Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kidamerica17

kidamerica17 Well-Known Member

2. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Hmm this is very strange. Did not know there was a restock planned. I thought the new pants were coming in Tues and it was just 3 flannels.

3. applky

applky Senior member

In this spirit, cross-posting these. They are stock 403s, conditioned but never polished, bought at Epaulet.

[​IMG]

Dirty carpet -- apologies.

[​IMG]

There's a natural, almost mottled coloration you can begin to see in the toe. (In reality, this antique look is present elsewhere around the boot as well, but it's very difficult to show with just a phone camera.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture came out terribly, but after a long day of wear, my Ravello Brixtons also needed some shining. The Ravello Brixtons have also been treated with no polish, only conditioners. The side of the boot, which is a solid piece of Ravello shell cordovan, is beginning to reveal the horse's natural mottled coloration and grain variation -- all the while staying moisturized and shined.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

:cheers:

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks guys, Carmina got a great reception with our launch on Friday. It's really exciting. I absolutely love these shoes, and they've been a phenomenal hit with our customers. We're going to really expand on our collection within the next months, and we'll have a few exclusive shapes and leathers to offer as well. The Carmina people are a dream to work with.

Absolutely. I'll probably stick with easy colors like snuff and sand. I'm still ordering Spring shoes, so feel free to post up any styles that you fancy. I'm totally open to suggestions.

Wow. Part of me feels badly for you, and another part is rabidly jealous.

Thank you sir, let me know what you think after it arrives!

Oh no, it hasn't happened yet. I'll give you guys a 48-hour heads up before we do it. The main thing is that we need to inventory all of the denim, and our staff just hasn't had the time to do it yet.

Thanks for pointing this out. Of course the shell cordovan is as radiant as ever, but I can't stress enough how nice Carmina's calf skin is. It's really gorgeous, and is its burnishing, hand, and finish is among the best I've ever seen from any brand.

And tough choice between the double monks and the chelsea boot. I've had a lot of customers asking for double monks, so they're all selling pretty fast. But the Chelsea's been strong, which is really exciting for me. I love that style, and it's not something that's often well-executed. The Carmina chelsea is hands-down the best model I've ever seen for anything near this price. It's gorgeous, and that burgundy calf is ready to bring some serious pain with all the Dongeal tweed trousers that we put out.

Haha, this looks familiar. Agreed that this is an ass-kicking look. Adele got a kick out of the fact we were wearing the same trousers.

Nice, those look boss on you!

Agreed, we're going to step up our fit pics too over here. Here's one from me. I'm having a party from the knees down today:

[​IMG]

Walt Navy Marl
    Alden for Epaulet Brixton boot in Color #8 Shell
    Comme Des Garcons socks (we don't carry these, I bought them at the store and they're freaking awesome)

7. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Great to hear there are more Carmina styles on the way...I have an empty credit card that loves Carmina's!!

8. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

My suggestion for input from the group...

The last of the Carver boot in a two or three eyelet plain toe made with the same caramel calfskin as the Salinger. Sort of a mash up of the Carver last, the Ashbery eyelets and the Salinger calfskin, but not a boot. Optional cap toe or short wing in black contrast stitching. But my first choice is plain toe.

9. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

How about something like this
    [​IMG]

Either by Carmina or Alden (who made the ones above)

Also a Ravello jumper for next F/W???
    [​IMG]

10. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

I like these a lot. Jumper is fantastic. Also Mike — I think some dainite soles would be a super. Can Carmina do dainite?

11. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Alden Ravello wingtip boots on the Plaza last with a reverse welt and natural finished soles! :slayer:

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:slayer:

13. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

In all seriousness Mike- would you be willing to do a SF collab for Carmina and or Alden? We make a list of what we would like to see and then the top vote getter goes into production if X number of people commit to it? :fonz:

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Order now and I'm sure they will come in by 2014. :foo: The current batch of Brixton still hasn't arrived yet.

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

We've done this already with a couple Alden makeups recently. I'd be willing to coordinate this as I did with the last two. Mike, are you game? If we can get our design finalized by the end of the year, we could have a new shoe or boot in hand by the fall.

- K