Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

2. Tano

Tano Senior member

3. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

I felt duty bound to point out that this is not true at all. Guys who are tall and/or broad framed can fit the larger Epaulet shirts very well. If you can't you're fat or you live in a gym.

I am 6'7" + broad shouldered and I can pull off Epaulet shirts. Granted, I roll the sleeves up and my torso is rather short for my height (probably got the torso of a 6'5" guy at most), but even so... XXL can work for me so it's CERTAINLY fine for someone over 5'7"! I do get them tapered, but my drop is 10".

I even wear the pants. you can get close to a 37" inseam out of them if you let them out to a false hem.. go sockless with some whisky longwings, show some ankle and there you have it :)

You guys lack creativity or something.

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Are you the governator?

5. scb

scb Senior member

i might be selling that shirt in a medium if anyone's interested. worn once

6. meso

meso Senior member

Yeah I don't get why someone would think Epaulet is only for midgets.
    I'm 6'2 & 200s lbs. w/42-44 chest, so between an L and XL in Epaulet shirting.
    I could get into a cutaway collar size L, but generally I need an XL.
    Neck a little large on an XL for me, chest a little small on an L.
    Anyhow I'm a fairly tall, medium build guy and it's not a problem.

7. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

8. meso

meso Senior member

9. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

Dear Epaulet,

Please restock on the Shetland Cardigan in Black Grape Marl. It's getting cold and I need some warm, comfy cardigan action to keep me arms length away from Jack Frost and his winter minions.

Signed,

A Concerned Citizen

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I don't specifically have a restock in the works, but my first Spring order is getting cut next week. If you like, I can take a special order on it. Same price, takes about four weeks, but is final sale. PM me if you want to go for it. We can do that in Walt or Rudy fit.

Not specifically, but give me a bit - I've got a new and seriously ass-kicking brogue boot project in the works.

Hmm, that does sound pretty freaking good.

Also
    = Smiths fans
    = Fleetwood Mac fans
    = Bruce Springsteen fans
    = Gorilla Biscuits fans
    = Wu Tang Clan fans
    = Danzig fans

My apologies guys, I had to dial back the XXL assortment this year. Over the past two seasons, I would typically produce 1-2 units in XXL for most shirt styles, but they were far and away the worst-selling size. We'd end up selling out of an entire style and only having XXL's on the rack. It was often the case for XS shirts too. As such, I can only afford to run them in a few fabrics per season.

That said, we can also do a special order system like we're doing for the Rudy trouser. If there's a shirt that you like and want to order in XXL, just drop me a line. That goes for XS as well. We'll have additional fabric and be able to do that for most of the shirts we introduce in the Springtime. And we can certainly do that for all of our basic styles - like the B/D oxford, point collar oxfords, cutway navy gingham, white dress shirt, etc.

Our XL has a pretty athletic cut. If you're 5'7", you'd most likely need a chest size over 43-44" to need an XXL shirt. Our shirts are slim compared to something like the Brooks Brothers standard fit, but we have a better cut for athletic builds than most of the slimmer cuts from other menswear brands. I was conscious to give the shirts enough room in the arm holes, shoulders, and sleeves to accommodate someone who's into lifting. I'm 5'10", 195lb and I take a Large.

A good rule of thumb: If you generally wear slimmer cuts in shirts and jackets, then our shirts should work for you. If you're really jacked and it's very difficult to find any shirt that fits without being baggy as hell, then fitting our shirts might be a problem.

Does epaulet sell these belts or a very simlar style? can anyone identify the exact colour?
    Oh yes, that's our unfinished belt after about 4 months of wear:
    [​IMG]
    Unfinished Bridle Leather Single Prong Belt: $88

Oh man, sorry that was the only drop for the season. If you need a Small, then chances are the medium will still work - it has raglan sleeves so it looks cool and not sloppy if it's a bit oversized.

11. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

12. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

We recently picked up Saphir shoe care products! For those who don't know, they make some of the best products on the market and they've been selling really well in our stores so far. They will keep your shoes looking their best!

[​IMG]
    Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax Shoe Polish, 100 ml.

[​IMG]
    Saphir Pommadier Cream Shoe Polish, 75 ml.
    [​IMG]
    Saphir Renovateur Cleaner & Conditioner, 75 ml.

Just a little blurb about Renovateur: This has been HANDS DOWN the best selling shoe care product we carry. It's great for shell cordovan and calfskin and will condition your shoes like never before.

[​IMG]
    Saphir Omni'Nettoyant Suede Cleaner

[​IMG]
    Saphir Premium Horsehair Shoe Polishing Brush, Large

If you guys have any questions or anything, just let Mike or myself know!

13. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

Edit: Repost

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

If you have fabric swatches, that's probably enough for some of us to put in a pre-order so we can get ours with the initial run. [​IMG]

15. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

^ I'd be interested in see this as well, if available. For my case, I'm 5'7" and my chest is around ~45.5" and my wide back isn't helping things much, either. Thank being said, I can wear a gitman vintage oxford in L, it fits very slim but the neck is a bit tight, and because of my back, If I try to reach for something in front of me, l feel the material resisting a little too much. I tend to like to wear a shirt like this casually, but the gitman is just way too long for that, not to mention that the arms slim enough that it is impossible for me to roll up my sleeves without looking like I'm cutting off my circulation, so i figure an XXL might work out...