• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Atcmg8803

Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of rivet chinos ... way too pumped to see them. Really enjoy this store a lot! Thanks.

Simplicio

Reaction score

are the colors of the cramertons off in your picture? looks a lot different from stock images.
looks to me like the pockets appear high.
anyone have any pictures of cramertons with the pocket flaps tucked in?

Just need to move the re-sew the buttons a little further down - easy fix.

British Khaki is kind of a more subdued khaki, with an olive cast. In low light, they look more olive, but out in the day they look like a very subdued grey/brown.
I think the Cramertons are closer to a golden khaki.

Yes, the color is a little bit off in the first picture. I should have mentioned that I used a flash. The second picture is closer to the true color, which is a kind of golden brown.

I could move the buttons, but having them a little high ensures that the pockets stay closed. I'm not sure that this has a perfect solution.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike/Matt, are you guys planning to make the spring/summer iteration of the navy pindot or will the only pindot shirts be Gitmans?

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
long ago Mike said "Cramerton is a variant of the British Khaki color, it's a dark tan with a bit of an olive cast."

So it has an olive cast too though? I'm looking to buy another pair of pants right now. Perhaps I'll just have to wait till the great pants restock of late february

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today Rivet Chinos...and just like last night, Big Blue on top of New England...:slayer:
a53d7964.jpg

1fa26c4e.jpg

86aea6ce.jpg

552e561c.jpg

Strombollii

Reaction score
Weird question, guys, but would you happen to have a small collection of the MOP buttons y'all use on your oxfords on hand someone could buy? I seem to have lost four in one really, really strange night.

Renalan

Reaction score

Just got the GBV Chambray Pindot in the mail. Wore it with japanese khaki rivets today.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

For future references:
What style of trousers would be best for me if the service pants fit me pretty much spot on?

The Rivet Chino is going to fit exactly the same as the service pant. If you want a Walt trouser, I'd recommend getting a 32. It may be a bit large if you take a 31 in the service pant, but not by much. And you can always have the waist tailored.

But we'll have a ton of rivet chinos to choose from very soon.

are cramertons the same color as the british khaki rivet chinos? or not at all?

Hmm, I'd say that the Cramerton is a pretty typical "khaki." If you imagine the usual tan to dark tan khaki tone, that's pretty much it.

British Khaki has a distinct olive cast to it. It's also a much lighter weight fabric.

Just ordered my first pair of rivet chinos ... way too pumped to see them. Really enjoy this store a lot! Thanks. 

Thank you sir!

Weird question, guys, but would you happen to have a small collection of the MOP buttons y'all use on your oxfords on hand someone could buy? I seem to have lost four in one really, really strange night.

Sure, drop a PM to leftofthedial with your info and mailing address. We can get those for you.

Just got the GBV Chambray Pindot in the mail. Wore it with japanese khaki rivets today.

Nice! That stuff's a great fit on you.

halberdklown

Reaction score
do the rivets shrink at all when washed? and for reference, if I am a 34 in the rivet, should I get a 36 in walt?

REguy

Reaction score
Is the sizing info correct on the website regarding the Schott Chester coat? You guys recommend sizing down one from your shirt size, but I had the chance to try this jacket on at Barneys and it ran wicked tight (especially in the arms). Awesome coat BTW.

stingray1381

Reaction score
Picked up some Alden Suede Boots that were delivered today, and what else do I find in the box? MIke included a free Saphir suede cleaner. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I hope you guys make a red rivet chino, a true hue of red, one that is not already faded. It would be killer for spring/summer!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went a little EP crazy today...I think this is the first time I've ever managed to put 4 pieces from the same store together in one outfit

Special Order Olive Marl Harris Tweed
British Khaki Rivet
Alden x Epaulet #8 Brixton
Western Print belt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads