• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
customer complaints aren't really a community issue unless there is some egregious problem with customer service that warrants our attention beyond your specific issue.

if it were my business I'd want it to otherwise be handled privately. but if, for instance, you raised an issue and Mike (or any other vendor) told you to go *************, then you'd be justified posting about it. to do so before even giving them a chance to make the issue right is premature.

kidamerica17

Reaction score
So I might be speaking out of line here, but..
Don't you guys think that issues with specific garments(namely tears, defects, wear, etc.) should be addressed via a phone call to Epaulet or a private message to Mike? I just think an official affiliate thread isn't the best place to address those sorts of things. I've just been noticing a lot of these types of posts here. They don't really contribute to the thread and if anything, hurt business.
Epaulet provides awesome customer service...some of the best they've seen. I think the least we can do as customers is address our concerns privately instead of in open air.

agreed. this isn't representative of the overall quality or service provided by epaulet.

AServetnick

Reaction score
I've received the Olive Canvas Walts a few weeks ago. Since they have a fairly dressy look, I was wondering if you guys would recommend washing them (vs dry cleaning)?
If washing them is an option, should I do so before bringing them to my tailor?

Wash them first- mine shrank about an inch in the wash, and it doesn't throw off the dressy look. I can still iron them flt. But wash 'em first.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If, for instance, you raised an issue and Mike (or any other vendor) told you to go *************, then you'd be justified posting about it.

Unless said vendor is wearing these at the time of conversation, in which case the vendor has the authority to tell the customer (or anyone else) to ***************:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I thought it was that they could tell you to "go to hell" but I suppose the pants are there to say that for you, so you may have a point

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well at the same time, when you look at it the ratio of kudos : problem is more like 98:2 and I don't think you shouldn't voice out your experience whether good or bad..

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Go to hell, go *************, go crap in a hat—I think you can say anything you want in those trou.

My grandmother used to tell people to go **** in their hats all the time...love that expression.

As far as the issues being posted publicly:

1. It is a public forum, so I understand

2. Because its public, people have a greater responsibility to watch what they post (because anyone and everyone could read it), so I'd go through contact the vendor directly first. Epaulet has always seemed to go above and beyond in helping its customers, and while I've not had a problem with anything yet, I'm sure it will come along at some point. I'd just be careful not to chase potential customers from a place that does do good by its customer base.

Anyway, sucks about the jacket man...did you ever get it let out? Because it could very possibly be that if your tailor let that area out, he may not have put it back together with the same integrity as Epaulets original.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ffa127b7.jpg

ec60d571.jpg

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Those French Blue's look great Rob, can't wait to pick mine up from the tailor next week.

japples

Reaction score
I got the waist and seat of my navy rivets let out the full amount for $12. It seemed to work out well. I don't think you could tell they were altered, even with close inspection. There were no little holes from the original seam, that some people have noticed (although this is probably more of an issue with the heavier duck cloth). They fit quite well now, but they do seem a little tighter in the front than the back, if that makes sense. I know they altered the design of the waist,
and for me there is a little gap between the waistband and by lower back. Of course with a belt that doesn't make any difference, but I haven't notice this with the other cuts. Anyway, if you are a 34 slim walt in wool trousers, you may want to size up to the 36 in the rivets if you don't want to have to get the altered.

oisin

Reaction score

My grandmother used to tell people to go **** in their hats all the time...love that expression.
As far as the issues being posted publicly:
1. It is a public forum, so I understand
2. Because its public, people have a greater responsibility to watch what they post (because anyone and everyone could read it), so I'd go through contact the vendor directly first. Epaulet has always seemed to go above and beyond in helping its customers, and while I've not had a problem with anything yet, I'm sure it will come along at some point. I'd just be careful not to chase potential customers from a place that does do good by its customer base.
Anyway, sucks about the jacket man...did you ever get it let out? Because it could very possibly be that if your tailor let that area out, he may not have put it back together with the same integrity as Epaulets original.

yeah first thing i did was go yell at the tailor, but he swore up and down he didn't touch that area, and showed me where he did the work up higher under the arms on the side. i was just super bummed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads