Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Look for linen, chambray and seersucker.

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

3. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

I need them mostly for work and going out. I am leaning towards the navy super 120 or midnight super 120. Is the cadet grey/navy suitable for summer or is the wool too thick? Is tropical wool breathable? Thanks.

4. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Just grabbed the Black/Cranberry Micro Tattersall.

5. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    Good lookin' out on posting swatches of the new trousers. Really feeling those Green cords. :slayer:

Do you also plan to post up some swatches of new Spring shirting?

6. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

No, it's a bit lighter and more muted in tone. This canvas is different than the chino cloth too. The Walt/Rudy canvas is from the UK and has a soft sanded finish. The chino canvas is US-made and has a more pronounced weave structure. Although you can totally wear it casually, it will make up as a more dressy item than the olive heavyweights.

Hmm, we'll probably have something along those lines soon. I ordered so many colors that I almost can't remember them all, but there's certainly some kind of olive tone in there.

Linens and lightweight wools are going to be the ticket for you. I don't have the cloth yet, but we'll run Italian and Irish linens in a range of colors, like Navy, Natural, Tangerine, Red, and Steel. Once that comes in, we'll put in the Walt order and open up another Rudy special order round. Out of the fabrics above, check out the following:

Loro Piana Tropical Wool - these are some of the most lightweight wool trousers that you can get, and they'll be great for the Summer. Awesome fabric and a great price for it. Stock is pretty limited on that.

Butterscotch Canvas - awesome pant for the early Spring to early Summer. Might be heavy for the dead of August, but you'll have plenty of time to wear this. And plenty of guys would definitely wear them at the height of the Summer too (not me, I break out the shorts when it gets Vietnam-hot here in NYC).

Navy Super 120's Dress Pant: Can't go wrong with this. Another year-round wool cloth that's on the lighter side. Great pant for any time of year when it's not totally freezing.

I'd say that they're about the same in weight, maybe a touch lighter than the Summer weight cords that we ran in blue and green back in the days.

The light blue is freaking killer. I didn't order it as that color's not for everybody, but it would be awesome with some white bucks and a white oxford shirt. Maybe a natural linen blazer. Oohhh man.

the Ashland shirts are cut really well:

Oooph looking good! Getting an Ashland delivery in about three weeks - we have some killer new fabrics coming in. I know that one is a larger scale gingham in a dark Raspberry color.

Cadet Grey is pretty thick for the Summer, but an excellent fabric for late winter to Spring transition. I wear it comfortably until early June or so.

Definitely check out that Loro Piana cloth. The plaid is very subtle and it nearly looks solid. It's one of the finest wools that we've ever offered.

Thanks dude!

Probably going to be next week or so. Adele's in charge of shirts and she's out of town for a bit. But we'll hook it up.

Very nice!

8. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

I must have both of these. The other Walts are tempting, but I want to see the new rivets first before I decide.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm really digging that Loro Piana Tropical Wool fabric....I just moved down south and I'm going to need some lightweight stuff now. I can't believe it's February and it's 75 and sunny outside right now! I'll definitely be interested in the linen pants when those come out later too.

How dark does this Loro Piana fabric look in person? It looks pretty dark in the swatch...is it like a charcoal color fabric?

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Cool! Both of them will be sent to Southwick as well, so it's possible to have suit separates in both Loro Piana and Navy Super 120's.

And actually, the Loro Piana tropical jacket will be the Caine fit with the 3/8 Liner and Ticket Pocket. It's going to be be KILLER. Especially as it's a great sportcoat all by itself.

Oh man. It was like 60 degrees yesterday here in NYC. This has been a crazy winter. Not a good year to own a ski lodge.

The Loro Piana is a pretty true navy in person. A bit lighter than midnight. I'm always reticient to post swatches as it's pretty tough to get the colors right, but this is very much a normal navy with a subtle, tonal plaid. Seen from a distance, it will look almost completely solid. It feels incredible.

11. dznqbit

dznqbit Active Member

SNAP

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    For the lightweight cords, what would you say is the appropriate timeframe for wearing? Fall & Spring?

13. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Senior member

Just grabbed a pair of the Japanese Khaki (since there wasn't any Heavyweight Stone in a 31, it made my decision easier), and looking forward to getting them. Thanks!

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Intriguing. Considering a unlined or partially lined sport coat. Looking at the Caine fit measurements, the 40 says 30" from bottom of collar. What's that work out to? 40R?

15. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Yep. They're definitely appropriate for Fall and Spring. Could get away with them in early Summer, depending on how warm it is.