• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my charcoal Heirloom cardigan from the mailroom today... this thing is absolutely sick, definitely one of the best knits I own right now. My only regret is getting online at 1:05 when the sale dropped; wish I could have nabbed the Blackwatch cardigan too :eek:

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
to everyone posting just to say what they've purchased or received: you guys need to seriously step up your game and start posting photos so we can see how you're wearing this stuff in everyday life. NYR, kg and I can't be the only ones...

this thread is worthless without pics!

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rec'd cocoa tweed today. Fit is spot on. So pleased. Struggling not to buy a second pair :(

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to everyone posting just to say what they've purchased or received: you guys need to seriously step up your game and start posting photos so we can see how you're wearing this stuff in everyday life. NYR, kg and I can't be the only ones...

+1

And don't forget the requisite public restroom pic.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the cocoa and wheat donegal's in the mail today. Going to leave work at lunch and see if I can talk my tailor into having them hemmed in a 24 hour period. They usually take about a week to do this sort of work and I'm leaving town Thursday for a week. Really want to take one, if not both, with me.
What are you guys pairing the brown and wheat with?

A week for a hem? Bizarre.

All of those donegals are natural matches for #8 and Ravello shell. I'm wearing my donegals today, and personally like a gingham or tattersall with it.

And don't forget the requisite public restroom pic.

Extra points awarded if other bathroom denizens are in the pic.

iluvatar

Reaction score

A week for a hem? Bizarre.

Haha, I get so envious of everybody here who lives in a city with decent tailors. Right now I'm in a small mid-west college town where it seems all the tailors have some sort of racket going on. $12 for a hem, $22 to get the waist taken out, guaranteed to take at least a week if not more, and mediocre stitching to top it all off...

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In that case:

Double herringbone, double donegal.

Gant Bastian FW11 donegal SC (from Epaulet)
Ashland cutaway tattersall
Epaulet FW10 burnt umber walts
Marcoliani navy herringbone socks
Alden #8 Aberdeen captoes

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay. Quick snap with my iPhone.
Don't even remember what the the pants are but they have a bit of green in them and they are flannel. Picked them up a few months ago when Mike put them on sale.
Epaulet trousers
BB extra slim fit shirt
Alden #8 cap toe boot
a6934d59-f367-906c.jpg

unclesam099

Reaction score

Haha, I get so envious of everybody here who lives in a city with decent tailors. Right now I'm in a small mid-west college town where it seems all the tailors have some sort of racket going on. $12 for a hem, $22 to get the waist taken out, guaranteed to take at least a week if not more, and mediocre stitching to top it all off...

First off, Go Boilers :p

But if you ever feel compelled to take matters into your own hands, buy a small sewing machine and do it yourself - it's quick and easy to do a hem, and it's not hard to do the waist on these trousers. Just learn on a lesser pant first and then do it yourself! Think of each $12 and $22 that you could save by getting your own machine.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Good god....I pay $20 for a hem, $30 for waist, and wait at least a week. Stitching is good though!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good god....I pay $20 for a hem, $30 for waist, and wait at least a week. Stitching is good though!

Bay Ridge, eh?

(Joking -- of course Ercoles charges these prices for their work deservedly.)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads