1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Its convenient for now as it lets me see when the kids are out of bed. Door is original to the 1930 construction, so I'm sure it's been removed once or twice and tinkered with!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

I love your stuff but you guys should really look into a web redesign.

3. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Will any of the new Carmina's come in dainite? Right now I'm looking at some c&j boots and chukkas for winter, but would not mind spending a bit extra $$$ to finally get some carminas. I just don't need any more leather soled shoes right now.

4. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

By the way, love my navy Walt 120s so much more than my linen trousers! I can't wait until the special order medium grey 120s I ordered arrive!

5. meso

meso Senior member

Epaulet's website is infinitely more usable than the majority of online retailers out there.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

+1. I friggin' live in Brooklyn and I use the website primarily.

7. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

Nice! I've been waiting for these Carmina belts to launch as I definitely need a brown dress belt. Any belts coming in caramel calf or cognac shell?

8. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

Oh man! I am in the market for a watch.... What models are they going to be? Are they going to be similar to the awesome first watch you did in the Explorer 1 style?

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

10. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Mike, you wouldn't happen to be restocking the regiment twills along with the rivets would you? I'm thinking the khakis in particular.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Blaze Walt
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

Nice camper, Wis! Kind of reminds me of SVB's photo with the VW or whatever in the background. Also, great pants.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Haha, I only have about 4-5 spots to take pictures during the week days.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I spent the last 30 mins looking at the Oxford Cloth Chinos...caved in and got a pair. :( I hope I can wear these long into fall! I want to see how they look with a light blue oxford cloth and a light blue stonewash jean jacket, haha.

15. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

wj4, after your outfits have been discussed a lot, not always because people agreed with your choice, myself included, I think this one looks nice while not being muted at all.
    Keep it up, mate!

16. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

What is the fit of the rivet chinos in comparison to W+H westpoint chinos?

Also, my usual size in slim shirting is a small, but sometimes that can be too tight in the body depending on the maker... I really need the sleeve length of a small, though. So I'm curious on others' experience with the fit of Epaulet shirting relative to other brands. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  17. applky

applky Senior member

^ Over the years the Westpoint has gotten less skinny and has moved toward a slim-ish fit that's closer to the Rivet Chino. The Westpoint still has a slightly lower rise than the Rivet and narrower leg -- and a much shorter inseam (though not as short as FW10, which was I think 31" or something crazy like that). I haven't found it as comfortable to wear or as well constructed as the Rivets, so I've never kept a pair I've ordered, and haven't found it to be worth the extra cost. The fit of recent collections, especially W+H's SS12, is somewhat similar, though.

EDIT: Also re your shirting question, it sounds like we have similar preferences for shirting. I joke that I'm usually a Smedium. For this reason I tend to buy Ashland Smalls. Epaulet Mediums fit me really well, but Ashland Smalls look like they're almost bespoke on me (I have had someone ask me this question before). Your best bet is to go with the measurement charts online. They're accurate and very helpful.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  18. mymil

mymil Senior member

You can also have your tailor add them. I've had mine add side tabs in addition to belt loops on all of my linen trousers. It's very cool that Epaulet offers additional details as a special order!

19. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

shorts are perfect length. everyone should do this.

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ my legs are way too hairy to pull off shorts that length :embar: