Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

When I don those awning stripe trou, I'll be beatin' off the groupies with a Louisville Slugger.

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

LOL, think we may be the only two in this thread up this early...

3. DahveedNG

DahveedNG Active Member

May have to bite on international shipping costs if I could rock those Mandarin Irishes (?!) on Queen's Day in Amsterdam.

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

so size down 1 might not have been a good idea after all :embar:

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

By sizing up, other dimensions such as leg openings, and thighs will also fit bigger as well. Just food for thought for those considering.

There's enough material to let out the waist so I personally would stay with the same size.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Trousers?:happy:

Going to have to consider the mandarin and scarlet, of course.

7. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

Hey mike will when we be able to order those new patterns in the rudy fit? And I ordered some pants during the first pre-order run. Have those finished yet? Thanks. Really want to get a rudy in the brushed cotton in tan and blue.

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

9. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I saw the post last night, but was too stunned by the sheer brilliance of the Mod Awning Stripe to type anything.

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey thanks to everyone who PM'd me about their rivet chinos! It looks like we have a mix of customers who find the new fit to be about the same and who find it a little tight in the waist compared to the older model.

For any first-time buyers out there, if you're considering one size or the other, I'd say that you can safely go with the larger size. I wouldn't necessarily advise you to size up one, but if you typically wear a 31 in some trousers and a 32 in others, then you'd want a 32 in the new Rivet Chinos. And I can say that we sold around 40 units in our stores this past weekend - the majority of which were sold to former customers who bought them in the same size as before.

As some members have commented here, the ability to have them tailored is a huge asset. It's the chief reason why we switched product. A lot of our guys wear the Rivet Chinos as a denim substitute, and just like a pair of jeans, they're looking for a perfect fit. Although the "off the rack" rivet chino fits most guys extremely well, a little bit of tailoring can make the chinos fit you as if they were custom made. The fabric and the construction are great, so investing a bit to have them precisely shaped to your waist and seat and give you a flawless fit in a tough cotton chino that you can wear regularly. And let's all keep in tough on how the chinos age and break in - especially the duck canvas. We did some early wash and wear testing on our own, but I'm really keen to see how these look after a few months of regular use. Thanks again for all of your enthusiasm and support for this new product line!

Oh, and speaking of Rivet Chinos, the next stock is grinding through as we speak. Look for these to come in about 15 days or so:
    [​IMG]

Whoa, thanks for posting that up! Man, those Alden's look great too. We haven't had a whiskey shoe in-store for a while, I didn't realize how close the two colors are in tone.

Yup, we'll have a full restock of Gunmetal, Navy, and Khaki Canvas Rivets with the next delivery.

And the new linens are crazy! We ran some tangerine linens last year, but the new Mandarin color is deeper and bolder. And that Scarlet is blood freaking red. They're beautiful.

They'll be very different in person. The Brushed Cotton Walts are a UK cloth with a matte, sanded finish. The color is really subdued on those compared to the chinos, and the feel is totally different. We'll hold up both pairs side by side when they arrive.

[​IMG]

We're going to do Rudy special orders the first week of every month. So these Walt's will go online at the end of March, you can see the fit photos and read about the fabrics, and then we'll collect Rudy orders in the first week of April.

11. homefloyd

homefloyd Well-Known Member

Haha! I'm glad I wasn't the only one to catch that!

12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

This is going to be a dumb question, but the French Blue Rivet Chino is a much bolder blue than I thought, and I realized that I have no experience with pants of this color. Mike mentioned that snuff suede shoes goes with it (got the Austerity Brogue on order), but what type/color of shirts go with this blue?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  13. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

14. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

For those who have already washed their french blue rivets, does the color bleed at all in cold water? Mine are coming in later this week...can't wait!

15. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I cold washed mine with a cream colored shirt (Epaulet cozumel jacquard) and didn't notice any color bleeding. (lucky for me, as I didn't even think about the possibility of color bleed)