Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hmm, not really. The problem is that the two models look pretty similar visually. That's why I don't even bother doing separate photography for the Rudy.

Going by measurements is always the best route to determine your fit. But a good rule of thumb is this. If you typically fit into slimmer pants and classic jeans like the Levis 501 and APC New Standard, then the Walt and Rivet Chino fit should be fine. For most guys who wear slim-ish clothing, it works brilliantly and accounts for about 85% of our trouser sales. Even if you're into sports and have pretty muscular legs, the Walt and Rivet Chino should work. They're not skinny pants.

If you're a Rudy customer then chances are you know it already. You've got pretty muscular or thick legs that are hard to fit. Not jogging, basketball, or casual cycling muscular, but rugby, hardcore cycling, and powerlifting muscular. If you get an off the rack slim suit, the jacket works but the trousers don't. You can't wear 501's. Your pants typically have pretty wide leg openings at the bottom because you need more room in the thighs. Most of the trousers and jeans that are regularly discussed in Streetwear and Denim are too slim for you to wear. That's generally the experience for most Rudy customers.

Ah sadly no. But we should get a "milkshake" suede Indy boot.

2. JanC

JanC Senior member

Lol, great description. I was wanting to avoid the skinny pant look but sounds like the Walt works. Thanks.

3. Epaulet

Haha, no problem. I'm personally very familiar with the need for Rudy cut. Sad to say that I bought two "suits" only to keep the sportcoat and try to sell the trousers on ebay, as they had NO hope of fitting.

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Burgundy Marl Cardigan:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

NYR, while the cardigan fit is fine, I think it would be improved my going up one size. Could just be lighting/photography. meh.

6. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the sizing advice, Mike! I just got the shoes in the mail, and the size 10 worked out great. I'm surprised there is still a full size run of the brown CXL/natural plug Somersets; I really like the color combination on these. They are great shoes, and I'll probably pick up a pair of the natural CXL penny loafers if there is a restock on those this spring.

7. oisin

oisin Senior member

man a suit in that loro glen plaid would be pretty nice...

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what shoes are coming on special order etc.? I feel like there is a lot of talk about a lot of things but I'm sorta confused. Still hesitantly eyeing the Carmina chelseas and chukkas. I really could use a good brown shoe that I can wear with a suit and also slightly more casually, but not sure they would 100% fit the bill. Any thoughts of doing the Carmina shortwing in a brown or burgundy calfskin?

8. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Which chino model fits similar to the wings + horns west point chino ?

And if i'm a tagged 30 in APC PS and w+h chinos, what size should I go for in the epaulet ?

9. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

There's only one chino fit. They are pretty damn TTS. Wherever you wear your pants, get that measurement.

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Yea, I've been sick pretty much the entire month of January and the antibiotics got me bloated as hell...looks like I have a pot belly there, I don't...It fits a ouch better when I'm not all swollen...

11. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Rob, Just undo the second button and it will look perfect.

12. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

Mike, I just received my gunmetal rivets but it's definitely too snug for me. I'll be returning these so if anyone is looking for a size 33, you can expect one to be available back online soon. Was looking forward to wearing these but I guess I'll have to wait for the restock. Thanks for the fast shipping as always.

13. Epaulet

My pleasure, and thank you! We'll definitely have a Natural CXL Penobscot loafer restock in a month or two.

I've got the perfect shoe for you. In about 2-3 weeks we'll get the Fitzgerald Shortwing in the same brown calfskin as the Chukka. It's a great balance of dress and casual, and it's really comfortable. We'll get a full restock of the calf double monks too, but you have to dig that particular style. The shortwing is classic and matches almost everything.

I'm not really familiar with the Wings & Horns products, but most guys either buy the same size as APC or one size up in our chinos. It depends. If you bought your APC's in a crazy small size and fought to break them in then go up one inch in the waist. If the APC's were pretty comfortable from the start, then get the same size.

OK thanks for giving them a shot! We should get more 34's in just a few weeks.

14. velomane

velomane Senior member

If you've got the W+H chinos, measure them and then compare with the measurements listed on Epaulet's site. Just be careful, though. Once you've bought a pair of Epaulet trousers, you just may be ditching the rest of your wardrobe. I've purchased six pairs in the last three months. They're as addictive as Alden shell and heroin. Not sure which is the easier to shake.

15. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Ugh, this man speaks the truth... In the last 2 months I've purchased 2 trousers and 2 chinos and 2 pairs of shell's. I'm actually salivating at the mouth for restocks of all the pants and even more pairs of Alden's in the coming months. NOT healthy.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012