• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

captainfunk

Reaction score

ok got the rivet chinos and size 32 is a bit too tight for me, should have gone with 33 :censored:

theres 2 inches to let out— take em to a tailor.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the new rivets do feel an additional inch or so slimmer than the walts.
Slightly smaller in the waist, plus the fabric is pretty tough.
Which I like but it does have less give.
Luckily they are well made enough and Epaulet left a good amount of fabric to work with, so that it's cake to take them out.
Personally I'm like a true 35" so I'd rather let out a 34 than take in a 36 (which has never worked for me - always too baggy in the legs).

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All sizes in the caramel ducks are out of stock, I'm pretty sure. But no, it's because I need more room in the thighs, and the 36 chinos look like they fit like 34 Rudys (except 1.5 inches bigger in the waist), which is what I wear.
I'm thinking 1.5 inches shouldn't be a big deal to take in.

My likely totally worthless opinion is that the 36 should work then. This tailor was speaking hypothetically, but he certainly didn't say that you can't take in a 36, just that I ought to consider whether that is for me. He specifically cited more room in the seat and thighs as the outcome, so I bet this works for you.

Last edited:

b-ill

Reaction score

Yeah the new rivets do feel an additional inch or so slimmer than the walts.
Slightly smaller in the waist, plus the fabric is pretty tough.
Which I like but it does have less give.
Luckily they are well made enough and Epaulet left a good amount of fabric to work with, so that it's cake to take them out.
Personally I'm like a true 35" so I'd rather let out a 34 than take in a 36 (which has never worked for me - always too baggy in the legs).

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I took my Gunmetal chinos to get an inch taken out as they feel a little bit more snug compared to the old style. Other than the waist, they fit perfect.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone was looking for 33 french blue rivets and doesn't feel like waiting for the restock, message me :(

that was fast...

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Didn't even think to post mine on here... I have a size 31 in the caramel duck canvas that is ready to go back to Epaulet tomorrow morning. If anybody is interested let me know and we can arrange something.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Other than the waist, they fit perfect.

This is key.
I do minor alterations myself.
Taking the waist in takes about 10 minutes and is a super easy alteration when construction is high-quality.

In other news, are gunmetals all sold out in 34 already??

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My blue ducks shipped today. Still haven't had time to get my green ones altered...

Morgan

Reaction score
The epaulet site says the racing green canvas Walts are machine washable, but the tag inside the waistband says "dry clean only." I was just about to wash them to get any shrinkage out of the way before taking them to the tailor, but now I'm confused - can I machine wash or not?

oisin

Reaction score

The epaulet site says the racing green canvas Walts are machine washable, but the tag inside the waistband says "dry clean only." I was just about to wash them to get any shrinkage out of the way before taking them to the tailor, but now I'm confused - can I machine wash or not?

pretty sure the answer is yes, all cotton trousers of epaulet's are machine washable, and they just put the tag in because... well because. I know i machine wash my poplin trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads