• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
My New Year's Wish? Bring back the Navy Marl Lambswool in Walt one last time :D. Size 36 bro!

On a serious note (not that Navy Marl Lambswool isn't serious, serious business), everyone have a safe and Happy New Years. Seeya all in 2012.

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first pair of trousers from Epaulet and was looking for something that I can wear as an alternative to my denim.
I live in Florida, and i'm a college student so something that can be dressed up and still be a daily wearer.

I was looking at the Walt Cramerton? Any thoughts guys?

Oh, and Happy New Year's Eve!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quiet NYE at home. Rangers/Flyers alumni game followed by screening of Godfather II.
IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

Little man wanted in the shot:
IMG_2103.jpg

Think he was more interested in the cobblestone though.

So much for not wearing olive pants...lol. Olive Drab Service Rivet.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks great PIJ, pissed I missed out on that sweater in my size. I did kop the burgundy though...:slayer:

Thanks Rob.
Had a rough night last night and my better half isn't feeling too well Met some friends for a couple of cocktails earlier and now back home

Last edited:

SePho

Reaction score

Very tempted by the Smiths. Reasonable to assume that the 28.5" waist for the 28s will stretch out about an inch through wear? With no returning I'm hesitant, but this post about sizing down has me thinking it'll be fine...

Yeah, I think you should be fine with a size 28. Mine stretched about an inch in the waist if not more.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously late for the fit contest, but here are the cramerton's (bad with the self timer, so it caught me moving my watch):
tumblr_lx3hilKaAN1qe3s6yo1_500.jpg

warrenjl1

Reaction score

Obviously late for the fit contest, but here are the cramerton's (bad with the self timer, so it caught me moving my watch):
tumblr_lx3hilKaAN1qe3s6yo1_500.jpg

Nice look dude. If that's the Gant x MB blackwatch pullover in a size small and you ever think about selling it, let me know! I'm so pissed I missed it on sale everywhere. Bought it earlier in the season, but decided it just wasn't worth close to $200. Had every intention of picking it up at a discount.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Medium and I'll probably keep it forever! Ha, it's a great piece, definitely keep an eye on ebay. I've seen Larges at Nordstrom on clearance for $109, as well

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks cool, don't know what the hell you guys do in your jeans to get em to wear that way...I even tried the jump in the ocean trick (somewhere theres a thread on my experiences) and that didn't fade em as much as that (nd they were 5 year old APC NS.

Thanks much. For what it's worth, I always throw these on after getting home from work and pretty much all weekend long. They're also my go-to pair for casual Friday.

Very tempted by the Smiths. Reasonable to assume that the 28.5" waist for the 28s will stretch out about an inch through wear? With no returning I'm hesitant, but this post about sizing down has me thinking it'll be fine...

I would say that an inch of stretch sounds about right. However, do keep in mind that a wash will shrink it right back. I imagine sizing down by one should do you fine.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Holiday Trouser Fit Pic Contest Poll is online y'all! http://www.styleforum.net/t/280705/...t-pic-contest-poll-vote-now/0_90#post_5071819 The poll is open until Jan 3rd. Head over and vote for the finalists!
Hey guys, thanks for all the votes so far! The poll's open until midnight tonight, so please cast your vote if you haven't yet. There's some great work in there.
Quick chime in to laud my short navy tweed Daltrey, minus the elbow patches, which arrived yesterday. This fabric is beautifully deep, with a perfect weight for the bay's colder days - combined with the cut and construction this may be the finest jacket I've ever owned. Awesome, Mike, simply awesome.
Within the last few weeks, I received my special order size 44L jackets in both the Brown Houndstooth and Olive Marl Harris Tweed, and I just picked both of them up from my tailor last night. I must say they are quite spectacular, and I'm extremely satisfied with both purchases. I was a little worried that the overall shape of the Olive Marl would end up being too big (it's my first tweed jacket), but everything came out perfect after all the tailoring was complete. My tailor kept commenting on how great both of the jackets were...he especially loved the fabric on the Brown Houndstooth. My camera just stopped working, which is probably a good thing since I needed a new one anyway, so I can't take any pics now but I will post some as soon as I can. I'm upgrading from a Blackberry to the iPhone 4S soon so I'll test that camera out and throw some pics up here once I get it. And I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the customer service from Mike & Co. from beginning to end was phenomenal, and really made the whole process smooth and easy. :D
Thank you guys so much for the feedback, and I'm thrilled that you're so pleased with the jackets! It's definitely a leap of faith to special order a sportcoat, and we really appreciate it. We ended up doing about 40 special order Southwick jackets in shorts and longs this year, and they went off without a hitch. Southwick is really excited about our capsule collection, and the did all the work quickly and correctly. If any customers out there are interested in special ordering a sportcoat, then drop me a line - it's an easy process.
I'm looking to buy my first pair of trousers from Epaulet and was looking for something that I can wear as an alternative to my denim. I live in Florida, and i'm a college student so something that can be dressed up and still be a daily wearer. I was looking at the Walt Cramerton? Any thoughts guys? Oh, and Happy New Year's Eve!
Well, the "gateway drug" for Epaulet trousers are definitely the Rivet Chinos. Any of the canvas varieties will be excellent for Florida, and they can certainly be dressed up if need be. The overall fit is similar to a slim-straight jean, so they make an ideal alternative to denim. The Cramertons are officially my favorite cotton trousers ever. Given the higher rise and tabbed waistband, they can be dressed up more than the Chinos. Either would work very well for you, but for regular college wear, I'd probably steer you towards the chinos first.
I was in the shop yesterday and Mike was talking about a looooooong list of new ones for this Spring. Too many for me to remember, but I recall colors, fabrics, rivets, buttons, etc. all being up for grabs in 2012.
[ Yes, we're RADICALLY expanding our Chino program for the Spring. Our first delivery will be around mid-to-end February, and they'll be a bunch of new fabrics and colors to choose from. We also optimized our production, so restocks will come at more regular intervals. My goal is to have the chinos generally available in all sizes in several colors and fabrics, and run a bunch of special edition runs alongside those basics. Lots of good stuff to come! quote name="applky" url="/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/8910_90#post_5073313"]
Epaulet trousers mentioned in the NYT, as per usual:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/29/fashion/men-shop-in-bulk.html?pagewanted=2

(by mohair I think he means moleskin)
[/quote] Awesome, thanks for posting this. My mother always freaks out when we're in the Times too!
Hi Mike, Are you still planning a restock on the Penobscot Penny Loafer Natural Chromexcels? Also, I finally made it back to the US to open my package of Epaulet clothes and everything is great as always, especially the Ep X Liberty of London shirts. Fantastic.
Absolutely. We'll get our first delivery of Penobscots in Natural Chromexcel and British Tan around the end of Feb. We can also accommodate extended sizes and widths-narrows via special order if anyone needs them. And thanks for ordering - glad that you dig the new gear!
In a bizarre and ironic twist I also went to pick up my Epaulet gear from my beloved tailor today, cocoa and navy donegals to be exact, and for the first time in nearly 3 years that I have been going to him (almost monthly too) he asked where I bought these pants. It was something along the lines of "what is this Ehhhhpaullllleeeeette?" I briefly went over the history of the brand and he advised me that they were some of the best trousers he's ever worked on. You should see the suits this guy tailors, I'm talking some serious designer ****... He typically has a 2-4 week back log during oscar season if that says anything. Felt like a boss on my way to the car after that, thank god for Epaulet.
Awesome, thanks for posting this! Always great to hear about good feedback from tailors.
Mike and Adele: I was the guy with the computer glitch. Thanks for sorting that out. I appreciated your efforts to make things right.
Our pleasure Matt, thanks for your understanding and enjoy the jeans!
Mike: I was trying to purchase one of the Gant madras shirts you have on sale right now, but when I added it to my cart, it wanted me to check out at the full price. Wondering if this was a bug you could help fix. Thanks!
Ah, sorry about that - can you drop me a PM with what you're interested in? I'll get it sorted pronto.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When yall bring in more materials for your chinos, any chance those make it over into the Walts and Rudys? I fear the chinos would be a bit too slim for me, but wouldn't mind having a few more cotton options

nbernie

Reaction score

Yes, we're RADICALLY expanding our Chino program for the Spring. Our first delivery will be around mid-to-end February, and they'll be a bunch of new fabrics and colors to choose from. We also optimized our production, so restocks will come at more regular intervals. My goal is to have the chinos generally available in all sizes in several colors and fabrics, and run a bunch of special edition runs alongside those basics. Lots of good stuff to come!

Very good news! I'm looking to break into the rivet game this S/S. Mike or experienced wearers- If the 30 walt fits me perfectly would you recommend the 30 or 31 in rivet chinos. I was leaning towards 31 but any input would be appreciated.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

When yall bring in more materials for your chinos, any chance those make it over into the Walts and Rudys? I fear the chinos would be a bit too slim for me, but wouldn't mind having a few more cotton options

Well, the chinos generally run in between the Walt and Rudy fit.

If you take a Walt, then the chinos will definitely work. If you take a Rudy and it's not an especially tight fit on you, then there's a good chance that the chinos will work there too.

Last edited:

nathanl

Reaction score
Very good news! I'm looking to break into the rivet game this S/S. Mike or experienced wearers- If the 30 walt fits me perfectly would you recommend the 30 or 31 in rivet chinos. I was leaning towards 31 but any input would be appreciated.

I'm 30 in both Walt and Rivet and both fit great, for what it's worth.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Yes, we're RADICALLY expanding our Chino program for the Spring. Our first delivery will be around mid-to-end February, and they'll be a bunch of new fabrics and colors to choose from. We also optimized our production, so restocks will come at more regular intervals. My goal is to have the chinos generally available in all sizes in several colors and fabrics, and run a bunch of special edition runs alongside those basics. Lots of good stuff to come!

Yikes! I thought I got all the chinos I needed for a while. If there are upcoming color(s) that I need/want (medium or light grey??), I'm going to have to cop. Better make sure my wallet can take it! :tounge:

I have 3 pairs of Walts and 3 pairs of Rivets. They are all 32 and fit very well. I'd say the Rivets are slightly more snug than the Walts, but definitely not tight or anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads