Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Dont have a pair of W+H chinos to measure with unfortunately

But im pretty sure im a tagged 30 in them

2. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

From my experience I have always had to size down in every W+H pants that I own, especially the west point chino... Where the Epaulet chinos are pretty damn TTS.

3. applky

applky Senior member

^ This has been my experience too. The reason is the rise, I believe. W+H rise is around 9" for a size 31, if I remember correctly, whereas for a the rivet chino I believe it's closer to 10.5", which is a much more reasonable rise.

4. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

Just got back from NYC and I managed to get to the epaulet store on Orchard St before I headed home to Australia.

I was looked after by your wife Mike, man she is tall, and I tried on a few pairs before settling on a pair of Rivets in British Khaki.
    I wanted to buy more but i pretty much blew my budget after stopping first at Thom Browne, Odin and Saturday Surf, but I will definately
    be buying more trousers onliine in the future.

5. trig

trig Senior member

are donegals going to be restocked at all? if so, any time soon?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  6. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I will actually size up 1 for my next pair of rivets because it has a low rise.

7. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Agreed. I went to a 30 instead of a 29 for my last two pairs and the fit went from good to immaculate.

8. ThomSquared

Ha, that's hilarious... I have been thinking I should size up on my next few pairs as well... The 31's are lovely and the fit through the legs and especially the rear are wonderful but the waist is just too damn tight, may have to go 32, I must admit that i am a little scared of sacrificing the fit on the 31's though.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  9. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

I'm not sure what size should I go for

For reference I fit APC PS raws in a tag 30. But since the raws obviously stretches over time, what should I go for in the epaulet khakis ?

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I went with a 31 on my service pants. I used the sizing chart and it worked like a charm. I based my selection on my APC jeans which are size 30.

11. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

Hey Mike will we also have to order the loro piani sportcoats as well or are they being made no matter what?

12. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

I'm going to guess you would take a 31 in the rivet chinos; but to be sure, you should measure the waist on your APC PS (after stretch) and compare to the measurements for the rivet chino posted on Epaulet's site. This shouldn't be too difficult to do.

13. ThomSquared

Hate to get off track here but were the Ravello Brixton boots that were re-ordered by Mike... Were those an MTO order or were there actually going to be sizes available to people outside of those who put in a deposit?

14. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

dumb request: where is the link to the Alden MTO thread? I've been looking but can't seem to find it [​IMG]
    thanks -

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Not dumb at all, I wish the search feature worked a bit better:
    Alden MTO Thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/248010/alden-mto-forum-group-buy/700_100#post_5172805
    Epaulet x Alden MTO Thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/285348/epauletxalden-special-make-up-thread/0_100#post_5175110

On the same note, i have three PM's in favor of the tanker that won the vote in the AldenxEpaulet thread, but since number 4 is out the color the three pm's supported was Ravello. I think this would make a sick boot, Barrie Last, Ravello, NST Tanker, All Eyelets (i'm thinking metal eyelets, not blind, but really either would do), pull tab on a commando sole. Anyone else in here interested pm me, if we get 12, Mike can put in a special order.