Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Senior member

Some people pay good money for such gouges.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the help guys! I definitely don't want these to stretch too much, so I'll stick with the gentle cycle wash and hang dry and we'll see how that goes. I don't need to get them hemmed either, but I'm not that interested in really maximizing the fade either, so my regular washing for jeans of maybe once a month should be fine.

The good news is now that I know a szie 34 Smith fits great, that also means I could probably fit in to some 34 Rivets as well....I tried on a 33 Rivet but it was too tight, and I thought a 34 would be too big, but it seems like it will be just about right. Great for my Epaulet collection, bad for my wallet.

3. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Any estimate on when you'll be getting spring weight Walts in?

4. drewheifetz

drewheifetz Member

I've wanted this belt since they teased it, maybe I'll have to cave soon...

5. oisin

oisin Senior member

hah, I also wondered if I just happened to get a weird batch. But I'm guessing not. Yes, plenty of Walts to keep us happy, and I find I can wear my rivets with boots and it's ok, but obviously not perfect.

6. oisin

oisin Senior member

yep. only solution is more gouges.

7. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

Can anyone elaborate on the difference between the Weller/Caine sportcoats? Epaulet suiting is looking really good for the price.

8. oisin

oisin Senior member

There was some discussion on this earlier. Speaking from memory, basically the Caine is a more casual, sport-coat-y sport coat with the hopsack material and the ticket pocket. The Weller is more of a suit jacket that can double as a sport coat, but it's a bit more formal and suit-y with its darker color.

Edit:

Here's what Mike said about it before:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I have both; the Weller is the suit jacket and the Caine is a navy blazer. The Caine has a ticket pocket and is not fully lined. There may be a couple other small differences. The fit is identical.

10. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

Thanks guys, exactly the info I was looking for.

11. Albrecht

Albrecht Member

I had seriously not planned to buy any more trousers for a while, but the Walt Harris Tweed Camel and the Walt Donegal Tweed Slate were too nice.
    Ordered.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

12. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

This is interesting. For me the Rivets are right on the cusp of being too short. I happily wear them but would prefer them to be a touch longer. Because of the listed inseam 35.5" vs the inseams listed on the walts of 34" with 1 to let out I've been hesitant to buy any walt trousers because I thought they would be shorter. Do people actually find they fit longer?

13. oisin

oisin Senior member

Yeah, I haven't had a problem with any of my Walts (well, I got a pair of the poplin cotton trousers and after a wash they shrunk a decent bit, but they had plenty of fabric to lengthen them). All my wool Walts have been solid (little to no break, but basically just right for me, and again, there's room to lengthen them). Unfortunately not so with the rivets. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it has something to do with the rise? Definitely worth getting a pair of Walts that aren't on sale (so you can return if needed) and check it out. They totally work for me. I'm 6'5". I usually wear pants in a 34" inseam without trouble.

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm 6'4", and I was about to try some Rivets to see if they work for me...I'll report back if I notice any issues with the length.

In other news - check my sig for a pair of size 33 Rudy Cramertons for sale dirt cheap that my cleaners shrunk the length on. It's safe to say I'll never be going back there again.

15. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Well that's great news I guess, now I have no excuse not to check out some walts. I've definitely noticed the front/back rise ratio on rivets looks interesting, this might be causing the shortness that we're seeing.