• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
epaulet is my favorite forum affiliate. i dont care where in the states i end up if there's a store like epaulet nearby

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Multicolor Gingham Twill
4249434062_c65f3fa4ff_m.jpg

I've got to remember to buy this when it comes out (if it's button collar that is!).

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And my god, I LOVE the floral pattern. The ground isn't white, it's this perfect shade of cream.

We're thinking point collar/chest pocket. Or is a buttondown better?

I'd prefer point, but I'm noncommittal either way, at least until I see the shirt done up.

How easy would it be to pattern match the chest pocket? lol.

pistolero

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is MTM ever an option for the shirts? I'm mainly concerned with sleeve length. Thanks.

line.theory

Reaction score

I'm normally in favour of button-down collars but I reckon point might work really well for this shirt. Now I just have to figure out whether I can pull this pattern off.

nonissue

Reaction score
man those boots are sick.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This are the first two, but we'll have all sorts of good stuff. Our expanded production is in place, and we'll be making shirts like crazy throughout the season. Like the Fall's gingham flannel, I'm hunting all over for great fabrics with a special look.

And my god, I LOVE the floral pattern. The ground isn't white, it's this perfect shade of cream.

Point collar sounds good but I think a club collar could look nice, if you would even be into that. I'm normally not into printed patterns but gosh, I can't get over how beautiful the flower print is!

raginberriodoom

Reaction score

1. Epaulet Sportcoats, Walt Navy Trousers, Epaulet suit separates (online this week, I promise!)

2. First Spring Delivery of Mark McNairy footwear (online this week)

3. Exploded Check Flannel and Walt Moleskin & Flannel trouser restock (around Jan 15th)

Are the Walt Navy Trousers also going to be moleskin?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Point collar sounds good but I think a club collar could look nice, if you would even be into that. I'm normally not into printed patterns but gosh, I can't get over how beautiful the flower print is!

I was thinking point but you're absolutely right--a club collar would KILL on this thing.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
I'd prefer point, but I'm noncommittal either way, at least until I see the shirt done up.

How easy would it be to pattern match the chest pocket? lol.

Probably a pain **********, but that's why we pay our workshop the big bucks. I'll have to see the pattern when it arrives, we'll be able to match it if it repeats in a small enough space. It's a wide roll, so it might be too varigated to match. I'm gonna keep hope alive.

Originally Posted by pistolero
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is MTM ever an option for the shirts? I'm mainly concerned with sleeve length. Thanks.

Unfortunately no - we just work with our one standard shape. But the sleeve length is good for most of our customers. PM me if you have any questions or need more detailed measurements.

Oh man, I would love to do a club collar. This is our first floral print, and I searched all over to find something classic that strikes the right balance of dandy & bright with masculine & easy to wear. I think that we're going to roll with a point collar for this first one to keep it easy - and the print will speak for itself.

That said, we'll surely bring in some more florals as the season goes on. I'm down for doing a small quantity of club collars for a batch down the road. I'd seriously wear that every day.

And not to spill the beans too much, but we'll have a Walt trouser in bordeaux cotton around March. Imagine that with this shirt! Pair of white bucks? Good goddamn.

Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
Are the Walt Navy Trousers also going to be moleskin?

Yes, the Navy Walt's that we're restocking are the moleskin ones. Definitely PM me if you're interested in a pair, I've got a bunch on reserve already.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the patterns are nice but basicsp lease!

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When do you think the two shirts will be released? I have to say, you guys at Epaulet are on a roll. I'm so excited for coming stuff.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the same cut as the black tartan? Are all of your shirts that same cut, for the most part?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When do you think the two shirts will be released? I have to say, you guys at Epaulet are on a roll. I'm so excited for coming stuff.

Thank you sir. Fabric should arrive in about a week, so we're looking at a first to second week of Feb release for these. Probably first week.

Originally Posted by Caveat
Is this the same cut as the black tartan? Are all of your shirts that same cut, for the most part?

Yes, all our shirts have the same exact cut. These will feel a bit slimmer due to the thinner fabric, but they have the same measurements.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the patterns are nice but basics please!

And we'll be hooking up more pinpoint oxfords shortly - probably by the end of the month. Changing out Salt & Pepper for White and keeping Burgundy & Blue.

For more casual basics, we'll carry both Gitman Vintage and Gant Rugger Selvedge oxfords. So we'll have it covered from a few different price points.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads