Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Just ordered my first Epaulet shirt...don't know why you guys are sleeping on the Fair Isle shirt in the sale section, one of the things I asked to see, great fabric. Also ordered the Natty Chrmxl belt to go along with my AldenxSE boots coming in the mail. Mike, can I grab these items in store today or tomorrow? I can get to Orchard St today I think, or Smith tomorrow.

2. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Hey guys. Anyone own a rivet chino and a unis gio chino who can give me a waist size comparison?

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

This is an awful time to be out of work...I really need to stop reading this thread or else I'll be broke by Spring.

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Mind blown?

5. kilgore

kilgore Well-Known Member

the waist on a gio definitely feels at least a half size larger than the rivets but i think thats because the rivets have a lower rise than the gio? i have a pair of gios in 34 but i could probably make a 33 work too. however I've tried a 33 in rivets before and it was definitely too tight and had to return it. so i know I'm at least a size 34 for the rivets...hope that helps!

6. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Must. Have. Both. Items. Can't. Resist.

You will be assimilated.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

7. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I was just about to pull the trigger on a pair of G&G Hoves when this pops up...

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Was going to say :wow:

9. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Gios run slightly larger, both are pretty TTS.

10. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Wearing the Blue Point Collar Oxford today and lovin' it so much that I just order the White version. :slayer:

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Actually I knew to expect great quality because Mike uses the same shirt maker as Frank. But the fit is great, and I love some of these louder more casual fabrics, so...more money to Mike it seems.

[​IMG]

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

CHINO NEWS!

Got some big-ass news for the big-ass restock!

Our first delivery of chinos actually just arrived! I've got all five colors, and we received every size except 33 and a few units of the 34's. Those are coming on Tuesday. The breakdown is:

Navy Canvas (as before)
    Gunmetal Canvas (as before)
    French Blue Duck Canvas (as shown in the picture from yesterday)
    Caramel Duck Canvas (this is freaking amazing. Wait until you see it)
    Desert Duck Canvas (a British Khaki-ish tone. Kind of a medium tan with a bit of olive).

The new Duck Canvas models will be $150. Navy and Gunmetal stay at the same $135 price.

You'll notice four new things on this model:
    1. Stitched resin buttons rather than metal pressed denim buttons
    2. Full seam allowance (about 1.75") for easy alterations to the waist and seat
    3. Extra 0.5" in the inseam
    4. A curved waistband. I looked at the original Rivet Chino with my patternmaker, and we put a slight curve into the construction. This fits the body better and can eliminate gaps in the lower back which would otherwise be there. The overall size of the waistband is actually a half inch smaller on the new chino, but the resulting fit is basically identical, as the curve fits your body better.

I'm so freaking thrilled with these! I'm going to shoot all of them at our Manhattan store tomorrow, and I'll work to get them all online by 6PM. We won't have fit pics for the new Duck Canvas models tomorrow (Dylan needs a 33 and that's the one size that we won't have until Tuesday-Wed), but I'll shoot some pics of each one outdoors so that you can see the true color.

Carmina Snuff Suede Double Monks
    Carmina Snuff Suede Austerity Brogues (these were a special order and 20 SF members bought them)
    Alden Snuff Suede Plain Toe Blucher on the flex-welt sole

And we always keep that Alden Snuff Unlined Chukka in stock.

Awesome! I'm actually looking to get a small restock of both styles around the end of May. Shoot a PM to leftofthedial if you want to do a special order. It's the same price, but it's final sale and we ask for a 50% deposit to place the order.

I'd say that a 34R through 38 regular would be fine for somebody 5'8", provided you don't have an unusually short torso. The best guide is to measure the length of a sportcoat that you have now, as some guys order a short body because they like the cropped look. With a special order, it's possible to get the body short while keeping the sleeves regular.

The Navy Caine is a navy hopsack wool with a small texture to it. The Navy walts are a smooth Super 120's cloth. It's possible to order either a Caine or a Weller jacket in the matching Super 120's Navy.

And a lot of guys have asked me for hopsack trousers. It's a pricey cloth, so we can do it, but they'd end up being around $275. But we can absolutely produce a two-piece hopsack suit.

Yup, a 36 Rivet Chino should be right on. No worries on the thighs, they'll look great. The difference between the Rivet Chino and the Walt legs is pretty minor, and we've had guys with very thin legs wear and love the Rivet Chinos. They won't be tight on a customer with very thin legs, but they'll still look slim and well proportioned.

Thank you sir!

Haha, that's awesome. That shirt does have a bit of a 70's vibe.

They'll be $150. We should be able to have them online by tomorrow evening.

Oh no, the first shirt of many!

Wait until you see our loud-ass Spring '12 Gingham mashup. It's going to be in-your-face.

13. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i added this to my calendar tomorrow with a reminder. i cannot miss out on my size and might have to order from my phone. lol

a gingham mashup sounds sweet, looking forward to it. :)

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

too much good stuff; I am on overload just reading that list...

well now there is an interesting thought. sounds almost silly at first, but frankly it may not be a bad idea. how well do you think the hopsack would hold a crease?

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

It should hold a crease just fine. And hopsack will have the additional benefit of making up a pretty tough and dry-cleaning-resistant trouser.

The hopsack suits that I've seen are mostly from the 70's, as getting a textured suit was the thing those days. But done in the Caine/Walt combo, slim and modern, I think that it would look very cool.