• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

00 scrub

Reaction score
Anyone have any comments on the durability of the Triton jacket? How heavyweight is it? Too heavy for Southern California? Anyone have more fit pics than just what's Epaulet site? On the fence about the olive one.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pitti Uomo: A Buyer’s Perspective
Big thanks to Oisin for pointing this out! I published my first Styleforum blog post earlier this week. If you haven't already overdosed on Pitti Uomo musings, here's a short summary of what I did over there.
http://blog.styleforum.net/?p=712
Both me and my team are going to post on here regularly - hopefully once a month or so. I'm really excited to participate! We'll have a great feature on Gitman Brothers (written by a fellow SF member, photographed by me, edited by Dylan) going live in a few weeks.

I really did enjoy that Mike. It was nice to look at Pitti from a different point of view than that's out there. Nice stuff man.

adamadelaide

Reaction score
I'm putting together an order for some Rudys and Rivets (and maybe a belt and..) and thought I'd give a shirt a shot. I'm looking for some advice with the Epaulet sizing..

I'm 6'2, 40 chest with a 7 inch drop, and what I think are slightly wider than average shoulders. Most of my better-fitting shirts have shoulder measurements around the 18.5-18.75 mark. Would I be better off in a large or a medium? Is there a significant difference in arm or waist width between a medium and a large? Is the listed collar size exact, or is an allowance given for shrinkage?

I'm a little concerned that the medium would be too tight in the chest area and too narrow in the shoulders, but that a large would be too big everywhere else.

Being based in Australia, returns aren't a simple proposition.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two shots of the Carmina double monks. Probably should wear some different trousers with them, but right now I'm just working on breaking them in. As sleek as they look, these definitely have some pretty serious soles on them.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

I'm putting together an order for some Rudys and Rivets (and maybe a belt and..) and thought I'd give a shirt a shot. I'm looking for some advice with the Epaulet sizing..
I'm 6'2, 40 chest with a 7 inch drop, and what I think are slightly wider than average shoulders. Most of my better-fitting shirts have shoulder measurements around the 18.5-18.75 mark. Would I be better off in a large or a medium? Is there a significant difference in arm or waist width between a medium and a large? Is the listed collar size exact, or is an allowance given for shrinkage?
I'm a little concerned that the medium would be too tight in the chest area and too narrow in the shoulders, but that a large would be too big everywhere else.

Mike will probably chime in at some point regarding your question, but I think a medium would be too small for you, especially if the particular shirt you are looking at shrinks at a higher rate (Italian gingham in my experience). My chest measures 39 inches and mediums are just at the edge of being tight at the chest before washing. After washing, they get noticeably tighter in the chest for me. They are wearable, but just a little uncomfortable in the chest/arm hole area. As for the shoulders, most shirts with 17~17.5" shoulder seem to fit me well, but the Epaulet shirt, at 18", also hits my shoulders perfectly for some reason.

For what it's worth, I ordered a size large this week to try out the size to see if it offers more comfort while still looking relatively fitted.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike will probably chime in at some point regarding your question, but I think a medium would be too small for you, especially if the particular shirt you are looking at shrinks at a higher rate (Italian gingham in my experience). My chest measures 39 inches and mediums are just at the edge of being tight at the chest before washing. After washing, they get noticeably tighter in the chest for me. They are wearable, but just a little uncomfortable in the chest/arm hole area. As for the shoulders, most shirts with 17~17.5" shoulder seem to fit me well, but the Epaulet shirt, at 18", also hits my shoulders perfectly for some reason.
For what it's worth, I ordered a size large this week to try out the size to see if it offers more comfort while still looking relatively fitted.

you sound similar in sizing to me. let me know how the large works out for you.

dra

Reaction score

I'd say definitely a large. I'm a 38 chest and the medium is pretty fitted on me.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
olive overdye temptation....

oisin

Reaction score
woot, looks like mike found a few more grey cargos. 32 has been purchased but there is a 30 and 33 for someone.

edit: hah, snuck that purchase in before matt could even post.

Last edited:

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
Ordered size 30!
Hells to the **** yeah. I am now at 4 Epaulet pantaloons in the last month.

Stop me. This is linsanity.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

woot, looks like mike found a few more grey cargos. 32 has been purchased but there is a 30 and 33 for someone.
edit: hah, snuck that purchase in before matt could even post.

Sheesh, you saved me from another knee-jerk Epaulet purchase. Thanks...LOL!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any chance on a restock of the bedford cord moss chinos?

Definitely, but I'm not sure if we can swing that for the Spring. We'll surely bring them back in a few colors in late August though.

Sweet...I've been lusting after those Moss Bedford Cords, which have been sold out in my size forever.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gunmetal Rivets
6e9baf80.jpg

...annoyed I didn't get the 32 cargos, I love the Grey ones so much a warmer weather one would have been ideal...kudos to quick fingers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads