Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mothball

mothball Senior member

Just ordered the olives--may I ask what boots are these?

[​IMG]

2. oisin

oisin Senior member

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

4. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

5. tropics

tropics Senior member

the Point Collar Charcoal Pindot Chambray shirt looks pretty god damn sweet.

6. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I got the large Epaulet cozumel jacquard shirt and after putting it on real quick, I think the large size will work fine for me with the more casual shirts. The only thing that is a bit too big for me is the neck, where I'm usually a 15.5 or 16 (Epaulet large is 16.5). The point collar also looks kind of big, but probably OK. The torso (my chest size is 39") looks fairly fitted with minimal billowing at the waist, but I don't feel any of the tightness like I felt with the medium shirt. I'm thinking it'll fit better after a wash, so I'm definitely happy with it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  7. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

ditto on the chino restock colorways. craving a racing green & light blue...

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, we these are still in work. We're also getting a french blue brushed cotton trouser, probably around the end of next week

Yes, I think that everyone was fixed on that Tanker boot - I'll work to get a preorder going for it this week.

Thank you sir! Enjoy them!

Off hand, our first restock is going to be mostly things we've run before: khaki canvas, gunmetal, navy. We're running some thicker duck canvas as well. I don't believe that we have any colors exactly duplicated between the chinos and the walt fabrics, but they'll be quite a few khaki tones to choose from.

It's different in hand and drape. This sanded canvas comes from the UK, it's softer, and it's a bit dressier. The chinos use US-made canvas which is tougher and has a more pronounced canvas weave structure when you look at it.

The walt canvas trousers are more easily dressed up than the canvas rivet chinos - although I've seen plenty of guys wear the chinos with sportcoats.

Any of these three colors would look ace with a Navy sportcoat. I think that the Olive sanded canvas is actually my favorite of the three. I ordered it as an afterthought, but it's a really perfect neutral tone that would easily match a ton of other items.

And for the racing green trousers, the black gingham suggestion is perfectly on point. For shirts, they'll jive well with whites, pale pinks, tans, and even some reds - especially if the red is in a mixed pattern. For footwear, they'll look great with anything brown or white. Think about these with (1) navy blazer, gingham shirt, snuff suede shoes or (2) white oxford shirt and jack purcells.

Oh it definitely is. We'll have linen in Navy, Natural, Red, and Tangerine. The bolder colors will land in about 4-5 weeks.

Thank your sir, glad that it worked out for you!

Those are actually some old-school Mark McNairy chelsea boots that we carried back in Fall '09.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^Tangerine linen? I don't think the wife is going to be happy about this.

And it looks like my canvas Walts should be on their way today. Should have them in hand early next week then. :)

10. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Received the EP x Staples olive chinos today. Man these pants are literally butter soft! Very nice!

Question for those of you who bought this: Will you cuff it or have it hemmed? I'm thinking I'd cuff it, but I'm wondering if there's some sort of consensus on whether to cuff or hem?

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

cuff son

now if only the greys would go on sale

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I always cuff, if you change your mind about it you can simply uncuff, but once you give em a cuffless hem, thats how they stay.

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Just grabbed the Slate Gunchecks.

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

There's an EP x Staple chino in olive?

EDIT: Ah, I see. Posted a few days ago. Damn.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm probably in the minority here, but I do both. I get them hemmed to my regular length, and I cuff them. When worn with the cuff, they're essentially highwater trousers..which is how I wear my chinos. I'm expecting my navy service pants today.

I'm curious to see how much different that french blue will look. I'm hoping bright chinos will come in soon so I can style in the office for spring and summer!