Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Excellent, excellent look, man.

2. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

More Caramel Ducks! Got mine today, absolutely amazing everything. I've yet to be disappointed! The Thorogoods are taking a beating. Excellent boots.

[​IMG]

3. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Your belt is off...

Anyway, how do people find the rise on the Rudy? Appropriate for very casual? business casual? with a sport coat (high rise)?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  4. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I find that the Rudy fit is definitely within the appropriate range to wear with a sport coat. It is about ideal for business casual.

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I prefer a very high rise pant for sport coats so there's no shirt showing below the sport coat button. But I'm really looking for a business casual pant, because high rise pants look a little goofy without jackets.

6. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

Picked up the brown calf Fitzgerald's today. Phenomenal shoes, I'm going to be putting these in heavy rotation. Saw a sneak peak of some more Carmina goodness while I was in the Smith Street shop. Mike, you are killing my wallet here, but please don't stop.

Tried on the new "button" Rivet Chinos. I was a 29 before, with that being a bit tight in the thigh but the 30 being too loose in the waist. I'm definitely a 30 in the new cut, so PSA to all the 29/30 folks you may want to opt for the 30. The split waist band will make it easy to dial it in.

Also, how did I not know real horn shoe horns were so nice? I need one now.

7. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I need some advice for a work event tomorrow. We are having an all hands meeting with the world wide sales force. Not really a suit and tie occasion, but definitely a step of from jean/chinos and a casual shirt.

I'm thinking either the Navy Marl...

[​IMG]

Or the French Blue chino (yeah, I know I said no chinos, but I just got them)...

[​IMG]

Either with a white shirt. My dilemma is what sport coat to wear. I have the Navy Hopsack Caine from Epaulet...

[​IMG]

A grey/black Harris tweed from Epaulet (no pic) or a Margaret Howell brown Harris tweed...

[​IMG]

I am looking for feedback on which sport coat goes best with this look.

Plot twist, I could also switch out the blue pants for grey pants. My first choice there would be the Navy Hopsack.

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Yo Mike-
    When is the next delivery of trousers/shirts expected?

Can you give us a run-down of what will be in those deliveries?

Thx!

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I would not wear the French Blue...if its a sales meeting these are a little too casual between the color, cut and fabric.

10. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Scott, if it's a "step up from chinos" then why wear a more casual form of chinos (the rivets)?

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I couldn't find mention of this in the thread but I notice that there is an Epaulet brand and a Gitman brand pindot chambray and they look very similar - is it the same fabric? What's the differences between the two?

12. applky

applky Senior member

^ It is indeed the same fabric. The difference is mainly in the fits of the respective shirts. Also Gitman's button down collar is a bit smaller. Last, all Gitman Vintage shirts are washed and tumble dried once by the factory before shipping.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  13. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

I've slowly realized that my new rivets are probably too tight. I got the 34s, but I still think the 36 would have been too big in the waist. I'm definitely interested in hearing about people's experiences getting the waist/seat let out. I mostly just need some room for my crotch to breathe.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I think this is the case for me as well. I do like how slim the thighs are and now that they can be let out, I think I'll be doing that. Letting out the seat will ease the pressure on the crotch and thighs a touch as well

15. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

Yeah I'm thinking the fix really wont be too hard. Anybody got a tailor rec in lower manhattan? I usually just take my pants across Orchard street for a 5 minute hem, but not sure I'd do the same for this operation.