Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Did you by chance go to Wu Lyf at the Troubadour?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

2. homefloyd

homefloyd Well-Known Member

Maybe this will help: http://web.extension.illinois.edu/stain/

3. oisin

oisin Senior member

hahahaha indeed i did. impressive deductive reasoning. were you there too?

4. oisin

oisin Senior member

thanks. i tried a lot of things last night. got a little out but i think i noticed too late and the ink set. so i have a small black spot on my pocket. :facepalm: i really detest stains. but i really like these pants (and they are just a month old!) so i'll try to keep wearing them. time to buy another pair of chinos....

5. applky

applky Senior member

Rivets are machine washable. Resolve is an excellent stain removing spray for finer fabrics (comes in a green bottle). Pre-treat and wash with warm water.

6. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

A couple of quick questions:

First, have you ever stocked Alden plain toe bluchers in #8? You have them in black but I can't remember seeing them in any other colours. If so, do you plan on ordering more at any point?

Second, I think you said earlier that you weren't going to be getting any Southwick topcoats this year, besides the tweed. Would you consider offering a basic wool, say a charcoal or navy, just for special orders? I'm finding it surprisingly hard to find a basic, dependable topcoat, but I don't think I could pull off that tweed :)

Also I picked up the blue tweed jacket, and it's fantastic. Can't recommend it highly enough if you want a well-made heavy tweed, and the colour is just mottled enough to be interesting but still easy to wear with just about anything. It'll be getting a lot of use this winter.

7. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Sure as hell was, I was not about to mosh in my rivets and A.P.C. loafers, had a nice view from the bar. i loved the energy from the crowd, rarely happens in LA.

8. oisin

oisin Senior member

smart move, in hindsight. there were lots of shoes getting lost up there and trampled on and whatnot, and my pen might have leaked on you too. i'm so bummed about my pants even though it's not a huge stain. but i couldn't resist. like you say, you rarely see that energy in LA. always very disappointing to me. shows are just much more fun when people are having a good time and moving a bit. there was a bit of that at future islands at the echoplex last week but i was too far away, and basically none at m83 even though that was pretty epic. Last night sometimes I had to stop and be like, this is all very ironic or pomo or something (that kid's voice!), but mostly i was like eff it and had a good time. it was pretty legit. And I like the troubador. haven't been there in a while.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

ooof....I just did some damage. I saw that the grey oxford flannels are available in the Rudy now, so picked those up, along with the #8 Brixton boot and the Johnstons scarf that got posted earlier. Planning on that being my last purchase of the year, although I'm sure Mike will release something else that will tempt me.

10. racknac

racknac Senior member

swung by the Epaulet store today... I am now the first person in the US in over 10 years to own a pair of Carmina cordovan double-monks... for those who wear size US 10... I apologize for buying the only pair. :slayer:

11. Feji

Feji Senior member

pics or it didn't happen!

12. oisin

oisin Senior member

i was just about to say that!

13. racknac

racknac Senior member

I had them shipped to my apartment in Chicago... probably should've snapped a few camera phone pics. I can take pictures of them on Monday when they arrive, but I'm sure Mike will have them up this weekend.

I can tell you that they are simply amazing...

start donating some blood now... :devil:

14. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Awesome, glad that the box found its way to you safely!

Thank you sir, glad that you're pleased with it!

The only Alden PTB's that we stock are in Black, as we do the Longwings in Color #8. I don't have a Color #8 PTB on our radar right now, but I'm always ordering new Aldens, so it could be something that we do in the future.

At the moment, we only have the Southwick Topcoat in Tweed. I looked at their fabrics, but given the price point, I wanted to use Harris Tweed because it's classic, extremely warm, and basically never dies. For guys to invest the cost of that coat, I thought that the Harris Tweed was a stronger contender. You have to be into the herringbone pattern, but it's a really easy piece to match. Some of my most conservative and old-school customers have picked it up. I shied away from a solid color so that you can still wear similar-colored solid pants with the Tweed jacket (ex. grey pants work with the Harris coat, but might look too matched up with a solid grey overcoat).

Booyaa - thanks so much! We'll get it shipped out for you on Monday.

You're definitely the first person in the USA ever to have Carmina shell double-monks. One of the few in the world. Thanks again for coming by, and I'm so glad that you picked up these stunning shoes!

Just hashed out the prices:

Calfskin Double Monk: $545
    Saddle Shell Double Monk: $825
    Calfskin Chelsea Boot: $595
    Calfskin Dress Chukka: $650
    Chestnut Shell Shortwing: $795

These shoes are absolutely gorgeous in person. I'll shoot them over the weekend, and we'll look to launch them online early next week.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011