• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The LES is a tailoring mecca. Rene on Orchard or Stanton Street Tailor around the corner will be able to do this easily, inexpensively, and well. I personally use Stanton, but I think for involved jobs the Epaulet guys use Rene. They're both great.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the wait now begins. Just put my deposit in for the cigar LWBs. Just wish Alden could fill orders as quickly as Carmina.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
It sounds like it may have been a blessing in disguise that size 32 sold out right away in the new french blue rivets. It forced me to determine that I was a fat 32 in the old rivets (LOL!) and ordered a pair of french blues in 33 in an effort to decrease the tension on the sewn buttons. Hopefully it works out.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking the fix really wont be too hard. Anybody got a tailor rec in lower manhattan? I usually just take my pants across Orchard street for a 5 minute hem, but not sure I'd do the same for this operation.

I've personally had trousers adjusted there. Mike has as well. They'll do a good job (especially the short/bald dude) and in a timely manner.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would not wear the French Blue...if its a sales meeting these are a little too casual between the color, cut and fabric.

Agreed, I only included them because I have not worn them yet.

So it is either the Navy marls or a grey pant. Still need to decide on the sport coat.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It sounds like it may have been a blessing in disguise that size 32 sold out right away in the new french blue rivets. It forced me to determine that I was a fat 32 in the old rivets (LOL!) and ordered a pair of french blues in 33 in an effort to decrease the tension on the sewn buttons. Hopefully it works out.

I think I'm in the same boat, my next rivet order (or should I say Rivot...lol) will go up to a 33. The 32 in the old fit me fine, I just think for my body shape (big ass) and the new cut that makes the waist line narrower, I need to go up to a 33. I'm going to have my 32 caramel and french blue taken out in the waist.

Agreed, I only included them because I have not worn them yet.
So it is either the Navy marls or a grey pant. Still need to decide on the sport coat.

I totally hear that, in fact, I was debating wearing mine tomorrow as well because I haven't worn them yet. But we're having Inside Schools come in for a report on our school so I'll be dressed up more.

Mike, question for you:
In the past I've had some cotton chinos let out, but opening them up left a small, but noticeable line where they were opened. Do you think I have to worry about this with the duck cloth or should the open weave really make it unnoticeable?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've slowly realized that my new rivets are probably too tight. I got the 34s, but I still think the 36 would have been too big in the waist. I'm definitely interested in hearing about people's experiences getting the waist/seat let out. I mostly just need some room for my crotch to breathe.

I can post pics of my letting out the waist 1".
Would be done but I broke a ******* needle late last night!
(serious fabric related)

Last edited:

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly looking forward to seeing how the new chino's fit. Have my green ones being hemmed, french blue duck is on the way and will pick up the caramel when they are restocked.

Last edited:

prozach1576

Reaction score
Blew out a good inch of the crotch seam on my new rivets by spreading my legs apart too abruptly or something today. Easy repair but I'm bummed I did that on the second day. :(

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I definitely planned for the new chinos to be a hit. But I didn't expect them to sell as explosively as they did - especially the bolder colors. French Blue caught us totally off-guard. It's funny because I love that color and we've pretty much offered something in it every Spring since '08. But this is the first year that it's really happening. And it's pretty perfect in a duck canvas chino. There's something nice about a bold color like that being made up in a tough, masculine fabric.

I feel like I'm seeing a lot more french blue/IK blue in many collections this year. Maybe this is *the* year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads