• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no ya don't, Mike. Your post didn't come through to my quote, but I already have an idea of what you were going to say and I can't listen to you right now.

You're currently playing the role of the character on the right and can't be trusted. :decisions:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - check you pms brotha

Also I am looking to pick a steamer for my place. Any particular brands or models that you would recommend?

nbernie

Reaction score
A shadow plaid suit would be so incredibly badass I can't even understand it. Mike, was this the last winter pant delivery? Have some Ep credit and want to make sure the season's over before I allocate the funds to shadow blue and oxford grey.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Also I am looking to pick a steamer for my place. Any particular brands or models that you would recommend?

Mike I think you answered this before but I'd like a reminder what the answer was as well.

Also, any more thoughts on that WAYWT contest you were mulling about a few weeks back? I mean, not that you've been busy or anything...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat as Frank. Getting ready to pull the trigger on some Walts for the first time, but with over $1100 in the shopping cart, something's gotta go and I really don't want it to be the Aldens...or anything else. Maybe a quick look at my credit card balance will help bring back to sanity.

It does add up, doesn't it?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike - check you pms brotha Also I am looking to pick a steamer for my place. Any particular brands or models that you would recommend?
Mike I think you answered this before but I'd like a reminder what the answer was as well.
As I'm probably getting one myself soon, I looked it up. Seems that the forum "search this thread" feature actually works, on occasion. :)
Get a steamer! We use this one at the store:
11MQPQ61CCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Conair-GS7R-Co...5180250&sr=1-6
ir
It runs $60 and it's worth every cent. No ironing board is necessary. There's much less danger of burning the fabric. And it bangs out a cotton shirt in no time.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up grabbing the last pairs of size 34 Donegal tweeds in Cocoa and Navy. Hopefully I'll have a little bit more time to regroup and hit up the new plaids around Christmas.

oisin

Reaction score

Whew, got caught up on PM's and finally getting to respond to everyone. First off:
Oh, and to that end, I have some feedback on digital cameras (a few members PM me about this stuff)
Iphone 4S: Although it seems crazy, I can confidently say that the Iphone 4S is officially my favorite camera of all time. More than my Rolleiflex 3.5. More than the Leica M3 that I used to own. They always say that the best camera is the one that you have on you, and it helps that (1) the camera has shockingly good white balance and resolution and (2) you can run apps on it, do a ton of processing to each photo, and immediately upload it.
If you have the 4 and like shooting photos, then definitely upgrade to the 4S. It's worth it just for the camera.
Canon S95 / S100: Best compact camera that I've ever used. Not necessarily better than the 4S during the daytime, but unbelievable at night and with a flash. Party shots with a flash are among the best saturated and exposed that I've seen. It's a nice compliment to the 4S because the Iphone's LED flash is shite.
Ricoh GR Digital IV: I'm surprised by how much I like this camera. Very fun to use, and the fixed wide angle lens is great. In-camera effects are cool too.
Fuji X100: Pain ********** to use. Slow to shoot, slow to focus, has this stupid macro mode. But once you get the hang of it, the photos are incredible. DSLR quality - maybe a bit better - but with a look and character all of their own.
Canon 5D Mark II: If you have semi-pro aspirations of shooting then upgrade to a full frame camera like the 5D. It's worth the extra money, and the body will really retain its value if you care for it. I shoot almost all of the online shop images with this camera.

just lost my 3GS in a cab and the driver said he didn't find it (yeah right?). sooo looks like I'll be picking up a 4S. Good to hear it's got a sweet camera. Very important to have a good camera in a phone. the Fuji X100 sounds awesome. I want one (well i want a leica m9 but that ain't happening). i have a 7d, which is what i took to switzerland, but even with just one lens that was a heavy carry.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody own the Navy/Black Micro Tattersall?

What are you pairing it up with color-wise?

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to take out the seat of a pair of Walts? Mine fit great in the waist but a bit tight **********. I know there's extra fabric to let them in or out, but that's more for the waist then ass, right?

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it possible to take out the seat of a pair of Walts? Mine fit great in the waist but a bit tight **********. I know there's extra fabric to let them in or out, but that's more for the waist then ass, right?

As soon as I finish up finals, I'll be dropping mine off for this operation. It seems I've grown in the thigh and the seat, and will now require the Rudy. There's definitely extra fabric to be let, though. I'll let you know when I get mine down if you haven't heard anything definitive before then.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my custom 44L jacket - AWESOME. I need to tailor it a little bit in the waist and maybe take the sleeves up ~1/2" but it's awesome right out of the box. I will definitely be doing the gray suit in the future.

Good to hear your special order turned out great! Mine was delivered yesterday but I'm out of town until Sunday, so I won't be able to pick it up from the rental office at my apt complex until Monday....this is like seeing the Christmas present sitting under a tree and having to wait 3 days to open it up! I will probably take it to my tailor mid-next week, so it will still be another week and a half or so from now before I can finally wear it, which will be about 2 months since I originally placed the order. Hopefully it's worth the wait :nodding:

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liberty Bourbon Paisley arrived today. Navy wool/cashmere trou Monday (hopefully).

You guys need to get your balls in gear and start donning some of these excellent Liberty button-ups.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads