Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

My Cramerton Rudys also fit about the same as my wool Rudys. If you need to shrink them, I agree that it is better to be a little cautious at first. But the dryer should work if you need it to. As another poster has just noted, they will shrink in the length as well as in the top block, so will want to be sure they are a little bit long to begin with. Maybe even a lot long.

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Got 29 Caramels and 30 French Blues today. I'm just traumatized at the fact that I had to get both of their waist out, when everything else fit okay; heck size 29 had perfect thighs and I couldn't button two! Is this possible for someone to have much bigger waist than other measurements? :violin:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

4. meso

meso Senior member

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

said it once before...bought a pair of these and returned them because I didn't think the last was right for my foot. but da-yam them's some good looking shoes. Might just have to get them again and hope they conform to my foot

6. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

7. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I'm confused as the description on your website states that these come with a double leather sole.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Rivet Chino Sizing Feedback

Hey guys!

Huge thanks to everyone who has been posting their experiences with the new Rivet Chinos. I'm glad that the new production is finding it's way into everyone's hands, and we've been getting a great response.

I'd love to hear feedback from guys who own both the original and the new chinos. Before we released them, we did a few rounds of fit testing. I had regular owners of Rivet Chinos in sizes 30, 32, 33, and 36 try on the new models. Overall, they found the sizing to be consistent from the old to the new model - although the new model tends to fit closer in the lower back due to the pitched waistband and slightly smaller waist circumference. My goal is to provide a consistent, but corrected and ultimately better fit on the new model.

I know that a few members here felt like they had to size up one, but the majority of our in-store customers were purchasing the same size as before. But this is a new pattern, and new patterns are made to be perfected, so nothing is etched in stone yet. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me your feedback (how does the new waist feel, how is the seat, did you have any break-in, how do they feel after a wash, after some wear, etc), then I'd love to hear it!

Regarding restocks, our new delivery should be here in about two weeks or so. I'll be out of town from the 13th through the 20th, but I'll shoot everything and get it online with a quickness after I return. There's good stuff in the pipeline!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Got my goodies today. I'm in the group where the new chinos fit a bit tight around the waist. I will let out about .75 inch. I thought about returning it, but I fear the next size up may be too loose elsewhere, ie thighs and rear.

Here's a quick photo of the Saddle Shell compared to Whiskey Shell. If anyone is curious...the PTB is a size 8 US in Barrie Last. The DB is a 7.5 UK in Inca Last.

[​IMG]

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

New Trousers In Work

I saw our trousers in work today. Man, this new delivery is going to be right on! Here's some preview shots. These should be in-house and ready to go around March 20th.

[​IMG]
    Scarlet & Mandarin Irish Linen

[​IMG]
    Khaki & Pale French Blue Brushed Cotton

[​IMG]
    Mod Awning Stripe
    (This stripe is THICK. These are going to be impossibly dandy. I mean Mick Jagger, "Under My Thumb" dandy. Good lord).

11. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

I was going to ask whether the restock will include the gunmetal canvas Rivets - but after seeing the new pants that will be coming in soon I may have to rethink my plans .... Those linens are outrageous (in the best possible way).

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mike: Open up Epaulet credit cards with 50% APR. You will make millions in a year from kids that want instant gratification!

New pantalones are muy caliente!

13. GBear

GBear Senior member

Oh man, Pale French Blue brushed cotton... :drool:

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Uh oh, French Blue canvas or brushed cotton... hmmmm

15. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

My 3 rivets arrived today and luckily they fit, albeit a bit tight.

I went with a 34, my normal rivet size, if Ep sold a 35 that would be perfect.

My advice for people looking to buy the new rivets is to size up 1 from your normal rivet size.