Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Thanks for the sizing info. That will help me get my size right when I get my pre-order of my size 5Uk in the double monk.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sorry to hear that - drop me a PM with details and we'll see what we can do for you

The shape is vastly different, but most guys will get an equivalent fit by going down a half size from their Barrie last size (ex buy a 10UK if you take a 10.5D in Barrie).

The Inca last has a unique, and a very smart fit. Despite having a really chiseled toe, it offers a really comfortable shape that's not narrow at all.

Yes, but it's probably going to be late August before we bring in more Chestnut. We'll bring in a bunch of them then.

Actually, I'm going to finalize the order this week. Delivery will be mid-May to early June. Drop me a PM if you want to special order a size.

It's possible that we'll get a restock in the Fall, but I'm honestly not sure. Hopefully!

Since a lot of us (me included) were raw denim enthusiasts, I always hesitate to use the word "stretch" with the chinos. Like any cotton trouser, you can expect them to break in a little bit with wear. But the expansion is typically not enough that guys should size down and buy them uncomfortably tight like they sometimes do with raw jeans. And like with jeans, you'll find that they'll tighten up a bit after a cold wash and hang dry.

Ah I'm sorry man. PM me your order details and we'll get you sorted ASAP with the correct pair of chinos. We'll take care of your return shipping expenses too, as it was our screw-up.

And not to make excuses, but this past week was gonzo for us. With chinos, carminas, shirts, etc we took a higher volume of orders in 5 days than ever before. Because so many chino purchases came from first-time customers, we received a lot of order modifications after the order was placed. Changes of size, changes of color, change to a different fabric, etc. They came in via email, phone, and PM, so it got really hectic to keep everything organized and fill everyone's order in a timely fashion. So my apologies if this kind of mixup or an unexpected stock-out happened to any SF members out there - it's not typical of us at all. This chino delivery was hotly anticipated, so it got a little crazy.

3. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

Hey Mike, sent you a PM a few days back. No rush, but let me know what you find out.

4. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Hey Mike, just out of curiosity, did the demand for the new Rivet Chinos exceed your expectations or did you expect such a quick sell-out? Specifically, did you expect the French Blue and Caramel to sell out as fast as they did?

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

If anyone wants a pair of British Khaki Rivets in size 34 that are like new (only worn once for about 4 hours), let me know. I haven't really worn these at all and with the Caramel Ducks on the way, these might end up just sitting in my closet, so I'll let them go for well below retail to a happy home. Also, I need money to get in on the Cigar LWB pre-order :happy:

these British Khaki Rivets are sold, thanks!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  6. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i think it's great that epaulet is gaining in popularity and attracting new customers. personally, i've had several epaulet orders this year already and matt and mike have both been very helpful and responsive. this includes special orders, pre-orders, combining orders, etc. i can only imagine the volume of emails and PMs they receive on a daily basis.

i'm really looking forward to getting my canvas ducks next week. they look great from all the pics posted so far.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Like Mike said, they've loosened up a touch on my. Even after the cold wash hang dry shrink, they'll ease up a bit on it after an hour or so (at least my khaki canvas did). I assume the ducks, being a looser weave (right?) canvas will be the same.

I was in Rivets all week at work, yesterday was the heavy weight Japanese cotton (no pics) and today Navy canvas rivets and Natty Chromex belt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A note on the ruggedness of these that makes me love em so much. This year my class sizes went up from 29-39 per class (we basically lost one teaching position on our grade) my room is TIGHT as hell. That chair you see to my left in the pic is an old school chair from my pops old office they were tossing, so I grabbed it for my classroom. Kids climb all over it and the metal piece is peeling off the back and a small nail is sticking out as well. Caught the rivets on it three times today, just some minor damage. If it were a pair of more dainty pants (walts, rudys or my bespoke stuff) it would have torn a gaping, irreparable hole on the pocket seem. The rivets took a lickin and kept on kickin...

8. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Do you guys think if I ordered a 36 in the duck canvas chinos, 2 inches wouldn't be too much to get them hemmed in the waist?

9. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Rob,
    That color looks awesome. I just got a Pm that an extra box of chinos showed up and had a size 32 for me if I wanted them, but I had to pass until the next shipment. I should have just bit the bullet and got them, but I need to put m deposit down for the cigar LWB and I just put a deposit on a #8 LWB from Leffot.

10. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Should I pull the trigger on the Armor Lux X Beams shirt? I want so bad.

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Yes. Armor Lux shirts are great, judging by the one I had and passed along because I foolishly bought a medium instead of a large. Solid,heavy, soft fabric that washes and wears wonderfully. And this is a really sharp version. So there, you go. Order away. I think you are going to love it.

Without looking at the Web site, is this because 34s are out of stock?

I just had this conversation with my tailor today. Took my two canvas Walts in to be let out a bit in the waist (seems I'm between 34 and 36) and he said that if you size the waist down from a 36 then you'll have more room in the thighs. Which means it all then depends on whether you need that room or like how that room fits. Personally I like how the thigh and the rest of the leg fits in 34, so its a matter of letting them out.

12. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

All sizes in the caramel ducks are out of stock, I'm pretty sure. But no, it's because I need more room in the thighs, and the 36 chinos look like they fit like 34 Rudys (except 1.5 inches bigger in the waist), which is what I wear.

I'm thinking 1.5 inches shouldn't be a big deal to take in.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  13. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Just got the unfortunate news from my tailor that I have to size up 2 in the waist for the duck canvas, size 31 caramel is being returned today, be on the lookout for it.

14. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

Grabbed french blues and armor lux shirt in manhattan shop today. Great pieces separately, but together they will be unbeatable (especially with snuff chukkas).

15. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

ok got the rivet chinos and size 32 is a bit too tight for me, should have gone with 33 [​IMG]