• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Holy ****, so my 31 Caramel's can actually be taken out a little on the waist? If this is the case I'm going to purchase every single color of duck canvas imaginable, I'm in between a 31 and a 32 in rivet's.

ReedCA

Reaction score
Received my brown calf Salingers today. They are gorgeous! Mike's pictures are great but they're even better in person. Used the Alden based sizing recommendation and the fit turned out perfect.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received my brown calf Salingers today.  They are gorgeous! Mike's pictures are great but they're even better in person. Used the Alden based sizing recommendation and the fit turned out perfect.  

Pictures please!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NYR - those carmel rivets are phenomonal. Patiently awaiting mine.

p.s. tomorrow, leap day. gotta be the day the ravello brixton shows up.

dra

Reaction score
The back pocket of my gunchecks is coming undone - do y'all think this is something a tailor can fix? Kinda surprised given I don't wear a wallet with these.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The back pocket of my gunchecks is coming undone - do y'all think this is something a tailor can fix? Kinda surprised given I don't wear a wallet with these.

Same thing happened with a pair of tropical wool trousers that I simply wore too often.* I think Mike said if you get a small swatch of the same fabric, that worn spot can be repaired in the right hands. I'll let him chime in on that.

* Coincidentally, I've outgrown those trousers and will be listing them soon (33 waist) at a stupidly low price. Too bad, because those things are beautiful and I don't think Mike is still offering this particular pant.

edit: Sold!

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had that wear spot on two pairs of Epaulet cords and just did a few narrow zigzag stitches across the area that's splitting. Not super-pretty if you're up close, but it will hold fast. And I don't THINK I have too many eyes on ******...

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a pair of sz 30 Gunmetal canvas chinos for sale! They didn't fit me! I'd love to trade for a size 31 too... or if anyone's selling 31 let me know.

Sorry for shameless plug
foo.gif

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have a pair of Gunmetal canvas chinos for sale! They didn't fit me! I'd love to trade for a size 31 too... or if anyone's selling 31 let me know.

Sorry for shameless plug :foo:

can't just exchange with epaulet?

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of surprised to see these rips happening more than once on this quality of pant. Seems odd, no?

nbernie

Reaction score
Also have this little tear in mine having not put anything in there, ever. Mine are from the Mid Winter 2010 run.

Last edited:

nadav

Reaction score
Speaking of tears (in every sense of the word), I put on my super 120's wool walts on a few days ago and noticed this:

Don't know if it got pulled on something or what...

In other news, I recently received the blue point collar oxford. Nice shirt as always, even though I ordered the button down version.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kind of surprised to see these rips happening more than once on this quality of pant. Seems odd, no?

I can't speak for anyone else, but it's a bit odd because other than that one flaw, you'd never know my pair had been worn despite me wearing them two or three times a week for five months, which is remarkable to me. I mentioned here a couple months ago that I bought a pair of trousers from the mall for a wedding and the inner thighs were pilling before the end of the night.

kilgore

Reaction score
hey mike, sent you a PM about ordering a Weller suit. thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads