• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

runningfrog

Reaction score

If you have fabric swatches, that's probably enough for some of us to put in a pre-order so we can get ours with the initial run. ;)

+1! the XS shirts sell out extremely fast. if i don't pounce within the first couple hours, usually they are gone. even now, there are only a few shirts remaining in XS on the web store. a pre-order with swatches would be great.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

knapper

Reaction score
I just received my first pair of Epaulet Walts in slate Donegal, and have to say I am very pleased with the quality of the fabric and construction of the pant. The fit was however a bit of a surprise for me, as I am not used to having such well fitted trousers. They feel great when standing up, but become almost skin tight in the thigh when sitting with a leg crossed. I am 6'2", 170 lbs, take a 40L jacket and 32 pants. I bought these in 32 (TTS).

It may be possible that this is just what pants are supposed to fit like, and my other pants are entirely too large for me, so I ask you for advice. I am looking for something that fits well, but do not want something inappropriately slim for a professional environment.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Yeah I've got the pindot, so nice in person, I highly recommend it. That ocean chambray is kind of sexy.

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
I might have to pull the plug on the Small even though the chest and the shoulders are both an inch larger than what fits me perfect.
Thoughts? Shall i do it?

It's Context's measurements that are really throwing me off because they say the chest of the Small pindot chambray is 19.5".

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score

I might have to pull the plug on the Small even though the chest and the shoulders are both an inch larger than what fits me perfect.
Thoughts? Shall i do it?

Being that I haven't seen a single Gitman stockist carry the polka dot chambray in anything smaller than a S (I have only seen 4 carry it) I would suggest buying it.

Last edited:

mrpo0nani

Reaction score

Being that I haven't seen a single Gitman stockist carry the polka dot chambray in anything smaller than a S (I have only seen 4 carry it) I would suggest buying it.

Context actually has XS along with S but they show different measurements.

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't Epaulet restock the Smith jeans?

Last edited:

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I've got the pindot, so nice in person, I highly recommend it. That ocean chambray is kind of sexy.

I got one last year, it's awesome.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thoughts? Shall i do it?
It's Context's measurements that are really throwing me off because they say the chest of the Small pindot chambray is 19.5".

Weird, no idea where they're getting that. It's definitely measuring out at 19" for me. It's a pretty awesome shirt.

Why doesn't Epaulet restock the Smith jeans?

Ah sorry, our denim line - at least for the moment - is totally discontinued. If I can find a good production partner down the road then we may put them back into work in the future.

But, we're going full-force with chinos, so they'll hopefully be a good, non-denim alternative for you.

Oh man, Ocean Chambray is so good! It's very lightweight though, just as a heads-up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics