and that the Rudy would be more acceptable. Am I crazy?

The Walt accounts for the vast majority of our trouser sales. Plenty of our guys - I'd even say most of them - are totally comfortable wearing the Walt as a dress pant. It depends on your body and what you're comfortable with in terms of fit, but there's absolutely no reason why you couldn't wear the Walt dress trousers in even a very conservative environment.

Any idea if/when the Racing Green Walt trouser size 30 will be restocked?

Ah sadly, all of the Racing Green is gone. That was a one-shot deal.

Out of interest, when you guys need to contact Epaulet do you normally email them or drop them a PM?
I'm after a tracking number for the order I placed a few weeks back. I reckon it is probably stuck in Customs purgatory but it would be good to know for sure.

Shoot it over to Matt in a PM, we'll get that sorted for you.

I have always had to pay customs, and I think I have tried both. But I'd be interested if you've found a way around it.

USPS to most European destinations usually involves some sort of customs tax. In places like Australia, Hong Kong, and Ireland, the boxes often arrive tax free. With shipments to Canada, there's often some duty, but it's usually reasonable given the NAFTA agreement and the fact that most things we offer are made in the USA.

We don't use UPS, FedEx, or other private carries for International shipping. Not only will you be liable for the same tax, but they typically levy a customs brokerage charge on top of it. USPS goes through your local carrier, so there's no brokerage or additional fees. It's very reliable too.

Last edited:

trunks206

Reaction score
^ Get the hell off SF and go enjoy your time in Rome with the misses Mike!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will copy this outfit in about a week so we can be aZn bros. I went to pick up the pants tonight, but they let too much out. I asked them to take in about .25 inch. I'm very picky about how the waist fits. Right now, they have 4 pairs of Epaulet trousers. :( I only got 2 back today.

Mike, dude...go enjoy your vacation! :slayer:

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had all of that on specifically for you to copy, bro! I am pretty contempt with the amount they let out. I am starting to like the fit more as I wear them. Considering more chinos...

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had all of that on specifically for you to copy, bro! I am pretty contempt with the amount they let out. I am starting to like the fit more as I wear them. Considering more chinos...

Yes. I'm not much of a jean person so the chinos are the perfect replacement.

I need to slow down though. I'm running out of closet space. :(

Rompson

Reaction score
Is there any chance that the charcoal turtleneck will be restocked or is that a done deal now that spring is starting?:cry:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads