STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.
Fantastic, KG. And the hot chocolate looks great, too.
Could someone summarize and tell me what exactly is the "epaulet contest?"
* Fit pics must feature Epaulet-branded trousers (Walt or Rudy), Rivet Chinos, or Smith/Hoyt jeans. No other epaulet-branded clothing is needed for the image.
* You can post the pics right here in our affiliate thread. Especially awesome shots will be cross-posted to Epaulet's Tumblr/Twitter/Facebook.
* Two winners will be announced. For the "popular choice" winner, our staff will narrow down all the entries to 5-7 finalists. That winner will then be chosen by Styleforum vote from the finalists. The second winner will be chosen by random ballot. Each member will receive one ballot for posting at least one pic in our trousers/chinos/jeans. There is a maximum of one ballot per member. That winner will then be chose at random.
* Quality photography is encouraged! As we'll do the initial edit for the Popular Choice winner, I'd be more inclined to choose a well-composed and cool photo of a guy with a simple outfit then a totally dressed-up dude shooting himself in a bedroom mirror. It's not about how amazing your overall wardrobe is, it's about how much energy and creativity you dedicate to the project.
* Please submit no more than one image per trouser that you own (Montage images can count as one individual shot)
* Deadline for Submission is Midnight, Monday Dec 26th . The finalist thread for voting will go up on Tuesday the 28th, with the winner announced Thursday the 30th. We extended the submission period a few days as we figure a lot of guys will turn it out a bit for Christmas, and that's a good excuse to get dressed up and have someone shoot pics of you.
* The two winners will each receive a custom pair of Epaulet "Christmas" pants. They can choose the size (28 through 36) and the fit (Walt or Rudy). The trousers will come unfinished for maximum cuff potential.
OK, it's on!!!
Thanks, guys. Camera is a Canon EOS Rebel XS.
Quoted for FIYAH!
Agreed. After I got the Strawberry Thief, I was trying to decide between the Koi and the Bourbon Paisley. Went with the latter, but still planning to add the former.
When you pick one up, post shots!
This ensemble is great, man. Especially love the Shaggy Dog. \m/
I have a question.
On the red trousers I'm interested in, the description states: "Note: As these trousers are machine washable, they are sized slightly larger than the measurements below to allow for shrinkage. After a machine wash and warm tumble dry, they will shrink to these specifications. "
But in this picture in the link below, the tag states "DRY CLEAN ONLY". Which is the correct method?
I'm not Mike, but I've asked him the same question before, as I own a pair of those pants in a different color.
IIRC, his response was that all of Epaulet's cotton pants are 100% machine washable, and that the explanation behind the tag is due to the fact that he has a surplus of those "DRY CLEAN ONLY" tags.
I've washed mine a bunch of times, and I can attest to the fact that they are machine washable.
Ah, here we go:
any pic with a classy looking lady gets my vote. btw, is this in Venice Beach?
Spoiler: Warning: Spoiler!
Nice. ID on the socks?
i like your accessories
Stunning pictures, all. Wish I could get my act together quick enough to compete.
Just received the shadow plaids - beautiful subtle, but noticeable plaid. Still lusting after the tartans from last year as pictured in SVB's post.
Wondering if anyone can comment on the consistency of fit (length in particular) from pair to pair...can I drop off the new walts and have my taylor hem them to the same length as my pair of flannels or have any of you experienced slight inconsistencies necessitating a fit for each pair.
I'd say that you should definitely make sure due to the way that the fabric will drape. Plus, it's a very nice and fairly expensive pair of pants. Spend the 15 minutes to ensure you get the correct length.
Submission #3: Patterns, Pops and...PANTS!
British Khaki Twill Rivet Chinos
Separate names with a comma.