Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. REguy

REguy Senior member

Can anyone comment on how to size these compared to Walt trousers?...same waist size or size down one to allow for stretching?

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I just called and Dylan said they are the same fit and measurements of the rivet chino...

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Sorry about your daughter, man. Ear infections suck. Mine have been lucky to avoid them for the most part, but the teeth of winter are upon us.

I must admit that, as Boston sports teams go, there are others with a better track record than the Sox's. In honor of your most excellent NYR pic from the other day, I had my wife take this one today (at the Disney on Ice show...not quite as cool as a hockey game):

[​IMG]

You probably can't tell from the grainy iPhone pic, but I'm wearing my OD ripstop rivets, floral button-up and #8 Alden longwings, all courtesy of Epaulet.

Oh, and for those of you with a less-trained sports eye, the venue is a glorified skating rink with a couple frilly rafter adornments (stylized using the very cool Camera+ iPhone app):

[​IMG]

Slightly better view of B's retired numbers:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

4. oisin

oisin Senior member

gah, no pictures from the kings game i went to monday night. i want to join the club. and no epaulet gear on that night either--the horrors!

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The Kurabo Smith jean is basically one-to-one with the Rivet Chino. You don't have to size down like crazy, but some customers did size down one for a really snug fit after break-in

Ah sorry, we only had a single unit in that. It was the first one to sell.

Ah guys, I'm really sorry about the delay on these. Alden had told me a few months ago that we would have them by Christmas, but they're still not here. I dropped them an email to follow up, but I probably won't hear back until after New Years. I feel bad - when we took those preorders, the delivery period was totally realistic, but everything went off the rails this year with Ravello, Whiskey, and Cigar.

They know that we took preorders against this style and I've been reassured that our order is a priority for Alden, so I'm optimistic that we'll get them soon. Unfortunately, just like all the other Alden dealers, it's mostly out of my hands. I know that they got the leather around mid-October, so we're just waiting on the actual production to come through. But, it will definitely be worth the wait! This is one of the best makeups that we've ever done.

6. NewYorkIslander

S'all good holmes, as I told you the other day, since I started wearing my rivets, i don't really wear jeans anymore, so its probably best, I'll pick up a rivet or two in the near future. Can;t wait for new styles/colors!

As far as the Brixtons, I'm totally psyched. Its kind of crummy that Alden does that with retailers like you guys and LS to name a few. Its one thing when its SFers who know the deal, but when its just random "civilians" (for lack of a better term) who don't understand how Alden works it can really hurt small business. Oh well, guess I'll have to do my part to make up for it and buy more gear.

KG, totally thought you photoshopped yourself in there...way cool that you were actually on the field, even if it is a glorified softball field! :D I have some cool shots ON the Garden ice during one of the season subscriber events two years ago, but that was BE (Before Epaulet) and BC (before children) so those tickets are long gone. One day when they;re older i hope to pick up a 2 season tickets for the family...that'll be fun!

7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Just to confirm, these Smith jeans have a 35 inch inseam? I seem to remember you guys have some denim with a 36. Was that a different fit?

8. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Damn! No 31s or 32s. If someone ends up wanting to get rid of a 31 or 32, I would gladly take them off your hand.

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Curious if you're still planning on announcing the trouser competition finalists today. There are a few of us with one or two hats in the ring, as you know. [​IMG]

10. NewYorkIslander

Why, whoever could you be referring to?:)

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Okay, so not to be a voice of dissent here but...

I bought a pair of Smiths true to my rivet chino size and really regretted it. I wish I had sized down from my normal 32 to a 31 or possibly even a 30. They just, for whatever reason, don't fit me as well as the rivet chinos do. In fact, my Smiths have turned into my denim that I wear when I'm going to a function where I don't want my clothes to be too fitted(like meeting a girl's parents for the first time, going to a biker bar, etc.).Maybe I got a weird pair in the batch, maybe my body is just weird, but this has just been my experience.

That said, it looks like there's a few people looking for a size 32. I'd totally be willing to trade mine for a pair of the same size Epaulet rivet chinos or Walt trousers in a color that I don't have(so long as they haven't been hemmed shorter than 30"). Shoot me a PM if you're interested. They're completely unaltered and have been worn less than a dozen times.

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We're working on it - had a little bit of crazy holiday rush in our shops which slowed things down. If not tonight, then definitely first thing tomorrow. Either way the voting will be up for a while, so they'll be plenty of time.

And rest assured, a little birdie told me that you've got an excellent chance of making the finals :thumbs-up:

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[​IMG]

That's interesting, and different from my experience. I'm a 32 in the Slim Walts, Rivet Chinos and Smith denim. Aside from the rise, I haven't noticed a significant difference. If anything, I've found the Smiths to be slightly snugger around the thighs, but that may be because the fabric gives less.

Quote: Totally understood, man. A crazy holiday rush can only be a good thing! More of a curiosity on my part than anything else. Can't wait to see how the voting shakes out even from an objective perspective.

(Oh, and tell that birdie the check's in the mail. [​IMG] )

- K

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

14. applky

applky Senior member

To back this up -- I have the Ravello Brixton from the original run, and on several occasions when I've worn them into the shop recently, Mike has told me how concerned he is about the pre-order folks for Alden's late delivery on these. So rest assured that he's been on it even if there hasn't been much forum chat about it.

15. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I too purchased a pair of Smiths in my Rudy/Chino size and had to return them as I felt they were just a touch too big and knowing denim can stretch, I did not want to chance it. Just my 2 cents.