Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Thorogood vs. Alden Indys? Indys costs 3x as much... But look so cool. Sf insight, go!

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

IMO the latter hands down. Be cautious that the Indy is usually the gateway shoe to Alden addiction. After the Indy, I bought about 10 pairs of Aldens within a year.

Mike,

I need your input. I currently carry two cell phones, an Iphone and a Blackberry. Both phones are too bulky to house in my pocket unless I'm wearing a jacket with a breast jacket. I see you have some Commes Des Garcons leather goods. Do you have anything that would fit both phones? Thanks!

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mike,

It was a pleasure talking to you today. I browsed the CdG collection and there are a couple of browns so I'm not sure which model you were referring to, haha.

If you can post a link to the model you were talking about I would appreciate it. :slayer:

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

hey since you have virtually same body spec as me, can you share a fit pic?

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, it's my curse. I love complicated cameras. So much so that no one can freaking figure them out when I give them over to take a picture of me.

Nice! These would be pretty ace for Paris.

Not at all. I can get some swatches together next week and we can start taking Rudy orders.

Excellent, thanks for picking them up! I'm really glad that you dig them so much.

Thank you so much, and let me know what you think of the Chelsea boots. Some of my personal favorites.

We offer three brown boots at three different prices here, each with selling points:

Horsehide Thorogood: Very comfortable, tough as hell, you can beat them up, great for being on your feet for hours. Thick and chunky like a workboot. We sell these as a good urban winter boot.

Wolverine 1000 Mile: Great boots and our best selling style in the store. Lower profile and slimmer shape means you can dress it up more. Looks great with tweed and flannel pants. Leather sole is very tough but not quite a substantial as the Thorogoods. A lot of customers like the simplicity of the plain toe.

Alden Indy 403: The all-time classic. More handwork and higher end materials. Beefier shape than the 1000 Mile but still sleeker than the Thorogood. It cuts a great profile. And as wj4 said, it is definitely the gateway drug to a closet full of Aldens.

Yup, I think that this will work. It fits 2 Iphones just fine:
    http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1269/CDG-Large-Zip-Pouch/Detail

And CDG leather goods are actually a phenomenal value for the price.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mike,

Another order has been placed! 3 orders within 2 days, haha. Thanks for the help on the CdG.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Is there much of a color difference between the british and japanese rivets?

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Navy Rivets today, also picked up my latest commission from Ercoles which was inspired by the Camel Coat Mike put out this fall...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Had originally had slotted flap patch pockets on the jacket, but decided against it last minute cause I wasn't sure it'd come out as cool as Mike's design.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

NYR: You must be the best dressed among your faculty!

I remember in high school a lot of my teachers were protesting against a better dress code. They were saying if we are forced to wear blazers then we should get a raise, haha.

10. NewYorkIslander

We should get a raise...but as an educator, if thats how you feel, you must not "care about the kids". Only every other profession can you care about yourself and still care about your job...:embar:

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I feel bad for a lot of my teachers in high school because I didn't give them the full respect I should have. Not to say I was an a-hole or anything, but being a young teen...you know.

I hope you get the opportunity to change some kids' lives. I've met 2 professors so far that I still keep in touch. They went out of their way to help me and I still seek guidance from them at times.

As an educator, you're suppose to be rewarded by enlightening others, not by money. :foo:

Edit: I can't wait to see how many people will call the CdG bag a murse, haha.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

12. NewYorkIslander

Honestly the kids are the only reason I still do it. I understand 13 year olds will get testy at times, I remember when I was 13...a lot of teachers forget. Its the crap you hear in the papers and how the job is just "part-time" because of our vacations and general public perception that keeps me constantly on the lookout for other career options.

But we're getting off topic...back on, Mike mentioned he'd be willing to do a special make-up Alden #4 Tanker boot with all eyelets, antique edge trim, commando sole if there's enough interest. So far in the poal, we have 11, lets see if we can drum up some more interest here...

http://www.styleforum.net/t/285348/epauletxalden-special-make-up-thread/0_100#post_5155707

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

c.1954

[​IMG]

Epaulet Smith Denim
    Gitman x Epaulet Club Collar Oxford
    Norse Projects Sweater

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012

14. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Senior member

Why does "public" (ie, really only a lot of reactionary, uneducated people/press) perception of your job matter that much, or even at all?

15. NewYorkIslander

Because they are the ones (the voters) who determine our salaries by electing the officials they do. So on top of morale issues, (it really sucks when all you hear read about is how lazy, pathetic, useless people of your profesion are) when papers like the Post run stories BASHING teachers, it influences elections, and therefore our jobs.