• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are there going to be any linen, cotton or other light-weight / lightly structured jackets this spring or summer?

FYI the Caine Blazer pretty much fits your criteria. The fabric feels great and could easily be worn in all but the absolute hottest days.

narcissism

Reaction score
Where is the sweatshirt from?

ffa127b7.jpg

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

It depends on how tight the 34s are in the thighs for you. I'm going with 36 in the new chinos, and I'm a 34 in Rudy trousers. Like Mike said, I'll have to get the waist taken in, but that's fine.
Thighs are the most important fit in a pant. The rest can be fixed/are less important out-of-the-box.

I think the 34s in the old model should work -- if not I can always swap em out!

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who purchased steamer from amazon according to your recommendation. Can you post instruction (vid would be perfect) on how to use it like you guys?

I can barely get rid of the wrinkles, if not get my shirts semi-wet from spending too much time. I wanna know your secret :embar:

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you take nice steamy showers, hang the shirt in the bathroom with you (but not in the shower itself) and a lot of the wrinkles will fall out....

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

The new rivet chinos are fantastic. NYRanger covered all the differences in great detail already so I won't rehash them all, but suffice it to say, this is a big improvement. I bought the initial first-run original rivets in the navy blue and they were the one Epaulet piece that never quite worked for me in terms of fit and fabric -- I ended up reselling them on B&S. The new french blue was too awesome-looking to pass up, so I decided to grab a pair and bought the same size as I had before.

The curved waistband has to be the biggest difference and it's a crucial one. These fit me much better than the old model -- I can already tell shirts will stay tucked more easily -- and I like the canvas fabric much more than the navy twill, although that's more just a matter of personal preference. They look just a little loose in this photo but they are straight out of the box and I think they should be perfect after a wash.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys bith look great...I'm very jealous of what appears to be spring-like weather. Its ******* 40 here and I'm tired of layering. Supposed to be 70 on Tuesday though, but I'm sure we'll have some sort of Easter blizzard...

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys bith look great...I'm very jealous of what appears to be spring-like weather. Its ******* 40 here and I'm tired of layering. Supposed to be 70 on Tuesday though, but I'm sure we'll have some sort of Easter blizzard...

25F here..

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new rivet chinos are fantastic. NYRanger covered all the differences in great detail already so I won't rehash them all, but suffice it to say, this is a big improvement. I bought the initial first-run original rivets in the navy blue and they were the one Epaulet piece that never quite worked for me in terms of fit and fabric -- I ended up reselling them on B&S. The new french blue was too awesome-looking to pass up, so I decided to grab a pair and bought the same size as I had before.

The curved waistband has to be the biggest difference and it's a crucial one. These fit me much better than the old model -- I can already tell shirts will stay tucked more easily -- and I like the canvas fabric much more than the navy twill, although that's more just a matter of personal preference. They look just a little loose in this photo but they are straight out of the box and I think they should be perfect after a wash.

I'm so ******* stoked for the next batch of rivet chinos. I'll be picking up some caramel ducks, and I'm already anticipating them becoming some of my favourite pants.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Rob. It's about mid 70s today. I actually went home to change. I'm now wearing Rivet Chinos and low top sneakers. Wanted to take pictures but no one else was home. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads