Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Little cross-post from the Epaulet x Alden thread...

Hey guys!

Thanks for your patience! After long last our preorders are fully up.

First up, we've got a few days left on the Shortwing Blucher in Cigar:

[​IMG]
    Alden Cigar Shortwing Blucher DEPOSIT

Now we've got a Longwing in Cigar as well:

[​IMG]
    Alden Cigar Longwing Blucher: $325

And, a huge thanks to CHRK33, mr chorizo, and JPFNY5 for cooking up this one...

[​IMG]
    Mixed Media Shortwing Boot

As the mixed media boot isn't done in a special shell color, we should be able to get that pretty quickly. I have to keep us covered with the official 9-18 month lead time dictated by Alden, but around 9-10 months is pretty reasonable for this. They usually have these leathers in stock. I don't think that we'll get it before the end of this year, but it should arrive early next.

And thanks to everyone for floating the Ravello Tanker idea. But I'm going to hold off on taking preorders for that style. At the moment, Ravello is really scarce, and I'm already waiting on four styles in it (one of which the "Obscura" that we just submitted). I think that I'm at my limit as an account on how much Ravello that I can request. It pops up pretty regularly in Cigar, but if you guys want to give it a go in Whiskey then I could probably order that.

2. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Received the desert canvas rivets today and they fit and look great. Glad I sized up from my last time trying rivet chinos. They were super stiff but are already softening up as I wear them around the house.

Mike - How much will they shrink if I wash and dry them?

3. Samir

Samir Senior member

So awesome.

Staple Rivets shipped out today, can't wait to experience the Epaulet chino goodness!

4. GBear

GBear Senior member

X-Post, prewash. I have a feeling this might shrink too much after a wash. Will it loosen up a bit in the top block?

5. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Too tight in the thighs. I'd size up 1.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  6. GBear

GBear Senior member

Gah, I was recommended a 31 by the Epaulet guys. Anyone want to trade? :D

7. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Meh, that's how about how tight my pants in general are.

8. trig

trig Senior member

they look fine to me. but if you're uncomfortable when you sit down. then size up 1. just return them for a full refund and PM matt for a 30 in the restock

9. dra

dra Senior member

Just wanted to say - I've ordered a bunch of walts, rivets, shirts, and some other random gear from Epaulet (sweet jesus I just realized how much $$$ I have into all of it - well spent though!). Quality has always been top-notch, and the customer service is great. Just want to make sure I'm on the record as saying that - wasn't trying to question the quality or whether Mike stands behind his product.

I'll take the gunchecks by my tailor and get it sorted, good to know it won't be a big deal.

10. dra

dra Senior member

They look fine to me. Plus, if you just pulled them on - they are cotton so they will give a little bit. Whenever you wash, just wash them on cold and hang dry.

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

My canvas rivets have shrunk but then stretched right back out after a few minutes of wear. i cold washed and hung to dry.

They don't look tight, and I think if you size up then the waist will be too large. You know these can be altered, you have good two inches in the seat if you're that uncomfortable.

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  13. GBear

GBear Senior member

Well, honestly, I really like how slim through the legs these are. And just based on the material, I know they will stretch out a bit. I was curious about the top block and what can be done at the tailors. But two inches? Wow! I guess I'll just take them in. You're right, if I do size up, the waist will be a bit big. I have other chinos with the same waist measurement as the 32s, and I've got some space.

14. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

New poster here - both to this thread and SF .... Came across Epaulet last December after searching for some decent tweed trousers for the winter. Decided on the Donegal wheat walts - then missed out on my size as I hesitated while working out delivery options (I am based in China). The Trouser Muse was on my side though, and I managed to pick up a pair about a week later when one in my size reappeared on the website (not sure if it was a return or a restock - I didn't hang around to check the other sizes/fabrics, I just set Mr. Plastic in action!).

I wasn't disappointed when they arrived - they are without question the best pair I own. Though perhaps not for longer.... I am thinking now that I >>need<< a pair of those gunmetal canvas rivets, except the size 32 is sold out. Are they also going to be re-stocked with the new shipment of canvas rivets in 3-4 weeks?

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I guess I'm going to have to get used to this his hang to dry stuff. I've always put everything n the dryer. Shrinkage be damned. By do currently have my two new Epaulet shirts and horizontal cords air drying post cold wash. I imagine the cords are best dry cleaned, but a man has his limits. And just finished watering and brushing my Salingers. Or does one curry horse? My impromptu photos suggested to me that a little attention was in order.