• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
epaulet is taking all my money :( + :)

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Page 666. Clothier of the beast?

Ordered olive cargo and desert duck yesterday, will probably order the gunmetals sometime later this week and definitely the french blue on the restock. Those went quick.

Last edited:

Cahrin

Reaction score

Bought the caramel in haste, but realized that I have no idea what shoes to wear with them. Suggestions?

That colour is incredibly versatile - goes with pretty much anything and it's really easy to contrast with, making them stand out even more (which is a good thing because the colour is gorgeous).

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought the caramel in haste, but realized that I have no idea what shoes to wear with them. Suggestions?

If it is anything close to the color of the WvG duck canvas, I wear my Epaulet 2 stroke Indy boots, my cordovan longwing Hanovers, my #8 cordovan chukkas, my snuff suedes, my bitter chocolate suede chukkas... the list goes on.

Now that I think of it, the shoes that I haven't worn with this color of pants is the shorter list.

Last edited:

nbernie

Reaction score
Are new colors coming in with every chino restock (every 3-4 weeks?)

PS: I nominate Cahrin for best avatar on the forum.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patent leather sandals.

Men-Sandals-021.jpg

Would you like a calf length white sports socks with them sir?

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if SF members still get a full refund on returns or have I misread that somewhere?

Pretty sure I can get away with a 9.5 in the saddle Salinger's since the 10 is sold out and the Carmina thread suggests the Inca last is the widest and I have a narrow foot but don't really want to place an order that will ship internationally without this safety net. Likewise, pretty sure I'll be a 36 in the caramel duck canvas rivets but without trying things on you can never be sure.

Thanks

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carmel Ducks vs Gunmetal Canvas (New vs Old) in case anyone is as big of a loser like me and want to know what the exact differences are:
9159ee4b.jpg

25dc3b8f.jpg

aee66572.jpg

b9e85646.jpg

dd621faf.jpg

f7522e5c.jpg

634ebf6f.jpg

8a2b17b5.jpg

5cf17b2e.jpg

36131b5a.jpg
Some of the differences that I noticed:
1. The duck cloth is VERY stiff at first, but after a few minutes begins to soften up a bit. I really noticed a difference between the two in softness when I put on the Gunmetal Canvas after the Duck Canvas. Gunmetals felt uber soft, and they're not, shows how rugged the duck canvas is. Not really a commentary on the new "fit" but figured I'd throw this in seeing it was the first of the new producers pant that I had the chance to wear.
2. Obviously, as Mike pointed out, the buttons:
4829f1e2.jpg

No opinion one way or the other on the buttons. Rivet buttons are cool, but the new ones are nice as well, just different.
3. Cut is slightly changed, but the fit isn't...almost:
bb7dcc03.jpg

Because of the front "scoop", the pant measures smaller, but fits the same, which to me means a sleeker trouser.
4. Room to maneuver, or ALTER. This is HUGE. Old rivets can't be tweaked. Now, ou can let out the seat to give you some more room in the thighs (if you're a Rudy customer, prepare yourself to become a rivet customer as well).
6a9a4113.jpg

5. The devil's in the details. I really like the fabric chosen for use as the pockets compared to the old rivet. Looks like shirting fabric where it seemed to be burlap-ish in the old version. Not some dainty stuff, still feels solid, but the new chino's pockets are a bit more refined.
6c429bfd.jpg

The back pockets seem reinforced as well, where as in the older version, this wasn't the case.
6. Front pockets slightly different. More of a curve on the new pant than the old one. There's also two rows of stitching compared to the one on the old rivet.
32c15f68.jpg

7. Belt loops slimmer. Keeping on with the slimmer aesthetic, the belt loops used by the new producer is slightly narrower and longer than the old producer. This to me makes the pant a bit more trouser, and less jean. Easier to dress up. Stitching seems a bit off on the new ducks, but nothing anyone would notice at all (in fact I didn't notice it until I saw a larger pic).
86a689c6.jpg

8.Waistband seems a bit cleaner on this one, which goes along with the pockets, which seem a touch more elegant.
21f79269.jpg

b45cbc6d.jpg

9. Back pocket more sleek, again, keeping with a more elegant, sleek theme.
dd51c8a2.jpg

10. Same cool herringbone "selvedge".
1ceb04fd.jpg

OK,so thats my take. I'm no fashionista, I don't know **** about what really makes construction better, or worse. I'm not a hand stitch whore. I know what I like. I like slim, especially if it makes me look slim, because while I'm in decent shape, I'm not "skinny". These pants are perfect for what I do, and why I've stopped having pants made by my bespoke guy. They're a great pant, great quality, sturdy, and Made in America (and a local/Brooklyn shop to boot) at a fair price. And now they're just a touch better in my mind for what I'm looking for. So thanks Mike, hope you don't mind the little write up on here, but I figured a lot of guys reading might be curious as to how these new pants are different.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I can't wait to get the Carminas and chinos! Thanks, Mike.

Thank you sir! Great speaking with you this weekend.

epaulet is taking all my money :( + :)

:slayer:

edit:

It's a great match for brown, black, burgundy, navy, white, and grey footwear. Love it with things like brown chromexcel and color #8 shell.

Hi,
I was just wondering if SF members still get a full refund on returns or have I misread that somewhere?
Pretty sure I can get away with a 9.5 in the saddle Salinger's since the 10 is sold out and the Carmina thread suggests the Inca last is the widest and I have a narrow foot but don't really want to place an order that will ship internationally without this safety net. Likewise, pretty sure I'll be a 36 in the caramel duck canvas rivets but without trying things on you can never be sure.
Thanks

Yup, SF members have a 14-day refund policy (14 days after you receive the product, not after you order it). You can return the merchandise for a full refund, less shipping charges. I have that written in my signature, but it's not visible if you have signatures turned off in your forum preferences.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Yup, SF members have a 14-day refund policy (14 days after you receive the product, not after you order it). You can return the merchandise for a full refund, less shipping charges. I have that written in my signature, but it's not visible if you have signatures turned off in your forum preferences.

Thanks for the quick response. Just placed an order and added a gingham shirt too. Fingers crossed everything fits good.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like i was too late for this batch of the navy pants, the size 32 is gone. I will have to get in on the next batch. Mike any chance of getting the new style in a lighter khaki or the clay color you had in the older style?

mothball

Reaction score
NYR--thanks for such a detailed post. I have a pair of the caramel ducks on the way, and it's nice to know the details that I would have missed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads