1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Epaulet Medium Grey 120s suit:

[​IMG]

2. mothball

mothball Senior member

This is fantastic.

3. rustledjimmies

rustledjimmies Senior member

would wearing sperrys with rivet chinos be a bad look?

4. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing on the pair of wine oxford chinos I picked up (size 32). I was able to order a second pair (this time gray) one size up on after the last re-stock and am waiting to pick them up to see how they fit. I guess I'll need to take the waist in a bit, but the slightly higher rise and more room in the seat/thighs will be useful I think.

Mind you, saying that I have been wearing the slightly tight (but still wearable) size 32s in the heat in Hong Kong for the last couple of days, and they still have been super comfortable as a hot weather trouser.

SVB: Absolutely love the color of that green shirt. What is the material? I used to have a linen blend shirt in a similar, but not quite as vibrant color.

PS (edit): Forgot to add that for some unknown reason trying to access styleforum.net without using a VPN results in a "403 forbidden" error from Macau. Perhaps not surprising when you see what most people are wearing around here ...

One more edit: to clarify that I meant I ordered a second pair - just in case anyone about to order the wine in 32 thinks that I planned to return them after walking around in the Hong Kong heat for a day or two .. :)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  5. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

Not a fan of Sperry's, but no I don't think so, considering.

6. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Can someone clarify Epaulet's return policy for me? The website says that they only accept returns for store credit. Is this the case? I was hoping to purchase 2 sizes online and then return one since I'm in between sizes.

7. Chris Waffles

Chris Waffles Senior member

Just moved out of Salem--it would have been nice to have a place to get decent clothes in the valley!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Need to compete with Stan's suit. Will post pics tomorrow!

Got the white chinos today...love them. Will have them hemmed and post pics as well.

9. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

NewYork Ranger I think you have been using that jump to conclusions mat. Though I will admit to liking Jack Sparrow. Have you seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

This is the case for the general public. For SF members, you can request a refund within 14 days of items that are purchased at full price, and not on sale.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Stan: does anyone ever stare at you while you're posing for the camera? I'm working my way out to Downtown so I need to know! Not that I care much if people think I'm weird, haha.

12. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

What are you guys pairing with your grey oxford chinos? I'm having the hardest time pulling them off :embar:.

Thanks

13. konadog

konadog Senior member

on La Brea near American Rag, Unis, Self Edge, and Mr. Freedom (around the corner) would likely be the ideal location. Or Melrose near RRL, Paul Smith, Alexander McQueen, etc. More people live around there, work near there, or just generally pass there than Venice, Los Feliz, or downtown.

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Sorry to quote, what belt?

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The pictures came out to be less than desired. Perhaps it's time to get a new camera :(

Epaulet Madras Walt (Hi, Keith!) and Carmina Saddle Shell Salinger...also from Epaulet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. undeadkennedy

undeadkennedy Member

I agree with konadog. Those areas are more central and generally draw in more people with the sole intent of shopping for clothes. The only time I've purchased clothing downtown was picking up jackets from Jonathan A. Logan who has a loft 8th. The location works for him because he doesn't rely at all on foot traffic. And as much as I love dropping by his shop to bullshit and talk leather jackets, I also hate the process getting downtown during business hours and driving around looking for parking, so I try to avoid it when I can.

17. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Downtown living in LA is prob about 10 years away from being good.

18. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Totally agree.

19. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

YES -- this is the area I was thinking of that Mike had mentioned.

Epaulet navy/purple cotton/wool BD today:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I dig your pad, Stan!

I went to look at a couple of Olympus cameras and I'm thinking of buying one now. I've always like Canon though. It was down to Canon S100 and the Olympus something something, the smallest in the Pen series.

I really dislike going to the westside because of the tourists and traffic.