Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

customer complaints aren't really a community issue unless there is some egregious problem with customer service that warrants our attention beyond your specific issue.

if it were my business I'd want it to otherwise be handled privately. but if, for instance, you raised an issue and Mike (or any other vendor) told you to go fuck yourself, then you'd be justified posting about it. to do so before even giving them a chance to make the issue right is premature.

2. kidamerica17

kidamerica17 Well-Known Member

agreed. this isn't representative of the overall quality or service provided by epaulet.

3. AServetnick

AServetnick Active Member

Wash them first- mine shrank about an inch in the wash, and it doesn't throw off the dressy look. I can still iron them flt. But wash 'em first.

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Unless said vendor is wearing these at the time of conversation, in which case the vendor has the authority to tell the customer (or anyone else) to fuck themselves:

[​IMG]

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I thought it was that they could tell you to "go to hell" but I suppose the pants are there to say that for you, so you may have a point

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Go to hell, go fuck yourself, go crap in a hat—I think you can say anything you want in those trou.

7. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Still hoping to see an action photo of those pants^^^

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Well at the same time, when you look at it the ratio of kudos : problem is more like 98:2 and I don't think you shouldn't voice out your experience whether good or bad..

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

My grandmother used to tell people to go shit in their hats all the time...love that expression.

As far as the issues being posted publicly:

1. It is a public forum, so I understand

2. Because its public, people have a greater responsibility to watch what they post (because anyone and everyone could read it), so I'd go through contact the vendor directly first. Epaulet has always seemed to go above and beyond in helping its customers, and while I've not had a problem with anything yet, I'm sure it will come along at some point. I'd just be careful not to chase potential customers from a place that does do good by its customer base.

Anyway, sucks about the jacket man...did you ever get it let out? Because it could very possibly be that if your tailor let that area out, he may not have put it back together with the same integrity as Epaulets original.

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Those French Blue's look great Rob, can't wait to pick mine up from the tailor next week.

13. japples

japples Active Member

I got the waist and seat of my navy rivets let out the full amount for $12. It seemed to work out well. I don't think you could tell they were altered, even with close inspection. There were no little holes from the original seam, that some people have noticed (although this is probably more of an issue with the heavier duck cloth). They fit quite well now, but they do seem a little tighter in the front than the back, if that makes sense. I know they altered the design of the waist,
    and for me there is a little gap between the waistband and by lower back. Of course with a belt that doesn't make any difference, but I haven't notice this with the other cuts. Anyway, if you are a 34 slim walt in wool trousers, you may want to size up to the 36 in the rivets if you don't want to have to get the altered.

14. oisin

oisin Senior member

yeah first thing i did was go yell at the tailor, but he swore up and down he didn't touch that area, and showed me where he did the work up higher under the arms on the side. i was just super bummed.

15. mymil

mymil Senior member

You should be nice to your tailor...