Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Curses for being in between medium and large with Gitman!

Ah, you never know. I've got a Gitman M oxford which fits perfectly. But I tried on some of the lightweight plaids this year and they were way too small. It's not that consistent, so there might be a 'lil something that fits right.

2. APK

APK Senior member

Wouldn't a thinner fabric make for a less constricting fit, instead of a slimmer one?

3. Epaulet

Wouldn't a thinner fabric make for a less constricting fit, instead of a slimmer one?

It would seem so, but when you keep the same cutting patterns on shirts and trousers, thicker fabric actually makes up bigger. You see the same thing in our Walt trouser - the thick moleskin makes up bigger than the thinner wool flannel.

These differences are small, and most customers don't even notice it. Certainly not substantial enough to size up or down for the majority of people. The only time its really a consideration is for guys who are at the very edge of a size. If a customer wears a flannel and it's skin tight then I'll advise them to go up one size on a pima cotton shirt.

4. breakz

breakz Senior member

Hey Mike, what color is the multicolored gingham's base? Black or navy? I'm hoping that's navy...

That shirt's on Valet via Sartorially Inclined today...great swatch pick, it's getting tons of press! And when do we get to see your McNairy collab?

5. Epaulet

Hey Mike, what color is the multicolored gingham's base? Black or navy? I'm hoping that's navy... That shirt's on Valet via Sartorially Inclined today...great swatch pick, it's getting tons of press! And when do we get to see your McNairy collab?
    It's a navy base. When you see the fabric in person, the white and the royal blue really jump out at you. And yes, we were thrilled to see Sart. Inc's writeup on it. Lawrence has a good eye and we have a hardcore Hall & Oates karaoke session scheduled in the near future. It's not everyday that you encounter someone with both good taste in menswear and a severe appreciation for the blue-eyed soul boys from Philly. This shirt's going to be bananas. I've taken about 24 reservations for it so far, so definitely drop me a PM soon if you're interested in one. And McNairy styles are going up in about 5 min. We've got great stuff to show...

6. Epaulet

Hey guys,

We've got three new styles and a crucial re-stock of our best-selling Navy/Tan Saddle shoe. I posted them below. As always, these are leather lined, made of full-grain leather or suede, and benchmade in Northamptonshire, UK. Huge photos and full descriptions are available at the shop links.

Also, after several months of selling these, we can confidently advise our customers to size down one half from their normal dress shoe size. The fit is comparable to the Alden Barrie & Tru-Balance last. Feel free to PM or call me with any questions.

[​IMG]
    Captoe Boot Brown Suede: $325

[​IMG]
    Crepe Sole Chukka boot in Waxy Brown Cowhide: $365

[​IMG]
    Field Boot in Black Waxy Cowhide: $395

[​IMG]
    Navy/Tan Saddle Shoe: $295

7. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Mike,
    Should I size down 1/2 from the Thorogoods (which are an 11) for the suede captoes?
    Thanks...Jamie

8. Epaulet

Mike,
    Should I size down 1/2 from the Thorogoods (which are an 11) for the suede captoes?
    Thanks...Jamie

Hey Jamie,

Actually, you'd probably want to go up one size. The Throgoods ran a full size big, while these are a half - so I'd recommend the 11.5D.

I took a 9D in those and take a 9.5D in McNairy.

And these are bad as hell with jeans. My god.

9. Epaulet

Hey guys,

We're doing a full re-stock of Epaulet Pinpoint Oxfords. Just got the UK fabric today, so they should be here by the end of the month. We'll have:

1. Blue Pinpoint with Buttondown Collar & Pocket(re-stock of previous style)

2. Lavender Pinpoint with Buttondown Collar & Pocket(incredible color for Spring)

3. White Pinpoint with Point Collar & Pocket (A classic, and a very workable textured dress shirt with this collar)

Outside of the Pinpoints, we'll also re-stock our Navy Tartan shirt - possibly the best pima cotton match for indigo denim yet. They'll be pearl trocas shell buttons on all four styles.

Oh, and just to remind everyone, we extend a 14-day refund policy to all SF members. So you can always return something for a full refund if it doesn't work for any reason.

Also, reserving a shirt or pair of trousers doesn't require any kind of deposit. Just a PM or e-mail. I just hold a piece for you and I'll send you an image once it's made up. This is just my way of ensuring that everyone who wants an item gets it - as much as possible.

Thanks,
    Mike

10. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Epaulet kiilin' it as usual!!!
    Can't wait for my first Epaulet purchases...exploded check flannel and black wool trousers.

11. Epaulet

[​IMG]

Hey guys,

Need a gift? We put together a little something for the ladies called the "Girlfriend" shirt. It's done in the same pima cotton flannel as our mens shirts, and we gave it a comfortable fit that's relaxed but still well tailored. They've been selling really well in the store. And if you've already got an Epaulet flannel, then this is invaluable if you want to stop her from borrowing your shirt all the time.

There's two colors to choose from. We've got bigger pics and full measurements at the shop link. If you have any questions about sizing, please feel free to PM or e-mail us anytime.

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Girlfriend Shirt Purple: $98

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Girlfriend Shirt Red: $98

12. ecs135

ecs135 Well-Known Member

^ I bought the red one for my friend, and it was a huge hit. Excellent shirt, she loves it.

13. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Any update on the sportcoats?

14. Epaulet

Any update on the sportcoats?
    ' Yup, they'll be online any day now, just finishing up the measurements. Sorry it's taking so long! Also, if you're in the market for a great Spring jacket, we've got a bunch of things coming. Here's a little preview of some of my favorites. Sorry for no pics on the first two: 1. Schott Horsehide Leather Jacket - about $600-$650 This has a small collar, front patch pockets, and a great fit. It has the fit of the Schott slim cafe racer, but with an easier and slightly longer shape. It's done in black horsehide which is stiff as hell at first. Really stiff. As in you could take a shotgun blast to the chest stiff. We'll get them at the end of the month. One of the best leather jackets that I've ever seen. 2. Vanson for Epaulet Waxed Cotton Riding Jacket - about $400 This will be our first collab. piece with Vanson. It's an old-school style in the vein of the Belstaff Trialmaster and Barbour International jacket. We did it in jet black, full cotton liner, and no logos whatsoever. It's done in rugged US waxwear fabric. Should be here mid-Feb. [​IMG] 3. Gant Rugger Bonded Cotton Jacket: $295 This jacket is awesome! Water-resistant bonded cotton with a clean taped interior and double-zip front. See larger pic [​IMG] 4. Gant Rugger Reversible Harrington: about $250-$265 Very cool piece - classic harrington shape which reverses from navy nylon to a cream-based plaid. See full size

15. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member