• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nadav

Reaction score
Hmm feeling sportcoat temptations. Would they work for someone who's 5'8 or would I need to order a short version? Does the Navy Caine match the Navy Walts?

laughter95

Reaction score

Got some more photos to show!
As NYR mentioned, we received our final approval samples today of the new Rivet Chinos. The final samples were made up in "Indigo Duck Canvas," which is more of a true French Blue. They came out absolutely ace and all is approved. The full delivery will be here by next Tue-Wed and put online with a freaking quickness. We should have everything available for purchase by next Thursday evening.
In the meantime, here's two preview shots. The color is murderously good. I'm in danger of OD'ing on french blue and snuff suede buying this season, but I can't help it - these two things go so well together. You can see the Duck Canvas texture in the second pic. It's a little heavier, a little more coarse, and a little of a bigger weave than the standard canvas that we use. These guys will break in gorgeously with wear.

And BTW, the shirt on the right of the first shot is a freaking dope Armor Lux x Beams piece that's going online next week as well. Wearing that with the French Blue chinos will make you a walking celebration of life.

I'm going to ******* buy these.

velomane

Reaction score

Guys, saw the saddle shortwing in store today...ee gads, yikes, such a beautiful shoe in a color that is richer than Aldens whiskey...absolutely stunning in the wingtip.

In that case, we expect to see a fit pic of you in those shoes with whatever else you bought while you were in there.:D

Gingahbman

Reaction score
If I wear a 36 in the Walts (great fit), would a 36 work for the Rivet Chinos as well? My only concern is the thighs being too big...

Thanks in advance.

Duck Canvas FTW. :slayer:

Last edited:

ReedCA

Reaction score
Placed my order for the brown calf double monks! I've been watching for them to come in and can't wait til they get here.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW those chinos look great. Definitely picking them up!

runningfrog

Reaction score
daaaaaayam. must have those indigo ducks. they're gonna be freaking ace with the red/white/blue madras.

on a side note, i was changing at the gym earlier and a friend said his dad has the exact same koi fish shirt from the 70s. retro ftw :)

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm going to list a pair of the EP's X Staple Design Special Edition Rivet Chino in size 32 this weekend. Thought I would make the offer here first.
They are new, without tags. Just a bit too slim for me which really sucks. These are some seriously awesome pants; the material and color are amazing.
Mike: You need to make more of these...

Oh yeah, price is what I paid:$85 and I will take care of shipping USPS (shipping to US only)
Thanks

Last edited:

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

daaaaaayam. must have those indigo ducks. they're gonna be freaking ace with the red/white/blue madras.
on a side note, i was changing at the gym earlier and a friend said his dad has the exact same koi fish shirt from the 70s. retro ftw :)

yeah...I ordered the red white & blue madras and those pants are going to be sweet with the shirt (at least I think so :) )

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In that case, we expect to see a fit pic of you in those shoes with whatever else you bought while you were in there.:D

LOL, i wouldn't have even asked to try anything on...I ran there from my place (not a bad time either), so I was absolutely gross by the time I got there...amazed Mike was able to stand talking to me for as long as he did.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL, i wouldn't have even asked to try anything on...I ran there from my place (not a bad time either), so I was absolutely gross by the time I got there...amazed Mike was able to stand talking to me for as long as he did.

You probably set a pr because of what you were running towards. You wanted epaulet like the greyhound wants the rabbit

Those French blue chinos are sick, love the color

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You probably set a pr because of what you were running towards. You wanted epaulet like the greyhound wants the rabbit
Those French blue chinos are sick, love the color

LOL, that's exactly how I planned it in my head, although it probably would have been easier to just go to the Smith St store...:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads