1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

Just heard that my Epaulet delivery has arrived in Hong Kong right on time for my trip there tomorrow!I've got four pairs of trousers waiting for me (flannel lovat green, twill moss, and indigo-dyed striped linen walts, as well as the plum rivets) and they're all going to be killer - appropriate enough as I'll be picking them up on Fri. 13th!

The team at Epaulet were really great in consolodating a couple of separate orders into one delivery whilst I sorted out a shipping address. Too bad I couldn't also pick up a pair of the gun-metal rivets in the last re-stock. Next time though ....

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

3. applky

applky Senior member

Agreed.

Although I tend to wear ties with Walts, they work with chinos as well. The tie itself, though, is best if it's on the casual side. If you wear a 4" wide diagonal stripe silk tie from wherever with rivet chinos, it'll look terrible. My Epaulet ties, though, all work well with chinos.

There's an awesome picture of Matt (leftofthedial) wearing denim, the red chambray shirt from last spring, and an Ashland tie, but I can't find it. It's an excellent example of the casual tie look if anyone can find it.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Awesome, glad that you're enjoying them!
    Yes, got a couple things: The two new Ashland shirts (summer plaid, pink gingham) Our BIG-ASS Southwick Spring delivery (including the jackets that complete the Navy Super 120's and Loro Piana Tonal Glen Plaid suits) About 96 pairs of Rivet Chinos. Not sure exactly what styles we're getting, but we should have them online Friday. Carmina's and Marcello jackets are en-route now. After customs and whatnot, we should be in a position to launch them next week. We also have a bunch of womens stuff going up. Adele designed a few NYC-made pieces to complement our existing shirts and shirt dresses. Quite a few guys regularly buy our women's items as gifts for their ladies, so might be something there for y'all. And, here's some good stuff coming in two weeks. This is a cut pile from our next run of Regiment Twills: [​IMG] You can see our new colors in there: Golden Brown, Royal Blue, Black, and Racing Green Twill. After that is Cloud, Moss, Khaki, Navy, and Gunmetal.
    I'd definitely recommend a Large. I think that it's going to be a good fit - and most likely fit you better than both R&B and BoO.
    Thanks for posting the question! The clay chinos that we have are the original cut and design - with the metal tack buttons. I think getting a 31 will be safe for you. We can always get you into a different pair if they don't work. In terms of shirts, I'm thinking Medium as well. Chances are you could do either, but there's a good possibility that the Small will be too small. If the Medium is big, I think that it will be by a very small degree.
    Ah man, that sucks! There's no real way to take bleach out. I'd follow the other members' advice and just wear them as beater pants. Down the road you'll put some additional wear on them and you won't notice it so much. It's always terrible when a garment or shoe that you love gets a big stain, scratch, or mark, but these things tend to be less of a concern if you wear it a few times.
    Boo yaa. Tumbl'd that!
    You bet! Probably get those in the next 6 weeks or so.
    Ah fantastic, glad that it made it there safely. Thanks again! And enjoy Hong Kong! That's one of my favorite cities to visit. I love it there.
    There's pitfalls with both jeans. Pair your blazer with dark jeans and you're in danger of looking like a J.Crew mannequin. Pair them with distressed jeans and you're in danger of looking like Simon Cowell. It all depends on the fit and the other pieces that you incorporate into the look. Generally, I like washed jeans with more tailored pieces like the Caine and Weller jackets. It's a nice contrast and a great way to make a dressier piece casual. I like really dark or raw denim with tweed and flannel jackets. And I actually think that your tie fits that look just fine. For casual ties, I always recommend to stay away from shiny silk ties, but a item like the knit tie that you're wearing looks just fine.

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Very excited about the Carminas and to see these new jackets.

Will be looking to get a hold of a pair of the Rivets in my size in a good color.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Awesome look....starting to make me want the Plum Rivets on the next restock, and I'm in desperate need of some blue suede.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  7. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Thanks for the hints! In fact, while I was pondering these issues, the red/white/blue madras in Medium was gone.. I assume this was a come-and-go item, so no restock?

8. Epaulet

We may restock it one more time - it's actually been brought in twice so far. We should have the Red Sunset Madras in your size though. If you dig the color, then that's the same weight of cloth as the red/white/blue.

********************************************************************************************

And I've got a little preview shot for you guys. Next week, we're going to launch an "Epaulet Friends" feature. I've always considered doing lookbooks, but it's tough given the nature of our deliveries. We don't have seasonal collections and I don't usually make samples ahead of time. But I wanted to show our clothing in a stylish way and also show some ideas for how pieces can be worn together.

"Epaulet Friends" will be a monthly feature dedicated to this. We'll invite someone cool, turn our Manhattan store into a studio, and shoot them in a bunch of looks that show off our current assortment at that time. We'll do a short Q&A to accompany it. Hopefully this can become a signature thing for us, and it will be a light-hearted way to present our line.

Dave Ortiz is going to be our first featured "model." He's the former Team Manager of Zoo York Skateboards and a legend in the NYC scene. He's also a hilarious guy and potentially the biggest Bad Brains fan on Earth. I'll post it up next week, and I'm excited to hear what you guys think!

[​IMG]

9. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Great, you have any estimates? Probably towards the summer?

Looking forward to seeing some terrific shots with the looks!

10. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Cool stuff in the works, look fwd to it!

Can't believe the Optic WHite is sitting around like it is. I had mine on today, wishing perhaps for some more colorful weather...pretty damn grey today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

showing the canal who is boss eh?

what are those killer boots?

13. NewYorkIslander

lol, AldenxSE. I love the canal...supposedly swimming in it can both cause and cure certain cancers. Seriously, the history of it and the American Revolution is astounding...I won't bore the thread readers though...

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

This is fantastic.

Also, it appears NYR is stepping up his photo game... [​IMG]

15. NewYorkIslander

MM, enjoy it while it lasts, I'm going back to work next week.

16. Epaulet

These are great! Did you shoot that with the new DSLR? And you were like 4 blocks from our condo.

Really, what's its connection to the American Revolution?

17. applky

applky Senior member

Would also like to know.

Killer pics, too.

18. LankyFellow

LankyFellow Active Member

I took a decently long break from checking into the forum so this might have been answered already, but I saw that Epaulet was listed as a vendor in the 10 year anniversary in SF. Does this mean you guys are actually coming out here with clothes and such? That would be awesome and would make me actually hop over from Oakland so that I could nail down my size on certain things. Also would be cool to meet the guys I am always bugging through messages.

19. NewYorkIslander

Nope, just a plain ole iPhone...we're getting the new snapper next week. We can't ship to our place cause the mailman just leaves stuf in the lobby and people steal shit...:(.

Was at the shop to pick up the Mocs and swapped out the OCBD for the linen stars shirt....its so awesome.

As for the AR, the whole area surrounding the Canal was swampy marshlands. In fact, 4th Avenue used to be called "Shore Rd" cause its where the shore line used to be. Anyway, end of August 1776, the British fleet had basically took over all of NY Harbor (was the largest marine invasion in human history until D-Day). Finally, the British began debarking at what is now the VZ Narrows Bridge. It took them a good couple of days to march the length of 4th Ave (Shore Rd) to 3rd Street (where the Old Stone House now stands). It took them longer than anticipated because, as most Augusts are in NYC, miserably hot and humid, and the troops who were marching were Hessians and Red Coats. On their way they were taking target practice on farmers' watermelons, a fruit which the German mercinaries had never seen before in Germany. Knowing how hot Augusts are here, you can imagine that upon seeing all the water and beautifully red fruit, these guys all decided to grab some, and much to their commanders' dismay, they were delayed a couple of days. Those days allowed George Washington to march his troops from Battle Bass (in Prospect Park) down what is now 1st Street, across the Gowanus, but by the time they were making their escape, the Hessians had finally made it along with a whole other regiment of British regulars who were advancing from Gravesend and chasing behind the Americans through Prospect Park. (i believe it was 20,000 total) and something like 6500 Americans. Washingon was able to get the majority of his men across the canal into Brooklyn Heights where they made a dangerous night crossing during a huge Noreaster (which would have had the humidity building unbearably in the days prior...think about those 4th Ave Watermelons again...*no not those watermelons, get your minds out of the gutter*) Anyway, wshington had asked Lord Sterling and a regiment from Delaware and Maryland (about 400 of them) to hold off the oncoming British and allow the rest of his army to escape. They did, but were forced to sacrifice so many men. They held the British at the Old Stone House just long enough to get Washington and his army across the Gowanus. Had Washington been met by the 10,000 or so redcoats, the Revolution would have been over on the spot, but because of the sacrifice of those 400 men, we were able to escape, regroup, and eventually exit Manhattan into Jersey, scoop around the Delaware River and raid Trenton on Christmas night, which is when the war began in earnest to be one between two armies of numbers and able men, not just a group of 2500 or so rag tag militias.

Supposedly many men were shot down in the Gowanus and the swap surrounding it and many are buried in unmarked graves below 3rd Ave between 8th and 1st Sts. The old U-Haul depot was the site for one of those grave sites for those brave heroes who were the first of many to sacrifice for this land. Many of those who died had surrendured and were supposedly bayoneted by the Hessians who were leading the charge against the Marylanders there.

Really cool piece of NYC History, that most have no idea about, as in many text books, its only mentioned in passing as the "Battle of Long Island" or the "Battle of Brooklyn".

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. applky

applky Senior member

^ So cool NYR. I used to live on 5th Ave and 1st St, and wish I had known more about the history of that area sooner.

(Also I love your constant references to NYC humidity.)