Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Senior member

I'm about to replace my regular khaki chinos with some Rivets, and potentially start the process of replacing all my pants with Epaulet if I like them as much as many of the people in this thread. I am most likely picking between the Japanese Khaki or the Heavyweight Stone (or possibly the Khaki Canvas), and would like a recommendation of which fabric to get. The stock photo of the Japanese Khaki looks a little darker brown than I would like, but then looks lighter colored in the model photo. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks guys, really glad that you're so pleased with the gear! Rivet chino restock - including gunmetal - is just a few weeks out now.

I'm thinking that it's probably going to work. One inch total in the chest isn't a huge difference, and shoulder measurements often matter just as much. If the olive overdyed isn't on the edge of being too tight, then you should be fine in this. Gitman Vintage shirts are all preshrunk and washed too, so it won't get any smaller provided you don't fry it in a dryer.

Japanese Khaki isn't particularly dark. It's a softer and lighter weight fabric. I'd say that the outdoor fit pics are a more true representation of the color.

3. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

I don't have the Japanese khaki, but I have heavyweight stone and canvas khaki - the canvas is my favorite of the colors. It's on they greyish side of khaki - not as much red or olive. The heavyweight is a lighter tone (with a slight salmon cast in some lights) and the Japanese has a heavier reddish cast to my eye, based on the pictures.

4. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Hey dudes,

We've been working on a new system for the Rudy trouser customers. It's still in the infancy stages, but Mike wanted to get the ball rolling. So I've got a few swatches to post up.

[​IMG]
    Brushed French Blue - $185 (this is coming in the Walt fit in 3 weeks)

[​IMG]
    Cadet Grey Merino Wool - $185 (this is coming in the Walt fit in 3 weeks)

[​IMG]
    Loro Piana Super 150s Tropical Wool Tonal Glen Plaid - $195 (zoom in to check out the pattern more closely)
    (this is coming in the Walt fit in 3 weeks)

[​IMG]
    Grass Green Lightweight Corduroy - $185 (this is coming in the Walt fit in 3 weeks)

[​IMG]
    Powder Blue Lightweight Corduroy - $185 (this is special order only. We can take orders on Walt or Rudy fit)

[​IMG]
    Red Lightweight Corduroy - $185 (this is special order only. We can take orders on Walt or Rudy fit)

[​IMG]
    Olive Sanded Canvas - $165 (Will be available in Walt in a few weeks)

[​IMG]

Butterscotch Sanded Canvas - $165 (Will be available in Walt in a few weeks)

[​IMG]

Navy Super 120's Dress Pant: $195 (this is coming in the Walt fit in 3 weeks)
    We also have a true navy Super 120s wool that we are going to do for our suit separates this year. It isn't the midnight from 2011, it's a true navy. It will also be $195.

And last, but not least, we have a bit more of these two fabrics from Fall. We can probably cut another 4-6 units of each cloth. We can do a Walt in these too if your Walt size is sold out and you want to special order them.

Burnt Umber Plaid: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1326/"Slim-Walt-Trouser-Burnt/Detail
    Muted Grey Glen Plaid: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1327/"Slim-Walt-Trouser-Muted/Detail

If you guys are interested in ordering a Rudy, shoot me a PM or an email ([email protected]) and I'll get you sorted out. Since they are special orders, they will be final sale. We'll also have more fabrics to show you in a couple of weeks when our first delivery comes in. We'll keep rocking this system throughout the year and you dudes will have some boss Rudy trousers!

Edit: Forgot to mention, we'll keep this round of pre-orders up until next Wednesday. So let me know sooner, rather than later!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

5. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

the brushed french blue and gray merino are gorgeous! sorry, not much to add...just that i like 'em!

6. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

Any eta on the new Navy suit separates? I was about to buy the midnight navy this week, but I feel like I'd hold out for a more versatile lighter color.

Also any comment on the slimness of the blazers/sportcoats? I wear a 36R in most of the traditional MC brands, but I wear a 38 in RL Black Label.

7. Epaulet

The Sportcoats are slim. The fit's not so far off of Black Label, although we have a slightly more athletic cut with slightly deeper armholes. I think that you'd take a 38 in our jackets as well.

The Navy 120's separates will arrive around May. It's not a huge difference in color in person. It's more that getting additional midnight cloth became difficult. The midnight is still a great color and very versatile on its own.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I see some canvas Walts in my future. Really like that Butterscotch color, and for some reason sanded canvas sounds very pleasant. And maybe, maybe even those green corduroys. That's something different.

9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What is the material of the Brushed French Blue?

Also is the Merino Cadet Grey a restock of what you were selling awhile back?

10. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

The Brushed French Blue is 100% cotton. And yes, the Merino Cadet Grey is the same as the trousers we had in stock last year.

11. Epaulet

Cool, you're going to love the Canvas Walts. The fabric is great, and the Butterscotch was a hit last season. Machine washable, very comfortable, and easy to dress up or down.

We'll have plenty of Walts coming in for both colors, so no need to preorder them. If you're a size 28 and you want to make absolutely sure that you get them in the first run, then it might be a good idea. Stock on every other size should be pretty ample.

The green cords are going to be insane. I absolutely love that color. It's an incredible match for snuff suede (Carmina Austerity Brogue guys - I'm looking at you :))

We have one additional roll of Cadet Grey merino. Same goods as before. It's one of the best and most versatile fabrics that we've ever offered IMO.

And that brushed cotton is niiiiccee. The color cast is really subtle - even less so than the "petrol" blue that we ran last year. It's going to be a really handsome and wearable piece.

12. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

Mike / Matt, the olive sanded canvas looks like the business. Is the color the same as in the heavyweight rivet? Was waiting on a restock of the olive rivet heavyweights...

13. trig

trig Senior member

14. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I'm looking for some rudy's for the summer here in toronto where it can get pretty hot. Any suggestions on what fabrics to order? Im looking for versatile colors like grey or navy and breathable fabrics. Are you also gonna get some summer jackets to match these trousers such as linen sportcoats and such? Thanks a lot guys.

15. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Are these cords lighter weight than the red/green cords you guys made last year? Have both pairs from that run, but the powder blue might be a good Easter/Eff you pant.