Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. nadav

nadav Senior member

I wore mine something like 6-8 times. I had someone look at mine and to make it look like right would require reweaving and would probably cost more than a new pair.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yup, that's really easy to do on all of the new chinos!

Thank you sir, glad that you're so pleased with them! Thanks of posting up the pics too.

Thanks, I know that Adele really enjoyed meeting you. Enjoy the chinos!

Yup, I'd recommend a 31 in those. The waistband's going to be physically smaller than the Wings & Horns, but chances are that the 31's going to fit. If you're in the states, you might consider getting a 31 and 32 and sending one back for a refund - that way you can compare the two of them.

Drop Matt a PM at leftofthedial for tracking info if you didn't receive it automatically by email.

Outside of the other suggestions, a good dry cleaner can often get a grease stain out, or at least minimize it.

Ah apologies there! The overwhelming amount of guys have found the fit the be consistent, but everyone's body is a bit different. Swing by the store when we get the next delivery and you can try on a 36 in person and see if it works.

2.75"

We get this question a lot. As a rule, we typically send higher value boxes (over $250) via UPS. Both services have their pros and cons.

USPS is faster to areas outside of the East Coast - dramatically so to Northern Cal and the Pacific NW. They deliver to PO boxes. They're great for International shipments, and the only carrier that we use for those. We ship most of our packages with USPS.

UPS is faster to areas near NYC. It has real tracking numbers which are updated step-by-step. They tend to handle larger boxes more efficiently. UPS is often better for deliveries to urban areas and deliveries to business addresses.

But the main reason that we use USPS vs UPS is in the case of something going wrong. Generally, both services are really reliable. Out of thousands of orders, the ones that are actually lost can be counted on one hand. But we have a UPS account, so if a box goes missing, then we can proactively track it down and - if needed - claim the insurance in a short amount of time. There's a dedicated person who works with our account.

With USPS is a box is lost, it's a tough situation. Tracking is often incomplete, and getting someone to just respond to the issue can take 48 hours or more. If something truly goes missing - which is exceedingly rare, but can happen - you're talking weeks to actual months before the insurance is paid. As such, we insist that high value boxes are sent with UPS. As much as it stinks to wait an extra 2 days for a box, it really stinks to have your $800 shipment be lost in a limbo of USPS non-responsiveness, trust me.

Hey guys,

I need to weigh in on these trouser issues. First off, we sell literally thousands of Walt trousers in a year. The problems are really minimal, but of course they can happen. These aren't Levis - they're dress trousers done in very fine and expensive fabrics. It's entirely possible to catch the fabric on something and tear it - without even realizing it when it happens. This isn't a quality or a manufacturing issue, it's just comes with the territory of with tailored trousers versus denim or chinos. Just like you need to take more care with shell cordovan dress shoes than you do with workboots.

I stand behind our trousers 100% I absolutely cannot name a better trouser for the price anywhere, and we work like hell to source incredible fabrics and offer them at fair prices. Still, they're largely made by hand, and by a team of individual operators. These people are human and mistakes can happen. But manufacturing defects usually result in seam failures, as that's where the garment is constructed. While it's possible for an Italian mill like Barberis to weave a bolt of wool that has an odd weakness in the middle of the roll and results in a premature hole in your trousers that's off-seam, that's going to be an incredibly rare occurrence.

I don't want the regular readers of our thread to think that "a lot of peeps are having issues recently:" and that I'm somehow not addressing them. This isn't to say that you guys don't have legitimate issues with your trousers, but this is to say that our trousers are the same phenomenal quality as always. Of course they're not perfect, but nothing is. I work hell to keep the quality of everything with our name as high as possible, and that has not changed. And we'll always work with every customer to find a resolution. Matt and myself are on this thread several times a day, so if anyone out there has an issue with anything that we make, please send it to us directly and we'll do whatever we can to resolve it for you.

To answer the specific issues posted here:

dra: looks like you may have caught the back on something. I'd run that by a tailor, they should be able to tack down that fraying easily with some thread and give you a subtle repair that won't be too noticeable.

nadav: that's a pretty big gash, it must have gotten ripped somewhere. I don't think that can be repaired but PM me and we'll give you a substantial discount for a replacement pair

nbernie: PM Matt at leftofthedial. We should be able to get those patched at the trouser workshop for you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  3. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Can't speak to these, but my tailor handled was able to repair a similar rip on a pair of my pants that you can barely see, even up close. I'd take it to a repair shop and see if they can do the same. It might be a little more difficult with a pattern, I imagine.

4. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Like you said before, you married the right woman.

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

customer service at EP has always been top notch

i personally have never had any issues with my 2 pairs of walts and 3 pairs of rivets ... was just surprised to see those pics posted recently

6. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Yeah always very happy with customer service. 10 pairs of walts and more coming soon.

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Same here - 5 Rudys, 3 Rivets and counting, with zero construction issues. Service and quality of garments have never been anything less than top notch.

But I have a dilemma now....with the Ravello Brixton pre-order from last year, should I:

Get a refund (highly doubtful I will do this)
    Get the Cigar Brixton instead when that arrives
    Wait it out for the Ravello to arrive (could be another 4-6 months)

I've waited this long, so I think I might just keep waiting. I've been lusting after a Ravello boot for a while now, and at this point it will be next to impossible to find one for the price I originally paid for this pre-order. So if I wanted a different boot in the future, it will surely cost more than this one did. So I'm pretty sure I'm just going to keep waiting....would anyone else do anything differently? I'm sure the Cigar will look great, but I think I might order the Cigar LWB once that pre-order becomes available.

8. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Mike, any plans for a beef roll penny loafer with a camp sole?

9. nadav

nadav Senior member

Thanks for your response, Mike. I didn't mean to insinuate that anything is wrong with the quality of the trousers. I love everything I've gotten from Epaulet and I was just disappointed to see a tear in my favorite dress pants.

10. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

same here mike, was wondering if its easy to repair it and thought it might be an anomaly since I have only worn it for 2 times without having sent it to the laundry before.

i love love love the trousers and chinos that Epaulet produce and would continue to support you guys!

11. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I hate to hijack the thread with some personal BS but I know there is a revolving door of Brooklyn locals that frequently post on this thread, including Rob and Mike... I'm going to NY in May for about a week and just found out I could get a pretty sweet deal at some trendy new-ish hotel in Brooklyn called the Hotel Williamsburg. Have any of you guys been there? Is the area cool? Is it accessible to all of the good stuff BK has to offer? Is it a smooth transition back and forth to Manhattan? Any and all help from you Brooklynites or anybody else that can chime in would be greatly appreciated... Can't wait to get out there!

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/f/10/social-life-food-drink-travel

Less of this and more pics of Carminas, please!!!

13. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

14. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

15. applky

applky Senior member

Williamsburg is very young. I would never want to live there but it's a nice place to visit. It is the epicenter of hipster stereotypes, and there is some truly excellent food thereabouts.