1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Senior member

NOOOOOOOOO etc.

This is the crucial part.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Speaking of small details... so the Rivet Chinos aren't part of EP's anymore? Is EP's still a thing, Mike?

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

Damn those blue ducks went fast. Fastest time for a full size run to sell out?

4. 1969

1969 Senior member

ordered the grey chinos. My khaki and navy are still as good as the day I bought them a couple of years ago.

Mike- sweaters are really good. Here's a request for a yellow marl cardigan for next year. Not sure I can describe the tone of yellow I have in mind but it looks good when I close my eyes.

5. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

A huge thanks to NYR for taking the time and effort to post the detailed comparison. Really helpful.

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

NYR thanks for posting that. It just makes me regret missing out on the French Blues even more! Gahhhh the next 4 months are going to be HELL!

P.S. If anyone decides to flip a pair of 32s, let me know! :slayer:

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Around four weeks, my man! [​IMG]

Guys, if you missed the French Blue, feel free to PM me! I know it's been said already, but just to remind you. We got a lot of stuff boxed up and ready to go out first thing Tuesday morning.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Ha! Somehow my subconcious fears and pains were expressed in my typing and I switched the "weeks" with "months"!

9. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

I'm scared to death to order a pair of Rudys. My wallet just can't take any more abuse.

10. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Mike or NYR:

Is the caramel duck more of a brown or orange tone in person?

Thanks!

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Whoa. This is amazing! Seriously, thank you so much for taking the time to post all of these details! Here's a few notes from our side:

I'm really glad to hear that you're so pleased with the new chinos, and I think that you're spot on with every point. Our new manufacturer is a trouser shop - not a denim shop - so I feel that all of the fit and trimmings have been upgraded. The pockets are better, the trim is better, and the fit at the waistband is trimmer and more correct. The original rivet already had a great fit, but I worked with a very experienced patternmaker to see how we could improve it further. Lower rise trousers like this can tend to gap a bit in the rear on certain guys. The pitched waistband serves to tighten that up. It's been fantastic to see the new chino on customers at the shop.

As NYR said, the duck canvas is a different beast than the 8oz canvas. It's tougher and it's thicker. It starts out pretty firm and starchy. Darker colors tend to be a bit softer though. If you got the French blue, it's a bit coarser than our normal canvas. If you got the desert, you'll notice that it's REALLY stiff - almost as much as raw denim. This will soften up quickly with a few washes. I wanted to offer this fabric as a great denim substitute. It has a little bit of a break in period, but it will reward you down the road with a ton of wear and a lot of character.

Thank you sir! We'll get that dispatched to you pronto.

Navy, Gunmetal, and Khaki are already in-work for a new delivery in 3 weeks, so we'll catch you with the next batch. In addition, we're also getting:
    - Plum Duck Canvas
    - Natural Duck Canvas
    - Black 8oz Canvas (the oft-requested black rivet chino finally emerges!)

And yes, we're planning to restock Clay around early May. I'm going to work to keep Navy, Gunmetal, and Khaki in stock as much as possible, and then offer a constantly rotating assortment of different colors and fabrics. Believe me, I've got a ton of Rivet Chino surprises up my sleeve :). We'll bring back the shorts too.

The only Rudy that's going to be stocked this season is the Super 120's Navy dress pant. Anything else would be special order. We can do that for you, but it's probably about 4-6 weeks out. Not sure if that's going to be too late in the season for a flannel pant. We'll do another round of Rudy orders around the middle-end of March - right after the next delivery of Walt's arrive.

Well, yes, I have officially retired "EP's by Epaulet"

Originally, I thought it would be cool to run a casual diffusion line with an alternate name, but we're a pretty small brand, and I think that a lot of people found it just confusing. So our main collection is now simply "Epaulet New York." I do like those old tags though!

Yup, I think that was a record. French blue is blowin' up this season!

Ah, yellow sounds pretty tight. I'll have to look into that.

It's definitely more brown than orange. It's pretty close that common Carhartt color.

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

And yoooooo.... let's give it up for over 10,000 posts in this thread!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  13. kilgore

kilgore Well-Known Member

hey mike, any chance of restocks on the Wellers anytime soon? I'm looking for a 40R and ideally before my friend's wedding in late April!

14. trig

trig Senior member

oooh Plum sounds like an insta-cop. Waiting on that khaki canvas rivet restock Mike!

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Too true. Too true.