Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

That's definitely an issue with anything that doesn't have a Lug Sole. The Danner boot is definitely a better choice for really terrible conditions, but most guys will opt for a Thorogood / Indy Boot / Wolverine 1000 Mile because of it's wearability in normal conditions. Unless you have ice on the ground a lot, it might not be an issue. And something like the Thorogoods can be easily worn in April-May, thereby extending its seasonal use.

But getting a lug piece cemented onto the bottom of the Thorogood might give you the best of both worlds. If you have a local cobbler, you can always swing by and see what they offer before your order.

All the Walts should be shipped now, we just received the Rudy's this past Friday, so those should go out by Tuesday.

Yes, I was working with Loake but once we got the Carmina account I canned all of our other footwear projects. Carmina absolutely knocked me out when I saw it - you guys are going to LOVE these shoes.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

got my wheat donegals in the mail yesterday...these things are incredible IRL, the pics don't really do them justice. Need to drop these off to get hemmed ASAP! I can definitely see myself wearing the hell out of these during fall/winter this year.

3. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Mike,

Would you consider a restock of the Liberty of London Mitsi shirt, particularly in XS?

4. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Just ordered the Donegal Walts in cocoa. If fit is fire I'm coming back for the charcoal.

5. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

What is the difference between the normal khaki Rivet Chinos and the Japanese Chinos? I'm not sure what the difference is in the fabrics.

6. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

I have all three fabrics, so here goes:
    - British Khaki - normal light twill - it has a pretty smooth feel
    - Japanese Twill Khaki - this is the softest and has almost a velvet feel to the outside
    - Canvas Khaki - it's a smoothish canvas - you can see the canvas weave from the closeups. It's not as smooth as the British Khaki and not as soft as the Japanese, but the inside of the canvas has sort of a soft microfiber feel.

Personally, the canvas is my favorite and I think canvas is underrated. It's the most casual, though.

7. pwnstar

pwnstar Active Member

Just out of curiosity, are there any plans to do more corduroys this season? I have been wearing my wheat ones from last year heavily and would love to add a few more to the collection...

8. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Wearing my Navy Rivets Chinos for the first time today and seriously guys, believe the hype. The fit, consdtuction, fabric, etc is all great on these pants. I have afeeling teh two pairs I own will not be my last.

9. racknac

racknac Senior member

Mike, please tell me you will get your Carminas into the SoHo store before Thanksgiving... I need to come in for a sizing before I leave NYC.

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Sent a PM over the weekend, not sure if it's USPS being USPS, but I've got a package that was shipped on 11/13 that hasn't been delivered yet. Usually my Epaulet swag comes within 3 days.

11. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

Just got my cocoa donegal and grape walts. Considering these colors are quite unique, can I get some tips on what color blazer to pair them with?

12. applky

applky Senior member

Navy for the cocoa and either camel hair or olive for the grape. Also grape would look great with a v-neck of some kind.

13. LankyFellow

LankyFellow Active Member

I received my charcoal donegal tweeds this Saturday and wearing them for the first time today. I must say these have become my new favorite. They are so comfortable and the texture is just bonkers.

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I just received my gray canvas chinos. Holy hell they are good. I'm so glad I did not sleep on these. Nathan's comments about the microfiber feel is spot on. They are so comfortable.

I was afraid the fit would be too straight legged for me (I prefer skinny cuts, APC PS / Levis 511) but it works quite well. I might hem them but they look good cuffed 3x right now.

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I know that Johnstons is an awesome brand but IMO this is an excessive love..? :confused:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011