Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Love my new olive rivets! When I buy more rivets in the future do I size down, or do the waistbands measure the same across?

2. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Hey guys, we just received a fresh restock of beautiful Carmina shoes! First up are the new styles:

Our "Salinger" Inca last Double Monk has arrived in a gorgeous chocolate calfskin:

[​IMG]
    Salinger Double Monk Brown Calfskin

The "Fitzgerald"shortwing arrived in the same leather. Carmina's calfskin is stunning in person.

[​IMG]
    Fitzgerald Shortwing Brown Calfskin

And without further interruption, the shortwing to end all shortwings... The Saddle shell is a knockout here.

[​IMG]
    Fitzgerald Shortwing Saddle Shell Cordovan

We also received restocks of the Salinger double monk in both calf and shell:

[​IMG]
    Salinger Double Monk Caramel Calfskin

[​IMG]
    Salinger Double Monk Saddle Shell Cordovan

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Welcome to the Carmina Candy Shoppe!

4. oisin

oisin Senior member

srsly. i thought i had decided on the dark brown shortwings, but the seeing the dark brown double monks brings those back into play.

the saddle shell shortwings are really tasty looking.

5. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

The pair I got is a bit smaller in the waist than the other rivets. As for whether or not to size down, I think it depends on how tight/loose it is on you. I've got Epaulet pants in both 33 and 34, and the 34 olive staple chinos sits somewhere in between the two.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Guys, saw the saddle shortwing in store today...ee gads, yikes, such a beautiful shoe in a color that is richer than Aldens whiskey...absolutely stunning in the wingtip.

7. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

daaaang, so tempting. i recently special ordered a pair of carmina saddle shell brogue captoes from the armoury, so i'll probably have to sit this one out. also, my size (US8) looks like it sold out within minutes for both the saddle shells.

8. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

9. yulun405

yulun405 Well-Known Member

Hope someone can answer this question, which color of wax polish should I use on saddle shell? Thanks in advance.

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I wouldn't use any. Just some Saphir or Venetian Cream and brush before and after each wearing...

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'd say in about 3-4 weeks. They'll arrive with our next shirt delivery.

Yup, once we finalize all of the details for the sole and edge trim

Haha, thank you sir, we try!

And really, go for a steamer. I'm the laziest person on earth when it comes to ironing. I hate it. Unfolding the board, heating up the iron, spreading the garment out, etc...

Steaming is really easy. It won't give you a crisp crease like ironing will but it removes the wrinkles with next to no effort. Just remember the distilled water, that's crucial.

Thank you, good seeing you today!

Awesome, love the way that you put this look together! I wore something similar on my trip to Italy in January.

Don't freak out about the sizing. The jacket's a little snug on you, but you can still button it, and the fit in the shoulders is good. If you look at the inside of your sportcoat you can actually see the seam allowance, as the Caine is only 3/8 lined. There's about an inch and a half back there, and it will be plenty. A bit of tailoring on RTW garments is totally normal, and a good tailor will bring that to a perfect fit in the body for you. As there's no liner to work around, it will be an easy and relatively inexpensive alteration too.

Go for a 30. Our chinos run generally true to size.

Most people had to size up one because the legs and the seat are so much slimmer on the Staple Chinos. If you've got fairly thin legs, then you can probably go for the same size in our normal chinos. Thanks for picking them up and glad that you like them!

Haha, no joke. These new Carmina's are so good! We're launching them in our newsletter tomorrow.

Even though I'm proud of my photography, I will say that the photos don't do the Saddle Shortwing justice. Good god. It's so freaking nice.

I'd agree with NYR on that. But if you want to use a wax polish for a really glossy shine, then go with a neutral. Part of the joy of wearing in saddle shell is watching it age and darken, so stay away from any kind of colored cream or wax polish.

12. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

omg......:drool:

as I was also considering the Alden cigar SWB preorder, can anyone comment on how the "fitzgerald" compares with Alden's leydon last? Is one particularly sleeker than the other?

13. mymil

mymil Senior member

14. yulun405

yulun405 Well-Known Member

Thank you for all of your replies. I am gonna order the saddle double monk.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Actually, it's pretty comparable to the Leydon last. The toe box is higher, but they're both a nice balance of a sleek middle and rounded toe last that can be dressed up or down.

Most guys buy the Leydon last true to size. So I'd recommend the Fitzgerald (forest last) in one UK size down from your Leydon size (ex. buy a UK9 if you take a US10 in the Leydon). These will blow you away in person.